Tmaps bugged?

Been doing alot of tmaps today, and quite a few level 3s, after digging it up, when I try to use remove trap nothing happens, same if I try to use lockpick instead, tooltip comes up, click the chest and no message, nothing as if Im not clicking the chest? 

Comments

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    I have had no problem doing tmaps today.  I Use spell magic unlock on lvl 1-3 chests then use remove trap.  No issues at all.  Not sure what you are doing wrong.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • MalokMalok Posts: 48
    I did well over 50 today... a good amount.. seems like ones partially blocked by trees as the cursor can't find he pixel of the chest, you can't target the chest with the cursor when using remove trap, you can otherwise click it and it will say its locked... 

However, if you click the untrap button or your lockpick you simply get no message as if your not even targeting it... 

Probably 8 or so out of alot of maps.... 
    MissE said:
    I have had no problem doing tmaps today.  I Use spell magic unlock on lvl 1-3 chests then use remove trap.  No issues at all.  Not sure what you are doing wrong.

I bet what your doing wrong is using the classic client. In the enhanced client the branches on some trees will block the chest from being targeted with the remove trap or lockpick cursor. Relogged using the CC and was able to open it fine.... BUG indeed. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I don't think there is a bug here, treasure hunters have been opening boxes below tree canopies in EC without a problem, simpy use ctrl + shift and target the object handle.
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    I use remove trap target current and no problems at all in EC
    Mariah said:
    I don't think there is a bug here, treasure hunters have been opening boxes below tree canopies in EC without a problem, simpy use ctrl + shift and target the object handle.
    Not following What do you mean target object handle ? I click on remove trap ... than use ctrl / shift on the chest?
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,021
    edited May 2020
    Malok said:
    Mariah said:
    Not following What do you mean target object handle ? I click on remove trap ... than use ctrl / shift on the chest?
    Under your user settings go to the Options tab. About 1/2 way down the tab there are options for Object Handles. Set Object Handles to display Items.

When you're ready to untrap/unlock a t-chest hold down Crt-Shift and it will bring up the object handles for all the items on your screen. Use your lockpick and target the object handle for the chest. Do the same for Remove Trap.

And yes, EC has some problems with both vegetation and corpses making the chest more interesting to target.

P.S. You can also double click on the chest object handle to target the chest. The chest will then appear in your targeting window. When you LP/RT you can click on the targeting window. This will allow you to let go of the object handles while retaining the chest as a target. 
    -Arroth
    Thanks man, never knew that function was there, pretty neat. I used the ctrl shift...