Curious what you think

I made this comment on Stratics, wondering what people think here.

UO shards are how old now?
Shard merger is a tank full of worms, won't even go there. 
I would love to start on a brand new shard, standard shard, fel, tram, etc. 
Nothing goes in or out; all items shard bound.
Checks in place for in-game gold skyrocketing, any items multiplying like rabbits, characters repeating same task (uo geo location?), recalling to same spots, patterns in general, flagging them for personal GM intervention, controlled economy, apply lessons from the history of UO, etc, etc...

What is the point of playing a game if you can't reset and start over!
  1. Start a new shard per region?22 votes
    1. Yes
      40.91%
    2. No
      59.09%

Comments

• PinkertonPinkerton Posts: 105
    I want this to happen.  I cannot pretend to know what the outcome may be.  But I want it to happen.  I think it is the best idea for the game right now.  I would play on a fresh server - only partly because it is fresh, but also because the game would be so much better on a server with no transferring at all and a decent population.

I also think that mythic characters should be disallowed for the first 3 months - but that is a cash cow for EA so it probably wont happen.
  • EyeEye Posts: 91
    Pinkerton said:
    I also think that mythic characters should be disallowed for the first 3 months - but that is a cash cow for EA so it probably wont happen.
    lol, I don't want that to happen!
    I want my easy start!!!
    :wink:
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 78
    My considered response: No.

• TabinTabin Posts: 30
    I wouldn't mind starting on a fresh shard with zero transfers.  It would probably be a ton of fun. 
  • FatFat Posts: 97
    Is this the same person crying about a new shard on Reddit?
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    I would love for this to happen. Transfers in disallowed. 100% fresh.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
    Fat said:
    Is this the same person crying about a new shard on Reddit?
    Is this the same person who has nothing to add, and needs to learn the definition of "crying", that most people learn at a very young age? ;)

The answer to your question is no!  
  • FatFat Posts: 97
    edited April 2018

Based on the tone of your reply, I would say the answer is yes. 

There are too many shards as is. 
    Fat said:

Based on the tone of your reply, I would say the answer is yes. 

Assume all you want. If you have nothing to add to the topic, please don't bother replying to it.

Fat said:
    There are too many shards as is. 
    Thank you
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Go play Seasons on Diablo 3 for a while.  Then see how fun starting over and over is.

You want them to make a new shard because you are bored.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    @Pawain

I though of something, and posted it for discussion.
    Some like the idea, some don't; you don't!
    It has nothing to do with me wanting them to make a new shard for me cause I am bored, or if I am bored!!!
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    Some shards need to be closed down, but that doesn't mean that creating a new shard with restrictions like no transfer in wouldn't be a cool idea.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • SableSable Posts: 239
    I'm not leaving Pacific, but I'm not opposed to them adding new shards to basically reset the game from scratch for other players to enjoy.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    This is how Origin started....for the first...I don't remember how many months there was no transfers allowed. I hated leaving Larisa on Napa but it was so much fun starting over from scratch....until about a few weeks later everyone had scripted 120 tailor/smiths etc. and it didn't matter anymore :/ But it was fun for awhile :)

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited April 2018
    Everybody screams about all the resources the dead shards are consuming and now someone wants to open up even more shards to thin out the player base, LOL, sure no problem.  It will be dead/scripted in a month.
    Bilbo said:
     It will be dead/scripted in a month.
    Eye said:
    Checks in place for in-game gold skyrocketing, any items multiplying like rabbits, characters repeating same task (uo geo location?), recalling to same spots, patterns in general, flagging them for personal GM intervention, controlled economy, apply lessons from the history of UO, etc, etc...
    LOL,did you miss that part?
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Eye said:
    Bilbo said:
     It will be dead/scripted in a month.
    Eye said:
    LOL,did you miss that part?
    And you think they are going to take their time to do all this with the limited resources that everybody screams about and say we need to reduce the shards and YADA YADA YADA YADA now that is funny.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    I moved to a shard with no transfers in or out, where there is still an economy of sorts, it is called SIEGE.  However, if there had been a similar option with a trammel/fel game ruleset with 0 transfers in and out I would of otped for that espeically if it was on a shard where I didn't ping 280ms to. 

However, having said that, creating new char/s on siege starting with 1000 gps and rot etc has been fun, even with my ping. 

If you are fed up with the prodo shards, and the totally borked economies then give siege a go.  I find no insurance really liberating the simple trick is when you set up your house allow one chest each for hats, gloves, sleeves, leggings, gorgets, and tunics and when playing loot monsters to get armors with the mods you want and store em in your 6 chests.  Get killed and looted, no problem just go and re rig.  Right now I can get killed and looted at least 80 times and still have decent 100% lrc armor to put on my mages.  And ya get a house there too, although if you currently do have a house there and aren't playing, do the decent thing and demolish it so that others can have some room.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Yeah Siege is a great option if you want to start over...the people there, for the most part, are VERY nice and accommodating and VERY helpful and they have an amazing EM that does all kinds of fun stuff

• TimTim Posts: 790
    Sounds interesting 
    But why does this type of conversation always drift into closing shards?
    Some nights I enjoy an evening gaming even if I don't see anyone else, others its a pain but thats just me.
    As I see it the cost to Broadsword for development customer support and the like are the same for 1 shard as for 50. So the only cost for low population shards is the server farm. I have no idea how much that would be but if people are running pirate shard from home it can't be much.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    No thank you the DEVs have enough on their plate to keep them busy for a long time.