CU stoped obeying me

Ever since yesterday my CU has not obeyed me. I took him to Ishnar to kill some Exodus Overseers  and Exodus Minions in the Gargoyle Mining Camp for that right to use spellweaving quest. There were some other things there as well like Betrayers, Controllers and Enslaved Gargoyleis. I have 120 pure Lore and taming. I have never had a problem with this CU before used to hunt with him all the time. He did die, which was one of the first time he ever did. But I rezed him and refed him and stabled him. And now he wont obey even the simplest commands. I feed him again, say follow me and sill noth'n. He just sits there and sauks even when there is the most simplest of spawn like an ettin or something. What should I do?

Don't let heartburn and indigestion keep you from relishing life's special moments. Use Alka-Seltzer for speedy relief when you need it.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited April 2020
    Feed it. We have a bazillion Cus on LS. When they freeze. Feed them. You don't have a special one.

Or you don't have 120 taming and lore.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    try giving the command 'all stop', then try feeding and commanding again.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Your pet won't attack some of the stuff in the camp (some of the Exodus stuff I think, but I don't remember which ones), UNLESS you have your pet "guard" you, and then attack something. When it agros you , then the pet then attacks it!
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
    They don't like the taste of metal. Probably what he is talking about. I thought there was a message when you tried to make the pet attack those.
  • yea i got message saying pet wont attack that but now im not over there no more im just killing normal stuff and it just sits there, well, i was in ter mur by where all the repear spawn when it happed todya. BTW im using laptop right now im dislysic. Ill try that all stop thing. And I do feed my pets all the timel when i get them out of stabless and every hour. My other pets are working fine. I only have one account, so i shuffle, skills around alot. Have every color soul stone and two of one of them. I was working Spellweaving today,and souled off all my skills but SW and med.. Then I needed to cast summon fey(btween 40 and 60 skill) and had to do that quest to do it first..I put taming and lore back on 120 each and got my CU to kill the reapers. I didnt re activate my taming mastery but I dint think I needed it.
    Don't let heartburn and indigestion keep you from relishing life's special moments. Use Alka-Seltzer for speedy relief when you need it.
    Mountable pets will freeze sometimes.  Feeding them always resets them. Lore it to make sure it is wonderfully happy.
  • My CU is still at 3 slot like when I got him so I go with a unicorn and together they are pretty powerful. The CU tanks while the Uni DPS spells mostly. The unicorn was on that hunting trip with me to Ishnar and never gave me any trouble but ened up dieing becuase the CU just stood there. LOL The next day I took them both out again and the Uni was acting fine. I'm just haveing probs with the CU. Which I never did before yesterday. Ive had it for like 6 months. Havent had time to train it up yet. Before this virus thingy, I only had time to log in do some GGS gains on chars and pick up BODs from NPCs. But last couple weeks I dusted off my main crafter and started doing the BODs and I heard that a SW tamer is better than a disco tamer. So i learned Spell Weaving. My tamer is my main PvMer.
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    question: when you call it do you use its name?  Like Susie follow me...  or do you do the general "All follow me" .    
    You might want to do a few things before you go off on the Cu.  
    As Mariah said, do the "All Stop" feed then the "All follow me" a few times it should reset the pet. When the older pets would get stubborn it was the litany  all stay, all stop, all follow me with a chunk of food before each request of the pet.  Be thankful it was not a skeleton dragon which removes your bond and sets the pet wild.
  • AlkaseltzerAlkaseltzer Posts: 43
    question: when you call it do you use its name?  Like Susie follow me...  or do you do the general "All follow me" .    
    You might want to do a few things before you go off on the Cu.  
    As Mariah said, do the "All Stop" feed then the "All follow me" a few times it should reset the pet. When the older pets would get stubborn it was the litany  all stay, all stop, all follow me with a chunk of food before each request of the pet.  Be thankful it was not a skeleton dragon which removes your bond and sets the pet wild.

Yes, I say "All follow me". But, everythings fine now. I'm GMed Spellweaving, put taming and lore back on and retrieved my CU from the stables and he obeys me again. Maybe he just needed to cool off. **Shrugs**
  • MalokMalok Posts: 48
    feeding also helps skill gains