Can we please have "STATs" Soulstones be made available for sale at the UO Store ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,903
edited May 2020 in General Discussions
Dear @Mesanna , @Bleak , @Kyronix , I am not sure how much trouble and work would it be to make this possible but, I think it would be nice to be able to purchase, along side with the currently existing Soulstones for skills, also Soulstones that work for Stats where one could store stats as wanted.....

Sure, they may not be in a high demand like skills Soulstones (but who knows, perhaps they might instead be ?) but there still could be a market for them.... after all, there is several items in the UOStore which are not as much in demand as Soulstone tokens and, yet, they were made available nonetheless....

And, it would be an extra income source for the upkeep and maintainance of Ultima Online....

Can you please consider this possibility ? Thanks !

Comments

• vortexvortex Posts: 200
    Stats are so easy to raise I wouldn't spend anything on one of those....
  • NikardNikard Posts: 164
    Easy to raise? Yes. Do I still want this? Yes. My game time is limited these days and Id happily pay a few bucks to save the time.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Can you give an example of a situation in which you would use one?
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Might add the capability to existing soulstones, but please, lay off promoting instore $$ items.  Game is almost to the point of being ridiculous with nothing new ingame, except the cash grubbing money store.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    @Mariah when switching a char from a mage to any malee char where you need to massively change Int/Mana with Dex/Stam  Str might also change so we are talking 4-5 stones to do a str/dex/int total change over and I could see player paying $$$ to get the sovs to do this.  Not sure the cost for them but IMHO the same price as a soulstone but a different graphic so it is easy to tell them apart.

Changing those stats can be done but you need to stone off skills then change stats accordingly then stone the skills you want on the new build and that all takes time away from normal game play.
  • AenvarAenvar Posts: 42
    I think it's a cool idea, even though stats are easy to train compared to most skills, new characters could get them boosted instantly after creation. But definitely they should be obtainable outside the cash store.
  • fonsvitaefonsvitae Posts: 51
    Mariah said:

As @Lord_Frodo said, switching between high Intelligence versus high Dexterity takes some time and one is left playing in a sub par state (i.e., not meeting the min 80 dex criteria for parry, having a depleted mana pool due to low int) until the changes are complete; it can take a few days for things to settle and finally get to where they should be.

Compound this by being limited to only one character (say this is the only char to have ate the necessary scrolls, or worse: playing on Siege, where one only has one char per account) and I can definitely see how useful such a stat soulstone would be.

Lastly, IMHO, a quick switch functionality would be much better than a stat "soulstone". What I mean is that it would be far better to be able to reassign points one already has than it would be to store different amounts of stats on different "soulstones": this is the idea people should get behind.

• PicusPicus Posts: 13
    Mariah said:
    Sigh, I found a new and better item for a suit but it changes stats thus statstone thing can adjust it quickly without having to watch during game play and missing a point movement. Situation number 1.

Made a fresh char on a new server for EM events.  Clearly it was a mind numbing process as 100-120ing skills is boring and we all kinda fall asleep sometimes with this mid age stuff.  Thankfully said char doesn't die and I managed not getting in UO jail for my accidental sleep issue, poor guy was bashing that spider all night :s .  Need to adjust these stats now, statstone.  Situation number 2

I want to pay to win, statstone.  Situation number 3.
    Might add the capability to existing soulstones, but please, lay off promoting instore $$ items.  Game is almost to the point of being ridiculous with nothing new ingame, except the cash grubbing money store.

Uriah is dead on correct but to ask why people would see value in this type of item is just silly.  

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/6599/sovereign-to-gp-relationship

Think of how effectivly @Petra_Fyde ; could raise gold for her game play....this is a clear win.  A item like this would be far more liquid versus the boat.  Situation number 4.

Giving money to the cash grubbing money store.  Situation number 5.

CLICKITTY CLICK IS LAMESAUCE!

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    edited May 2020
    For the record @Picus I have never bought items from the store to sell. I just know people who have, and know people who would like to buy the items for gp, but aren't sure what is a fair price to pay.  I don't play for gold and couldn't care less what my bank balance is.
    I play for the fun, and always have. 
    You shouldn't believe all you read about me elsewhere. Much of it is the product of imaginations fuelled by spite and bears no relation to truth.
    IF you want truth instead of fiction, send me a pm.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Should be a function of a mannequin.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    I like the idea of being able to save a stat. It would sure help out switching templates around. I know you can just go over to TC and try things but not everyone likes to do that. 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited May 2020
    Mariah said:
    The need might mainly arise to swap high intelligence and high dexterity characters and this, particularly when powerscrolls may have been already eaten by the same one template and not 2 different templates....

And this includes +25 and +5 stats scrolls that bring a template's CAP to 260.... 

Having different characters with varying stats forces one to have to scroll all of them up in powerscrolls and stats scrolls.... being able to use stats soulstones could help a player to "save up" on powerscrolls and on stats scrolls.

Also, working back and forth stats can be done, but is time consuming.... having a stats scroll could make this more players friendly and help one save up on powerscrolls....
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited May 2020
    Pawain said:
    Should be a function of a mannequin.

