Looking to have high end custom PVM suit made.

Looking for a PVM suit to add to my collection. Need a craftsman who can integrate/maximize skills, stats, and play style into a suit for this old Sage.

Credit to my old friend @Finley Grant who has been my absolute go to suit builder over the years. He is the quintessential master at this. Enjoy your retirement my friend 

If you had some references that would be great if we do not have history together.
Lord Nabin
High Council Sage
Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
Discord Lord Nabin#5433
lordnabin@yahoo.com

Comments

• King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    What sort of template are you wanting a suit built for? 
  • Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    King_Greg said:
    What sort of template are you wanting a suit built for? 
    Hello King Greg,

Looking for a good PVM hunting suit. 

The basic stats are as follows. 

Str 125
    Dex 10
    Int 125

120 Focus
    100 Inscription
    120 Evaluate Intelligence
    120 Magery
      20 Meditation 
    120 Mysticism
    120 Spell Weaving 

Looking to Maximize damage output and overall effectiveness. 

Plays with Protection spell on so Physical damage would need to be at 80 to start
    Usually holding a 50% sdi invasion spellbook. 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    A mage suit.  Thats easy.  Head wear Dr Spectors or Halo.  Arms, Cuffs of the Archmage. Pants Kelp legs or the Elf version.  Just need a Chest, gorget, and gloves.  The basic Leg Mage shield that drops from roof.Tali the orb with SDI and LMC. Tangle, Hawkwinds robe.  LT sash if you need the 1 MR.  You do not need DCI because template does not have the skills needed. Jumu cloak for 5 SDI.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Right, Looking for something a little more next level. 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Str 28, Dex 28, Int 25, HPR 17, SR 15, MR 12  129/104/97/104/90 Resists, DI 60 DCI 20 LMC 22
    Not bad for a starter set for my warriors and all from VS and every piece was less than 1M max

I also have a mage suit
    Int 71, mana 76, MR47, resists suck, LMC 88, LRC 135  this is a MAX Regen suit for scribes but works great for casting spells non stop for training

I am working on a Mage suit with all the Mage stuff and 70+ resists in everything and yes both of these suits are brittle and so will my Tamer/Bard/Mage suit to run mastries nonstop while killing stuff with my pet
  • basbas Posts: 9
    There isn't something really "next level" than most of what was suggested. For PvM, you're looking to max SDI. The only pieces that really require thinking are your jewels, gloves, and sometimes neck if you need it to cover resistances.

Head: Scholar's Halo
    Neck: Pendant of the Magi (or a good gorget if you want resistances here)
    Chest: Protector of the Battle Mage
    Gloves: good legendary with whatever stats you're missing (lmc/lrc), 4 mana regen, int, mana, maybe an eater
    Legs: Kelp Woven
    Back: Jumu's
    Robe: Hawkwind's
    Sash: Spell focusing or Lieutenant
    Belt: Tangle
    Feet: Minax's Sandals
    Weapon: 50 SDI spellbook
    Shield: Vesper Chaos Shield
    Ring: Crystalline
    Bracelet: 18 SDI, 3 FCR, int
    Earrings: 2% to a resist if you need to cover something like physical to have 70 even with protection
    Talisman: Wizard's Curio or any other 5 SDI talisman

@bas what are all the stats with all those items on, maybe that will help.
    It depends on your gloves/neck choice, but my tamer has:
    127 / 10 / 150 str/dex/int
    118 / 10 / 212 hp/stam/mana
    151 SDI (164 with reaper, 189 with reaper + arcane empowerment)
    3/6 fc/fcr
    40 lmc
    110 lrc
    5 DCI
    28 mana regen
    67/70/70/70/75 (with protection, maxed without protection, maxed with reaper + protection)
    770 skill points (120 lore taming eval mage med weaving, 50 focus)
    27% poison eater

I could probably find slightly better gloves/neck to eek out the last 3% phys, but I'm often in reaper form, so it doesn't matter.
    Thank you @bas
    You're welcome. :) @Lord_Frodo
    I prefer the Basic Legendary shield you get from the Roof:

