How can cheaters be stopped?

crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
edited April 2018 in General Discussions
Some guy named ******* on Atlantic is using a speed hack to basically cheat the PvP gaming style... its pretty lame, just saying, can anything be done? Its like steroids in sports or something , prolly cant do shit cause they can turn it off n on, but its so annoying.

edited by Mariah

Comments

• crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    Is it cornering, a speeder hack, or both?
  • PapaSmurfPapaSmurf Posts: 112
    Naming someone AND without actual proof, fairly sure that's against the ToS  :|

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    In general, there are no technical solutions to stopping cheaters. That's just an arms race nobody can win.

Only GMs enforcing the TOS and banning accounts can stop them, but sadly that is just a dream.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 270
    edited April 2018

It encourages others to do the same when no action is taken.

That's kinda where were stand today. I can currently count on one hand how many I know that aren't using that latest program (not sure I can mention it but ya'll know the one).

If 24hr vacations were given out I'm sure the message would get out FAST. The excuse, "it would hurt their bottom line far to much" holds no water imo. Anyone I've EVER know that's gotten hit with a ban stick comes back usually the same day on another account or waits out the ban & starts playing again. I've never once had a player I knew stop playing cause of a forced vacation from UO.

Just sayin'.

• SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    Thats one reason why my friends and I left UO years ago, no action done to the hackers.   20 years later nothing still done.  

That in itself prob hurt their bottom line more then anything. But I guess ignorance is bliss after all.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 270

Syncros said:
    Thats one reason why my friends and I left UO years ago, no action done to the hackers.   20 years later nothing still done.  

That in itself prob hurt their bottom line more then anything. But I guess ignorance is bliss after all.

Couldn't agree more. I've seen more friends quit UO due to cheaters then I care to remember. Yet in vent I've heard "Damn they caught me on that account" and none of those folks ever quit.

• Isn't easier just make "that macro program" legal? since EC macros are actually faster then cc ?

Its so strange some players complaining about something when Pincos UI and playeredit UI are so faster to run on diagonal, and so faster to cast with automatic last target EC macro (harm spam)

Actually a well edited EC client beat any Clasic Client "hack"

Other cool detail, for example, some players play with 300ms, with "some programs" the player can try run slower but closest to 50ms players, if 50ms players always run faster then 300ms players, the 300ms players will simple stop play.

I think UO need a system where everyone walk and cast at same speed regardless of ms, or reduce the ms factor. or change some servers into other global áreas.

Is fun i trying pvp against US players since i live in South America, i hit a player, he goes redlined then i never see he again (until he goes full hp) .

I play and pay this game a lot of years, but my game experience is so worse if compared with any Europe, Oceania, North America, Asia player, because all they have OPTION to play with lower pings, i don't :/
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    :o
  • We had an opportunity, decades ago, with PunkBuster. Draconi supposedly was able to monitor all the cheating in game too (he said he had a "spreadsheet" of it), and had banned the biggest dupers and burned down their houses in a public display.

Basically, the only way to stop cheating in online games, is to crack down on cheaters like a hammer, so hard that it makes the CCP and Putin look lenient in comparison.