Best Template for Fast Solo Champs

ThaleusThaleus Posts: 15
edited June 2020 in General Discussions
TL:DR; Between Tamer/SW/Mage, Sampire, Nox Necro/Mage, Archer, Mystic/Bard what is best for fast solo Fel Champ spawns? Is there a template not listed that would be better?

I've been back for a little while and I found that my favorite solo content is doing champ spawns. As of now I have only done a couple of Fel spawns and they have gone fairly well, but slow. Generally I need to wait for someone else to show up to take down the boss with me. I've done all of this on my tamer. After last night, and Having Semidar beat the living piss out of me, I decided to possibly change tactics and get a new character ready for champ spawns. Also, I get bored with my pet doing all the work. 

So I was thinking I have a Sampire with at least decent stats, but he dies a lot and I think it's just because I don't know how to play him. I have a Nox Necro/Mage, which I also am not practiced at playing and probably doesn't have very good gear. I have a busted archer template that I've been wanting to fix. And I have a budding Mystic/Bard on my other account that I just made like a week ago. 

The long and short of it is out of what I have, which should I develop for solo or possibly duo Fel champ spawns? I am also not opposed to making a completely new toon if necessary as I'm getting a bit bored with my tamer. 

Comments

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Your samp should be female, less damage from the succubus boss, and more armour choices.

All pets are considered male, so tamers are out there.

If you play in CC, and change the macro to ooen your paper doll, it makes mobs notice you, and you can get a big grouo together for WW(same as mages teleporting around)

Go do piper in despise, and get the hang of it. It seems to be an easier one to do, and you may get raided.

Btw, what server do you play, and what times do you spawn?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,074
    "Btw, what server do you play, and what times do you spawn?"

:D 

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Norry said:
    Your samp should be female, less damage from the succubus boss, and more armour choices.

If you play in CC, and change the macro to ooen your paper doll, it makes mobs notice you, and you can get a big grouo together for WW(same as mages teleporting around)

Go do piper in despise, and get the hang of it. It seems to be an easier one to do, and you may get raided.

If you play in CC, and change the macro to ooen your paper doll, it makes mobs notice you,

Yeah, cuz that's how they're doing it. lol
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    Norry said:

If you play in CC, and change the macro to ooen your paper doll, it makes mobs notice you,

Yeah, cuz that's how they're doing it. lol
    That is literally how they are doing it...... 
    Accepting a res, Teleporting, Jumping on your mount, and opening your paperdoll will all instantly make every mob that isn't fighting something within LOS, aggro to you. 
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Just try it instead of assuming i am lying
    :)
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    Thaleus said:
    TL:DR; Between Tamer/SW/Mage, Sampire, Nox Necro/Mage, Archer, Mystic/Bard what is best for fast solo Fel Champ spawns? Is there a template not listed that would be better?

I've been back for a little while and I found that my favorite solo content is doing champ spawns. As of now I have only done a couple of Fel spawns and they have gone fairly well, but slow. Generally I need to wait for someone else to show up to take down the boss with me. I've done all of this on my tamer. After last night, and Having Semidar beat the living piss out of me, I decided to possibly change tactics and get a new character ready for champ spawns. Also, I get bored with my pet doing all the work. 

So I was thinking I have a Sampire with at least decent stats, but he dies a lot and I think it's just because I don't know how to play him. I have a Nox Necro/Mage, which I also am not practiced at playing and probably doesn't have very good gear. I have a busted archer template that I've been wanting to fix. And I have a budding Mystic/Bard on my other account that I just made like a week ago. 

The long and short of it is out of what I have, which should I develop for solo or possibly duo Fel champ spawns? I am also not opposed to making a completely new toon if necessary as I'm getting a bit bored with my tamer. 
    To fight the champ solo a samp looks to be fastest. The next best thing is a discord archer/thrower. 

You can insert necro/ss into any template for an effective spawn template.
    Necro tamer
    wither spamming whirlwind melee
    wither spamming magical shortbow archer
    necro mystic weaver

All those include at least gm magery.