Since I use protection, FC is useless. The str requirement is less for these.
    FCR is cheap on jewelry.  MR 4 is sweet.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    edited June 2020
    you mentioned you use protection, do you also want 2/6 (magery cap) or 4/6 (weaving cap) ? 

do you want antique jewels or much more expensive and most likely not as powerful clean jewels?

are you wanting to maximize SDI only, or sacrifice a few points of sdi for other stats?
    Smoot said:
    you mentioned you use protection, do you also want 2/6 (magery cap) or 4/6 (weaving cap) ? 

do you want antique jewels or much more expensive and most likely not as powerful clean jewels?

are you wanting to maximize SDI only, or sacrifice a few points of sdi for other stats?
    I think I would like to max the SDI. Magery is usually my go to side for supporting a group I am hunting with. Spell Weaving maximized damage with WORD of Death that I can cast over and over would be a good objective to achieve. Right now I can hit with that at 705 hp of damage about 4 times or so in a row. 

Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • RubyKnightRubyKnight Posts: 192

This is what I consider Next Level. I tried really hard to get 250 mana but I just couldn't make it happen with the 150 HP. Has Halo, Slither and Minax Sandals along with a few no names. I have not died in PVM is over a year with it. The suit also has 18 MR and 12% Casting Focus.
    ICQ 568300481
    Right now I can hit with that at 705 hp of damage about 4 times or so in a row. 

I can do 9 WoD before I reach >30 with the suit I mentioned.  My other toon with more Meditation can do 8 while running consume. Both do 800 to 900 WoD damage depending on targets.

I go with 30MR and have 120 mag and eval. I die often because I make bad choices.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    bas said:
    It depends on your gloves/neck choice, but my tamer has:
    127 / 10 / 150 str/dex/int
    118 / 10 / 212 hp/stam/mana
    151 SDI (164 with reaper, 189 with reaper + arcane empowerment)
    3/6 fc/fcr
    40 lmc
    110 lrc
    5 DCI
    28 mana regen
    67/70/70/70/75 (with protection, maxed without protection, maxed with reaper + protection)
    770 skill points (120 lore taming eval mage med weaving, 50 focus)
    27% poison eater

I could probably find slightly better gloves/neck to eek out the last 3% phys, but I'm often in reaper form, so it doesn't matter.
    @bas ;

Could you please provide a break down of the various pieces of your suit and which are artifacts and which imbued ?

I see that you have no luck on it, does it means that you have then a luck suit that you swap for the kill ?

Thanks !
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    edited June 2020
    My suits has over 200 SDI in Reaper form and AE form with 221 mana, 134 HPs, and 29MR. :)

If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Word of Death is such a joke @Kyronix . It can be used by everyone on screen to kill and get looting rights from anything. Death Ray however, which pales in comparison, can only be used by a single person against a single target. One of these should be changed to match the other.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Pawain said:
    Right now I can hit with that at 705 hp of damage about 4 times or so in a row. 

I can do 9 WoD before I reach >30 with the suit I mentioned.  My other toon with more Meditation can do 8 while running consume. Both do 800 to 900 WoD damage depending on targets.

I go with 30MR and have 120 mag and eval. I die often because I make bad choices.

I can totally relate to that last sentence! 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com

This is what I consider Next Level. I tried really hard to get 250 mana but I just couldn't make it happen with the 150 HP. Has Halo, Slither and Minax Sandals along with a few no names. I have not died in PVM is over a year with it. The suit also has 18 MR and 12% Casting Focus.
    Well Done! Can you break down what you did to get to 250 mana please. 

Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
    edited June 2020
    I appreciate all the very good input. Here is where I am at so far

Head: Dr Spector's lenses
    Neck: Pendant of the Magi
    Gloves: Grey Mist (Mi 2, SDI 2% pr 7 dr 7 cr 3 pr 4 er 4)
    Legs: Enchanted Kelp Woven Leggings 
    Back: Jumu's Sacred Hide
    Robe: Hawkwind's Robe
    Sash: Lieutenant of the Britannian Royal Guard 
    Belt: Crimson Cinture
    Weapon: 50 SDI spellbook (MR 3 SDI 50% FC 1 LRC 10%)
    Shield: Arcane Chaos Shield of Sorcery ( SC 30% INT +5 MI 5 MR 4 LMC 5% pr5 fr 4 cr 3 pr 4 er 1
    Talisman: Mana Phasing Orb MR 1 HC 5 SDI 5 LMC 6 
    Ring: Compassion's Eye
    Bracelet: open 
    Earrings: open

