PvP Changes The Devs should take VERY Seriously!

TailTail Posts: 70
IMPORTANT! (Read Below)

CHAMP SPAWNS
#1.) All Power Scrolls/Stat Scrolls MUST be Shard Bound. (Because the ONLY REAL way for pvpers to make Gold is selling Power Scrolls to Trammies and solo Pvpers. Currently the system helps Gold Farmers because pvpers will buy gold since there are no Pvp ways to make $$)

#2.) Add Other "MUST HAVE" Items to Champ Spawn Bosses. Maybe (Faction Item Gear: PvP Related . . .Perhaps Faction Item gear can have a Higher Intensity/Extra Mod or 2 ). This allows Pvpers to get Gear to sell and wear. This helps pvpers with a way to make some $$ doing what they love.

#3.) Champion Spawn Boss loot has WAY to many Items. This needs to come way down . . . Maybe fewer pieces but better ones. Remember, Spawns are the Heart of Fel Based PvP (Or at least used to be when UO was at it's funnest.)

REDS
#4.) Red Lives Matter, Right now there is NO REASON to be Red. Because you can just join factions and kill people without counts. Not to mention the number of pardons in the game is ridicules and has ruined what it once meant to be a 'Murderer'.

"I suggest a Cap for each Character to limit the number of pardons a character can eat in a lifetime. I mean eventually you become an Habitchual Offender right? At some point people catch on to your sinful nature." ( Suggestion: Perhaps 1 Large Pardon, and 5 Regular Pardons?)

What if Reds could attack VVV Without going VVV? This would be a nice perk. Because they are red, they can still be attacked everywhere . . the nice perk would be no stat loss when dying.

This would be a nice start, but the red would still need another reason to go red and stay red.
Possibilities:

'Kill Titles . .or something to show off.'
'Give them a Town Buff.'

Important Skill that Needs Attention
#5.) Inscription needs to add more Spell Damage to make it useful at all. I don't think you will find someone that does not agree with this one. (Trolls Excluded) This Pure Mage needs some love and has needed some ever since people could fit 150 Hit Points with 18 HPR in their Suit. With the way the game is you would also need to add Parry to the list of skills allowed for the extra SDI.

PvP Balances
#6.) Evade hasn't really changed in PvP. You can still evade about 3 spells with it. This keeps the Bokuto/Mage the main PvP Template. Let's face it . . .when everyone is playing the same template, the template is over powered.
#7.) Mana Shield is way to OP

I will stop here. I have many more but this is a start.

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    edited May 2020
    NO NO NO NO NO  If PvP is so GREAT then why do you need lures?  Making PSs Shard bound will do nothing, just like making Primers shard bound did nothing because alls we did was go to that shard and eat them then went home same as the Pet PSs
  • TailTail Posts: 70
    NO NO NO NO NO  If PvP is so GREAT then why do you need lures?  Making PSs Shard bound will do nothing, just like making Primers shard bound did nothing because alls we did was go to that shard and eat them then went home same as the Pet PSs

Who said PvP is great? It's at one of it's worst points in UO History. As far as Making Ps's Shard bound will do nothing . . .that is NOT true at all. By making it so that other shards can't bring their scrolls to Atlantic to sell them, means that running spawns on ATL will once again become important. The same goes with every other shard. The point is: From what you are saying is, you wan't power scrolls to be EASy for you to get. Well they shouldn't be EASY.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Tail said:

Who said PvP is great? It's at one of it's worst points in UO History. As far as Making Ps's Shard bound will do nothing . . .that is NOT true at all. By making it so that other shards can't bring their scrolls to Atlantic to sell them, means that running spawns on ATL will once again become important. The same goes with every other shard. The point is: From what you are saying is, you wan't power scrolls to be EASy for you to get. Well they shouldn't be EASY.
    Sorry you are not getting all the rewards you think you are entitled to but I find it amusing that you think REWARDS are more important then balancing PvP, that is called greed.  Please show me where I want PSs to be easy I said it was easy to go to other shards to get shard bound pet PSs and Primers at a lot lower price than Atl and it is Atl players going to other shards to farm PSs to bring back to Atl to price gouge Atl players.  I also like the real reason for wanting them shard bound because the prices are dropping on Atl because of Atl players and you can not price gouge Atl shard.  Maybe if you had a real reason to change PvP other then greed you might get a honest reply from other PvPers.  PvP is alive and well just log onto Atl Shard and listen to all the BS on Chat with all the PvPers.
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    False!  Pvp has been broken badly for about 5 years now, mainly due to third party programs.  But there is also a lot of balancing issues due to insane gear and high skill point temps.  It really isn't that hard to get it fixed just noone listens to the actual players.
  • drindethdrindeth Posts: 24

pvp has been broken since age of shadows. its hard to balance gear based pvp and even harder when you add retarded things like splintering and dismount. part of the problem with this games pvp now is the barrier to entry is so high. you need legendaries with good stats / many artifacts / good jewelry / weapons with good mods. this makes a lot of people say "too much effort fuck that".

back in the day it was so much easier. u could effectively pvp naked with just a gm halberd and some regs. the playing field was far more even. if you pressed buttons better than the other people you could 1v2 or 1v3 with some success. not everyone wants to have to join a guild to pvp, and soloing is completely useless nowadays.  1v2+ you are dismounted / splintered and taking more damage than any one person could possibly heal probly 97% of the time.

my point is there is a lot of problems with pvp its not an easy fix and im not sure the (3?) devs assigned to uo even give a damn about pvp. you need someone on that team that has stock in something more than pve and this wont happen because a lot of ppl dont give a damn about pvp anymore so the dynamic goes to pve because that is the content people use.

im not saying pvp is dead. there are people that will pvp no matter how good or bad it is. but i am saying its absolutly on life support. it is what it is and its probly not going to change. and do you really want pvmers making changes to pvp? i dont. i wouldnt ask a plumber to do a doctors job.

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    edited June 2020
    This is no longer about UO.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    I have removed some few posts that had strayed from the mission of this forum. It is OK to exchange ideas, thoughts and even opinion. It is never OK to ridicule, diminish or another forum user because that user disagrees with you.
This discussion has been closed.