On a side note..

Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
edited June 2020 in General Discussions
I may or may not have had too much wine tonight, but  even though I really hate the RNG and have voiced my opinion many times, I just got a Crimson Cincture for the first time in my UO history. And while it doesn't make up for the decades of neglect shown me by this ridiculous bit of coding, it sure feels good for at least  the next few minutes....
You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Congrats!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    Can we get a like button already! 

*like* 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • TownieTownie Posts: 20
    I bet it would feel even better if it wasn't completely devalued by vvv and blackthorns dungeon.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Townie said:
    I bet it would feel even better if it wasn't completely devalued by vvv and blackthorns dungeon.
    I suppose, but my current playstyle isn't influenced by VvV or other peoples items. I was seriously of the opinion that s**t was broken and that I would never be awarded anything as simple as this, but I was. My only complaint is, it was a looted item, which in my opinion, it should be a backpack drop. Mainly because gold doesn't mean squat to me so I rarely loot a monsters pack. I just happened to this moment and saw the crimmy.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • CornfellowCornfellow Posts: 15
    "I really hate the RNG and have voiced my opinion many times..."

Yeah, I really hate raunchy noodles and greens too!

In my admittedly age influenced opinion, the use of abbreviations and acronyms on the web is minimizing the impact of the original poster's intent.  Indeed, it might be the case that I hate 'RNG' too!  But I'm old.  And newly returning to UO.  So I don't have a clue what RNG is.  Apparently there is something called VvV too, but that's a different story.  Anyway, if someone could elaborate what RNG is and possibly post a link to a relevant discussion, it would be greatly appreciated.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    I had to eat crow on this one, too: it means 'random number generator.'
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    Thumbs Up GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    RNGs have always been wonky in coding, the was one game that had a mob that was supposed to pick a random target within so much distance, but woukd always target players who had "L"s in thier name mo matter how far away they were.

This one may be intended tho, to have a lower drop rate , or even a no drop rate for some accounts to force player interaction.

I know at one point, someone was working on it, said there was something wrong, and then was no longer with UO.

• GraceGrace Posts: 148
    Townie said:
    I suppose, but my current playstyle isn't influenced by VvV or other peoples items. I was seriously of the opinion that s**t was broken and that I would never be awarded anything as simple as this, but I was. My only complaint is, it was a looted item, which in my opinion, it should be a backpack drop. Mainly because gold doesn't mean squat to me so I rarely loot a monsters pack. I just happened to this moment and saw the crimmy.
    Congrats! 

I do find the pack drop/corpse drop confusing also.  Hunted the faery dragon spawn and daemon
    spawn a lot for awhile, then read the ssi legs were a corpse drop. I got a drop not long after but again I was doing those bosses a lot!

Wish the artifact drops where consistent in the manner they are received.

Always wondered how many legs I missed thinking they likely trash anyway.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited June 2020
    Mainly because gold doesn't mean squat to me so I rarely loot a monsters pack. I just happened to this moment and saw the crimmy.
    This could be the reason why you only received 1 for the entire UO career...
    That is fine, next time bring me along and I can help you check all the monsters pack...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Seth said:
    Mainly because gold doesn't mean squat to me so I rarely loot a monsters pack. I just happened to this moment and saw the crimmy.
    This could be the reason why you only received 1 for the entire UO career...
    That is fine, next time bring me along and I can help you check all the monsters pack...
    I always open the packs and look around, my point was I can't remember the last time I actually looted gold.