While it would be a pain to have to rework several sets of stats, it would be totally cool if when you put your mage suit on a mannequin, it took the stats with it...dex suit...etc...All characters on any account can share their skills, no reason not to share stats too..I could give this a thumbs up.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Have a special mannequin (account bound) that does 3 stats and up to 7 skills and your suit all for 10,000 sovs
    Swam out Mage/Tamer/Bard with a Samp type char like swapping suits.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Seems to me a lot of risky complicated programming to solve a relatively minor issue. I’m thinking stats are in the core game program and fiddling with with them could have major unintended consequences. Not to say it couldn’t be done just asking is it worth the risk and effort. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Tim said:
    Seems to me a lot of risky complicated programming to solve a relatively minor issue. I’m thinking stats are in the core game program and fiddling with with them could have major unintended consequences. Not to say it couldn’t be done just asking is it worth the risk and effort. 

You can go to TC and raise and lower stats.  Stats are not a mystery.

I am wondering if Popps just wants his Valiant scroll to apply across all toons so he came up with this idea.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • XrisXris Posts: 130
    Make it bought with in game gold, like multiple platinum. This would be a good way to remove some gold from game. I couldn't afford one but that's ok, they need to make mounts that cost multiple platinums too. The Atlantic economy needs balancing, let people pay 2plat for the coolest mount in game or a stat soulstone. Some people have endlessly deep pockets, give them something cool that they will spend it on.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    edited May 2020
    no one know about cloak of corruption...only need to wear it and your stats raise
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    I just raised my tamers strength from 95 to 125 in like 10 mins using taming masteries... Sure be nice to use a soul stone but there are way more pressing needs to fix in game besides a soul stone for something so quick and easy do to...
    I didn't think of TC changing Stat numbers so it might be a relatively and easy item to add but I still don't see it worth the effort. 

I just hope if the developers are considering this they spend some time considering posable effects on the game. When soul stones were introduced nobody thought players would be using them mid treasure chest hunt. Not saying that's bad just that it probably wasn't intended. I don't see any down side in my tiny bit of UO but I don't see any advantage ether other then an unneeded easy button.
    @Tim how are you using soulstones while you are away from an inn or your house.
    I don't do it this way but according to the threads on the t-map changes you dig chest go home stone t-hunting skills load fight skills go back kill guardians etc. 

Seems like way to much work for me but apparently some people do it that way. As I said I don't have a problem with them doing it just that I don't think that sort of thing was intended when they introduced soul stones.
    @Tim Talk about taking the fun out of UO and turning it into hard work that is stupid.  By the time I did all that the Spawn and chest would be gone, 1 finger speed typist.
    I didn't say I did it or thought it was a good way. I just said people said they did it that way.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Nikard said:
    Easy to raise? Yes. Do I still want this? Yes. My game time is limited these days and Id happily pay a few bucks to save the time.

Depends on what they define as easy. Using Classic + 3rd part macro to raise say arms lore 1.25 secs for each time. This can be done unattended if they wish, so they can sleep and if GM does not catch them (since they even rarely respond so fast for real help request), then its "easy" to raise.

If you are doing the manual way, that is more time consuming, hence its "hard-er".

For me, I will be frank:
    EC is the more playable than CC.
    CC is for 3rd party, and I use it for attended macroing - at least I don't have to press the buttons for 10 hours straight, or attempt to jam my keyboard keys. Or drinking 5 cups of coffee and risk health hazard.

Might as well make them all legitimate as long as the "unattended" rule still applies. If the GM comes and chat to you and no respond within 1 or 2 minutes then you are fried.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    btw, I will be honest that as I write this my CC is macroing away automatically using a 3rd party. But I am watching it from time to time. Even the EC has 10 repeat is not enough. I could not imagine having to press the button in a dumb, brainless manner for a few hours. I pay to have fun not press buttons to repeat an action 1000 of times. My character needs training not my fingers and eyes.
    Tim said:
    I didn't say I did it or thought it was a good way. I just said people said they did it that way.
    I wasnt trying to say you were sorry if you took it that way I was just talking about what you said other people were doing.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Seth said:
    btw, I will be honest that as I write this my CC is macroing away automatically using a 3rd party. But I am watching it from time to time. Even the EC has 10 repeat is not enough. I could not imagine having to press the button in a dumb, brainless manner for a few hours. I pay to have fun not press buttons to repeat an action 1000 of times. My character needs training not my fingers and eyes.
    One beauty of the EC is the config file is in text. You can open the file in your favorite text editor, find your macro, copy and paste the contents 100 or 1000 times. I have some training macros that last 8 hours that I only need to click a button once to start then I watch a movie on the TV while keeping an eye on the laptop and move the mouse every so often to keep connected.
    TimSt said:
    Seth said:
    One beauty of the EC is the config file is in text. You can open the file in your favorite text editor, find your macro, copy and paste the contents 100 or 1000 times. I have some training macros that last 8 hours that I only need to click a button once to start then I watch a movie on the TV while keeping an eye on the laptop and move the mouse every so often to keep connected.

Sir - thanks for the tip! I will check this out.

I have been using 100% original EC for years now. It is so hard to use CC - if not for nostalgic reason and 3rd party programs.The graphics - how to find items in a bag? Fixed game window size, messy icons, argh... If only just EC, perhaps the dev team can have more time to service 1 client and not 2 clients. Hence less bugs.
    And to think the EC is legal, LOL