Suit Stats are as follows

Dex Bonus 5
    Intelligence Bonus 38
    Hit Points Increase 15/25
    Mana Increase 30/25
    Hit point Regen 2/18
    Mana Regen 29/30
    Physical R 47/70
    Fire R 67/70
    Cold R 57/70
    Poison R 59/70
    Energy R 62/70

Damage Increase 20
    Hit Chance Increase 5 
    LMC 52/40

FC 1/4
    FCR 1/6
    LRC 125/100
    SDI 137
    Soul charge 30
    Casting 7/12

Night Sight
    Resisting Spells +15

Str 125
    Dex 10
    Int 125

120 Focus
    100 Inscription
    120 Magery
      20 Meditation 
    120 Mysticism
    120 Spell Weaving 

Now Bracelet is another 18% SDI when made that gets me to 155 with room for another 5%

I would like to get this to an all 70's suit if possible while protection is on. Max out the mana to 250 and the hit points. 

Seems like I would adjust the stats to 150 int and 150 str with whatever else I can to Dex? 

Ok thoughts everyone! Thank you! 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
    edited June 2020
    Dump the pendant and chest. You can easily find 20 physical resist chest and gorget on Atlantic with 4 Mr 20 lrc 10 mana. They were less than 2 M each. I just happened to buy a bunch this week but I left a few.

Also look at gloves for more phy resist.

You also have the cuffs I think. 

When I die it would not matter if I had high hitpoints or not. 
    Yes I have the Cuffs missed putting that on there. 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
    OK after a lot of work here is where I ended up. 

Head:                    The Scholar’s Halo

Ears:                      Nocturne Earings

Neck:                    Pendant of The Magi

Chest:                   Protector of the Battle Mage

Arms:                    Cuffs of the Archmage

Legs:                      Enchanted Kelp Woven Leggings

Feet:                      Minx’s Sandals

Hands:                  Mystic Gloves of Defense Int +6 MI +6 MR +1 luck 40 PR 30 FR 5 CR 24 PR 9 ER 21

Shield:                  Arcane Chaos Shield of Sorcery Soul Charge 30% Spell Channeling INT +5 MI 5 MR 4 LMC 5 PR 5 CR 3 PR 4 ER 1

Ring:                      Crystalline Ring

Bracelet:              Vicious Bracelet of Wizardry Magery +15 SDI +18 FCR 3 Poison Resist 11

Tali:                        Wizard’s Curio

Cloak:                    Jumu’s Sacred Hide

Robe:                    Hawkwind’s Robe

Sash:                     Lieutenant of the Britannian Royal Guard

Waist:                  Tangle

Spellbook:           Invasion 50% SDI

STR 125                 Total 294                              Focus 120                             Total 785

DEX 19                                                                Inscription 100                                  

INT 150                                                                Evaluate Intelligence 120

Magery  120

Meditation  85

Mysticism 120

Spellweaving 120

212 SDI total with Reaper Form and Arcane Empowerment

Last steps I would like to add another +15 meditation to the ring, 5% LRC so I could change the sandals to detective boots, and the 11% Poison Resist off the ring to make room for the Meditation. 

Tested the suit this morning seems like plenty of casting power and WoD hit for 937
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I appreciate all the very good input. Here is where I am at so far

Head: Dr Spector's lenses
    Neck: Pendant of the Magi
    Gloves: Grey Mist (Mi 2, SDI 2% pr 7 dr 7 cr 3 pr 4 er 4)
    Legs: Enchanted Kelp Woven Leggings 
    Back: Jumu's Sacred Hide
    Robe: Hawkwind's Robe
    Sash: Lieutenant of the Britannian Royal Guard 
    Belt: Crimson Cinture
    Weapon: 50 SDI spellbook (MR 3 SDI 50% FC 1 LRC 10%)
    Shield: Arcane Chaos Shield of Sorcery ( SC 30% INT +5 MI 5 MR 4 LMC 5% pr5 fr 4 cr 3 pr 4 er 1
    Talisman: Mana Phasing Orb MR 1 HC 5 SDI 5 LMC 6 
    Ring: Compassion's Eye
    Bracelet: open 
    Earrings: open

