Halloween/botany Idea

So I thought of an idea for Halloween 

I was collecting seeds and resources today and my daughter asked if I was growing pumpkins because she seen all the orange plants. 
Well I got to thinking it would be cool if we could grow pumpkins. Just like other plants have them give seeds (Maybe resources) and have a chance for mutant plants (black white etc) 
Maybe add in a chance to get a special seed instead of a seed of renewal that will grow jack o lanterns which come in new colors and a very rare chance a rotten pumpkin or something like a few topiaries. 
The seeds could come from trick or treat begging a new drop during Halloween.  

This would add something new to botany, it’s been awhile. 

Please add your suggestions 

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
     :) 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    I wasn’t around then but ya almost the same idea would be cool ! 
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    edited June 2020
    Unfortunately the state of gardening under the hood makes adding additional plants pretty restrictive.  If I'm remembering correctly the last plants we added were in 2012 with Vanilla, and that's why.  Before adding additional plants the entire gardening system would require a back end refactor.  Being able to expand on the gardening system is a pet goal of mine, so perhaps in the future when it fits into our broader goals we can get it done!