real skill vs skill bonus's

At the bottom on the page on this link https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/player/stats/skills-stats-and-attributes/ says that some skills don't work the same if they are not real skill e.g  + skill bonus's. Now my question is there a list of these skills that do not work the same way or is there a basic rule of thumb? 

I'm making a bard tamer now i need 810 skill points  to use this template with both provo and discord. I'm planning on using imbued jewls too take disco, provo and vet too 120, my question is will these skills at max with skill bonus's work as normal or is there some sort of penalty?

Thanks in advance for any advice and answers.

Comments

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited June 2020
    "All bard songs receive a bonus to their duration and effects if the bard has additional bard skills over GM (Real Skill), based on points:"

https://www.uoguide.com/Bard_Masteries
    -Arroth
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    With jewels and the bird talisman, you could run with 75 taming and lore, i would keep the real bard skills at 120.

I guess a better question is what build your going for, and mastery.
    Vet works will +skill items, same chance to rez, cure heal and extra stable slots.

Stealing however doea not work the same.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Norry said:
    i would keep the real bard skills at 120. 

I second this. I have multiple bards all at 120 real skill. Vet i run below 80 at times and swap to +skill jewels when i have a dead pet. 
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited July 2020
    At the bottom on the page on this link https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/player/stats/skills-stats-and-attributes/ says that some skills don't work the same if they are not real skill e.g  + skill bonus's. Now my question is there a list of these skills that do not work the same way or is there a basic rule of thumb? 

This is a really good question, there's definitely no basic rule of thumb. You'll find that jewellery with certain +skills are in much higher demand than others. Sometimes having real skill makes no difference to having +skill items, sometimes it does. 

I've been meaning to comprise a list for the uo wiki for each skill giving a reason to require real skill. I'll work with Mariah, but off the top of my head, you need real tactics skill at 60 to perform both specials, also real weapon skill, you need real bushido skill to deal high damage nerve strike, you need real 100 spirit speak to see ghosts. 

You need 90 real skill to use masteries, quite often mastery effects are based on real skill, EG i believe shield bash damage is calculated on parrying real skill.

I remember real skill in fishing is needed for something but i can't remember what. I think it was for something as obscure as chance to spawn a scalis with a white fishing net...

I'll crack on with this. 

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited July 2020
    All masteries that take skill into effect are calculated on real skill.

Further research has thrown up:
    25 real stealth skill is required to stealth
    Chivalry spell durations are based off of real skill
    the type of BOD you receive is based off of real crafting skill

Unconfirmed reports of the following:
    Higher chance to steal with real stealing skill
    anat+eval = wrestling (unconfirmed that real skill is required)

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

If i remember right, the formula for that is (eval+anat+20)÷2=wrestling (you could end up with 140 skill wise that way?)