Suggestion: Pet sharing exchange within the same account

As I get more into animal taming I find that I would like to share pets across the characters in my account.  For example share the large beetles one of my characters tames among the other 6 characters. 

What I suggest is a pet exchange similar to the cleanup points exchange.  One character places a pet in the exchange, logs out, logs in another character on that same account, and that character removes the pet from the exchange. Bonded pets that are put into the exchange are auto bonded to the character who removes them from the exchange. The character who removes the pet needs to have the necessary skills to control that pet otherwise the pet will not be removed from the exchange.  Limit the number of pets in the exchange to one to prevent using the exchange as a stable.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Pets bond to that player.  Not the account. I'm fine with that.

Make a Beetle for each Tamer like the rest of us do.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    This would be a nice gold sink idea for those players that have only 1 account or for players that do not want to log on a 2nd account tamer to swap pets around.  Do pets still have a limit on the number of times they may be transferred. 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Pawain said:

How would that change hurt you at all ? You could still continue to play the same way you always do. I can only speak for myself, but I don't think I've ever once, in 22 yrs of playing and posting, said "I'm fine with that" as an opposition to someone elses idea.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Only vaguely related, but maybe worth mentioning in case people are unaware.
    One of the advantages I find I have because I stock a Magincia pet stall, if I put a basic (non tamer) pet on the stall with my tamer character then my other characters on the account can take it off. I have used this to pass giant beetles and fire beetles to my tamer and swamp dragons to my melee fighters.
  • Pawain said:

How would that change hurt you at all ? 
    I'll bite for kicks,

Role play immersion breakage. Bam.  Tamer job security.  Pet prices.  Saturation of powerscroll market.  More dreads in pvp.  So on and so on.  Its a mmo sandbox, things are interconnected.

A silly question to ask.  How would this change hurt him?  It wouldn't, aside from rp reasons or percieved value of pets and items.  You know it he knows it we all know it, jeesh. 

We can apply that critical thinking to the inverse.  What hurt will op suffer to train pets as his/her characters require?

There's no objective to the game, so any pain or challenge is create by the user.  Game history and mechanics say no sharing pets.  User doesn't want to be bothered nor finds no or little satisfaction in doing so within game mechanics.

Fault isn't on the mechanics in this situation.  

Perhaps the prior poster was implying a sense of needless changes that cater to the lazy or unimaginative.

I'm with that.  Have pride in you pets and followers I say.  They're pets not tools.
    edited May 2020
    Pawain said:

How would that change hurt you at all ? You could still continue to play the same way you always do. I can only speak for myself, but I don't think I've ever once, in 22 yrs of playing and posting, said "I'm fine with that" as an opposition to someone elses idea.
    Poster above has good reasons. First thing that popped into my head was why can't I use soulstones from any of my accounts.  Something we can't do. I am also fine with that. 
    Some things make the game UO.

Also my toons are individuals.  Some don't like others.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    25M gold fee each time it is used
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Before it too heated is this really a problem worth the programer's time and effort to fix?

Anytime I wanted to transfer a pet from one char to another I could find a friend or passer by to hold on to it long enough for me to switch character.
    As for instant bonding see the store.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    For the record I'm not for or against it. I have 2 tamers that's enough for me. I wouldn't have responded at all because I do take my own medicine. I just really wanted to know why Pawain was so quick against it. We can share soulstones across an account, we share a bank box ...sharing pets wouldn't bother me.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    After seeing the bugs that get introduced when changing how things work. I fear this could cause a lot of issues. Also I can see it now. Players can't remember who they put the pet on so they come here and claim the pet went poof. 

I'd rather the devs work on new things and not mess with the old code. 

New pet types or pet cross breeding would be a better place to spend limited resources on pets.
  • MandrakeMandrake Posts: 61
    I dont fancy that idea... one pet per char... is good.