Suit Stats are as follows

Dex Bonus 5
    Intelligence Bonus 38
    Hit Points Increase 15/25
    Mana Increase 30/25
    Hit point Regen 2/18
    Mana Regen 29/30
    Physical R 47/70
    Fire R 67/70
    Cold R 57/70
    Poison R 59/70
    Energy R 62/70

Damage Increase 20
    Hit Chance Increase 5 
    LMC 52/40

FC 1/4
    FCR 1/6
    LRC 125/100
    SDI 137
    Soul charge 30
    Casting 7/12

Night Sight
    Resisting Spells +15

Str 125
    Dex 10
    Int 125

120 Focus
    100 Inscription
    120 Magery
      20 Meditation 
    120 Mysticism
    120 Spell Weaving 

Now Bracelet is another 18% SDI when made that gets me to 155 with room for another 5%

I would like to get this to an all 70's suit if possible while protection is on. Max out the mana to 250 and the hit points. 

Seems like I would adjust the stats to 150 int and 150 str with whatever else I can to Dex? 

Ok thoughts everyone! Thank you! 
    I have the same except meditation in place of inscription 

So med 120 focus 120 and MR 30, yet I still run out of mana by the time I wish to strike with WOD.

Before arcane empowerment and reaper form, item max sdi can achieve 156, but resist is bad. This is mainly due to Pendant of the Magi.

Swap that for a legendary and should be able to get 70s resist.

So I have 3 configuration:
    1) Max SDI 156 + arcane emp + reaper form = 216
    2) Max resist 150 - 151 SDI before arcane emp + reaper form. Should be about 210 SDI in total.
    3) Swap to max luck suit at 2500+ and statue. 

Then 7 superslayer spellbook keys with SDI >= 25 and all lesser slayers on standby in pack.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Very Good. I missed the town bonus for SDI 5%. Moving my loyalty around to pick that up as well. 

When you carry all the slayers do you have some macro to switch them out or do you have to do it manually?
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
    Very Good. I missed the town bonus for SDI 5%. Moving my loyalty around to pick that up as well. 

When you carry all the slayers do you have some macro to switch them out or do you have to do it manually?

In my case, I used the numpad to switch the spellbooks.
    0 - SDI 50
    1 - 7, super slayers from demon, undead, reptile, repond, arachnid, elemental, fey.
    8 - dragon

The above are fixed, just like my 6 cameos and certain slayers are fixed on my sampire.

Then the keys "9", "*", "+" are for 3 slayers depending on the quest.
    "." key is to empty my hands.

===
    Just another point to share with everyone is that, there is no need to pay or get to full 50 SDI or 30 SDI slayer spellbooks.

Especially for slayer, I opine that +25 is enough, as the 300% + 25%. I see some players struggling to get perfect 30 or 50 SDI and paying high price for them - which in actual fact they don't make much difference in terms of damage.

Imagine its like the Cameo, a slayer is better than 5% damage increase... isn't it? For example EOO is only 82% damage increase, would we pay 100 millions to get just 87% damage increase, or prefer a Slayer which is another 100 - 200% damage increase.

So don't need to buy those high SDI spellbook.
    Great input friend! 

Wish there was a like button! 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • NikardNikard Posts: 164
    Speaking of spellbooks and cameos, anyone else tired of backpack being FULL on your fully equipped 'any situation' toons? My sampire has something like 20+ weapons + cameos
    Nikard said:
    Speaking of spellbooks and cameos, anyone else tired of backpack being FULL on your fully equipped 'any situation' toons? My sampire has something like 20+ weapons + cameos

The cameo is quite "standard" 6, unless they come up with Fey and Eodon slayer.

For the weapons, I do equip based on the quest that I do most regularly, i.e. shadowguard.