Looking for Rope

Any suggestions on how I can find rope in game?  

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Hunt Kraken, just got one at Shame level 5 by killing just 1. Then I tried killing hundreds at sea while fighting pirates and got zero.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MelchiahMelchiah Posts: 42
    Easier way - find the Guard Captains that shout about raiders. If you double click on the chest, you get given a rope which can be used to recharge a hitching post.
    Otherwise, it's sea creatures (Kraken or Leviathans)
  • Thanks for the information.  I had not seen uoguide before, I will spend a little time there.  I have been staking out the orc platforms to hunt kraken, I guess I just haven't gotten lucky yet.  I will give Shame a whirl.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,945Moderator
    The special spawns of sea creatures connected with the Zipactriotl quest 'The Salty Sea' and the Treasures of the Sea event do not carry ropes, nor treasure maps.
    Freely spawning creatures in Doom, those spawned from fishing nets or the salvage hooks bought from Hepler Paulson do carry them.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Melchiah said:
    Easier way - find the Guard Captains that shout about raiders. If you double click on the chest, you get given a rope which can be used to recharge a hitching post.
    Otherwise, it's sea creatures (Kraken or Leviathans)
    Aren't those blessed ? If so they won't work like that, although I admit I haven't confirmed it.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    edited June 2020
    Ter Mur dungeon has 2 krakens  that respawn rapidly 

• Lord_BytorLord_Bytor Posts: 56
    Mariah " The special spawns of sea creatures connected with the Zipactriotl quest 'The Salty Sea' event do not carry ropes, nor treasure maps. "

I have been running Boss Zippy now every other Weds on Cats for 4yrs. The Salty Sea Quest Creatures Do Drop T-Maps and Mib's. It is true that I have Not Gotten a rope off the many Krakens that you bring up via the anchors bought and used from Helper Paulson.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,945Moderator
    I do apologise. I know many people complete that quest by use of the anchors. I have not come across maps or ropes on the sea creatures found by simply sailing the area. I can only guess that I have had some unfortunate encounters with the RNG. Most of the ropes I have found have come from Krakens pulled up by white nets that failed to summon Scalis.
  • At this point, I am doing well with hunting krakens.  I have not gotten a rope, but I am hopeful.  I am absolutely certain that the ones that die just out of reach are the ones with the ropes.  Trying to keep things timed so that they die next to the shore is its own adventure.  Too bad my diving suit won't let me go out there and loot the ones further out.

Thanks for all the input everyone.
  • For very long now I have only got ropes from Leviathans . Krakens give me  maps and Mibs..Im not sure what you mean with out of reach..I just move the boat so the corpses land on deck and open with ctrl +shift  if they are hard to click. 
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    He had said he was going to try Shame. If in there with no ability to place boat, they can die out of reach.
  • So I have gotten a couple of ropes off of the Krakens now.  I have decided my Fisherman/Archer just can't finish them off fast enough to keep them close to shore though, so I am going to try a purely physical attack pet.  (I like a spot on the third level of Shame best, but I have been out to the Underworld a few times, and I still hunt them in the open ocean just for fun.)

Thanks again all.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited June 2020
    Rope, while it should be at the very least purchased from, oh idk, a Provisioner, should at the very 2nd least, be craftable by, oh just tossing out the idea...a Tailor maybe ? Oh wait I have a better idea, let's make it a ridiculously low spawning item instead. Or you can get a 1 in 785 chance at a Kraken dropping one of these game breaking items...we don't want to have to flood the market with Ropes and cause the entire economy to collapse over an item that should be easily obtainable so we can recharge store bought items....but in all seriously, at least sell the damn things in the store..I"m gonna go off now and study Rocket Science for a while.....cause this ain't Rocket Science.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    So I have gotten a couple of ropes off of the Krakens now.  I have decided my Fisherman/Archer just can't finish them off fast enough to keep them close to shore though, so I am going to try a purely physical attack pet.  (I like a spot on the third level of Shame best, but I have been out to the Underworld a few times, and I still hunt them in the open ocean just for fun.)

Thanks again all.
    See... my reply was shortest and it works..  period lol... what a Shame... 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs