Problem with EA store login

Is anyone having a problem logging onto the Origin store.  It has been giving me a signin failure message since yesterday saying  "Sign in is currently unavailable. Please try again later."  

Comments

• FenFen Posts: 30
    Sorry It appears I posted twice DUH!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    I got to the point of buying. But I stopped.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • FenFen Posts: 30
    Looks like it is a Firefox thing..I used Google chrome and got in with no problem!

• CityKittyCityKitty Posts: 69
    edited June 2020
    Won't work in Brave either. Was fine for me in chrome too. But now the Account Management page is down so I can't claim the expansion. I just can't catch a break..
    "If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes."
  • SoldahouseSoldahouse Posts: 129
    The account management page has been down for maintenance for hours... How long does it take? 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    That would depend on what they have to do during this maint.  Not all maint. is the same.
  • SoldahouseSoldahouse Posts: 129
    I guess they might be redoing the whole thing cause its still down. 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Right now it is 4:41 PST and I just signed in to EA Store also known as Origin
  • CityKittyCityKitty Posts: 69
    It's frustrating because, after all those tries to get logged in, I finally bought the items and now I can't add them to my account! It's crazy.
    "If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes."
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited June 2020
    Relax, they have to sync Origin with Steam as they release more games....

https://kotaku.com/ea-brings-a-bunch-more-games-to-steam-1843907673

It's only 13 titles (12 more slated for later in Summer). I was hoping Mass Effect 3 would make the cut. No dice yet on that one.

There will probably be more Origin Store/Mythic account management downtime as EA Access links with Steam later this Summer.

The EA Originals for Independent Studios looks like an interesting new section...…… >:) 
    -Arroth
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited June 2020
    "EA is planning further waves of game drops on Steam in the coming days and weeks. Expect Battlefield games to hit around the time of EA Play on June 11. Sims 4 will come a week later."
    https://venturebeat.com/2020/06/04/ea-games-hit-steam/

We'll have to see if we get any more UO Account/Origin hiccups in the run up to those time frames. 

APEX Legends is also supposed to launch at some point on Steam this Summer. That should be a fun couple days with the Origin service.  
    -Arroth