[Taming] - What is this unusual looking horse and how do you get to ride it? (screenshot)

[Taming] - What is this unusual looking horse and how do you get to ride it? (screenshot)

Comments

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    It's just a regular horse. It came out with the taming update. There are in the lost lands - usually always one just north of Delucia along the mountain.
  • Thanks so much for clarifying this, Marge! So interesting that UO still has many 'secrets' that are not obviously apparent to players (even veterans, let alone new players) at first glance.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    It's a palomino horse. First introduced in publish 97 and listed in the publish notes and included in the list of Tameable Creatures. It can be trained up to 3 slot.  Not really a secret as such, everyone who read the publish notes knows about them.
  • Thanks for the heads up, Mariah! :)
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    I can remember reading up on the Silver Mare, back in the day, only to learn it was fiction after spending days looking for it.  The only Silver Mare is the one the Zoo gets when you hit a certain mark with animal turn ins.  That would be an awesome thing to do with the Silver anniv items coming out, to release a new mount in its honor.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    I thouggt there was one from order chaos.

Way old school, not tameable tho.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    Norry said:
    I thouggt there was one from order chaos.

Way old school, not tameable tho.

I linked that for Mervyn in another thread. You're thinking (I believe) of the silver steed, silver wolf, dark steed and dark wolf that were part of the Siege Perilous hero/evil system.

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Maybe, but i was thinking around 98/99 time frame.