Loot Rules

2»

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I think it would have been nice to make it random drops from any of the invaders right now everyone hones in on the staff holding people and if you are not there in early mins you are getting the weapons...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • TheoTheo Posts: 169
    edited May 2020
    Can’t believe I’m going to agree with popps but I do. 

The weapons are generally trash. A few high mods but most dexers are samplers. We need whirlwind weapons and AI weapons with speed. The stuff these invasion mobs drop are trash. I don’t care what the mods are on some fans or a hammer pick - I just know I don’t want it.  High DI is cute but many Samps already maxed on di and actually value the whetstone to remove di in favor of other mods. (They need to drop a double axe or war axe or black staff or bokutos or the like). 

The spell books on one type of mob that can be wiped first is a terrible design. Outright bum rush for 2 minutes and then half the population leaves while people clean the rest for no rewards as the others log into other shards to do the same thing.  Books need to be available throughout and at the end. The final boss loot is plentiful and super crap. Less items. More value. It’s going to help me build another Imbuer with unravel mats. That’s it. 

It’s been 2 days and I’m super bored of it.  

By the way it’s like you didn’t even test it. Vesper spawn is all over including outside of town. 

Trinsic spawns in walls.  It’s a pain getting the boss to spawn. 

Before you just retread content maybe you could fix the issues we identified the first time. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    popps said:
    Hay @ popps did you ever think that the weps being dropped are mostly 2 handed and not at the top of the leaches.  So I suppose a kyrss with %98DI %80 LL %84 SL with other mods and NO NEG is junk.  But with you only supposedly playing a Tamer and no clue about anything else is ok. 
    If they are such great weapons, why would people then drop them on the ground all over with them?
    Do you not UNDERSTAND that they were not the top one being put into your back pack that in fact there were better one also that people were keeping or is that beyond your understanding.  Did you even do the invasion or are you just doing your normal BLAH BLAH BLAH without even playing the game?  What drops did you get in your back pack that is assuming that you did the invasion which IMHO you did not.
    I got SDI spellbooks, Slayer SDI spellbooks AND the dexers and Archers weapons (Fencing, Swords and Macing) so, I guess I have seen what is out there to drop....

And thos weapons are the same ones that I see people dropping on the ground...

With 1, single and lonely exception, Throwing Weapons which Gargoyles get BUT, I suppose, that is because of the few Gargoyles that there might be around capable of also doing high damage and thus compete for those weapons drops.... not really because Throwing weapons are the only usable....
    McDougle said:
    I think it would have been nice to make it random drops from any of the invaders right now everyone hones in on the staff holding people and if you are not there in early mins you are getting the weapons...
    Absolutely.

This "cherry picking" of NPC type to get a specific drop I think it was a great mistake.

Drops should have been random and players should have been awarded them on the basis of the TIME spent working the Town Invasion and NOT the highest damage done.

This way, players who spent, say, 2 hours working any and all types of spawn to clear up an invasion in a Town would get MORE drops as those who instead, come, kill a few targets fast because they do tons of damage and then leave thus having other players to take care of the chore of cleaning the spawn to have another Town start.

TIME spent working the spawn should be the key to reward players here, NOT damage done.

I only hope that the Developers will take this into account and, for whatever future game content they might be working on, will code in a way to have the TIME spent hitting and killing ANY TYPE of Event spawn from the weakest to the toughest will be the meter to award the drops and NOT the amount of damage done whether on a single target or multiple targets which is only a meter which advantages existing, advanced and wealthy Templates all scrolled up, with pets all scrolled up and with the best gear and artifacts that exist out there.

TIME spent working the spawn, regardless of the toughness of the creature should be what should matter most to get drops and this should be random, not per NPC type.

AT least, that is the way I see it.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Can I recommend that at the end of an invasion, taking a crafter round the town picking up all those dumped weapons? 22 weapons picked up with no fighting required. 19 relic fragments obtained. 
    I can't think of an easier way to re-build my fragments stock.
    Can I recommend that at the end of an invasion, taking a crafter round the town picking up all those dumped weapons? 22 weapons picked up with no fighting required. 19 relic fragments obtained. 
    I can't think of an easier way to re-build my fragments stock.
    Sure, that is a great idea to stock up some relics, my point though, was not in regards to the "current" invasion content but, rather, about "future" game content which will be added in Ultima Online where I hope that the mechanics regulating drops rules will be changed drastically to what they are now parting way from the concept of the "top damagers" and, instead, be awarded to those players who spend more TIME working up all of the spawn, from the weakest creatures to the toughest.

That is, to my opinion, TIME spent working the content should be that one awarded and NOT this top damagers thing which only prizes those players who quickly bite and then bail off leaving all of the trash spawn to be cleared by others.....
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    Theo said:

The weapons are generally trash. A few high mods but most dexers are samplers. We need whirlwind weapons and AI weapons with speed. The stuff these invasion mobs drop are trash. I don’t care what the mods are on some fans or a hammer pick - I just know I don’t want it.  High DI is cute but many Samps already maxed on di and actually value the whetstone to remove di in favor of other mods. (They need to drop a double axe or war axe or black staff or bokutos or the like). 

The spell books on one type of mob that can be wiped first is a terrible design. Outright bum rush for 2 minutes and then half the population leaves while people clean the rest for no rewards as the others log into other shards to do the same thing.  Books need to be available throughout and at the end. The final boss loot is plentiful and super crap. Less items. More value. It’s going to help me build another Imbuer with unravel mats. That’s it. 

It’s been 2 days and I’m super bored of it.  

By the way it’s like you didn’t even test it. Vesper spawn is all over including outside of town. 

Trinsic spawns in walls.  It’s a pain getting the boss to spawn. 

Before you just retread content maybe you could fix the issues we identified the first time. 

I'm not going to be so critical this time, as last time, because of the situation, and honestly, I'm just glad something is up. It's nice to have a chance to get the Books again. Bringing Tokuno back in the situation was nice also.

Last time, I was so disappointed I completely flipped, and pretty much quit due to this invasion.

But yes, all of your points are valid, and this is how it feels playing it.

I think for anything in the future, the playability, and the way players will play it, have to be considered. This is one event that completely got it wrong in so many high level places. But the concept was good.

Petra - I'm a big fan of your attitude and playstyle, I personally do collect gold, I do fully loot the final boss to get a ton of unravelling materials, and I do just play it, however I am going to note, if you are actually playing for the Books, this is a very frustrating experience for those players.

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited May 2020
    Mariah said:
    Please remember this is an unscheduled event. No changes can be made at this time.
    The NPCs drop the item that is appropriate to their skill. Fencers drop fencing weapons, archers, archer weapons etc.

Hi Mariah, I completely understand this, and am not going to criticize on this basis.

One fix, that would almost completely fix the Mage General and Captain issue, would be to not have them spawn right at the start to be nuked down in 2 minutes, then 3/4 of the players leave it down to a few to complete the Invasion for 1 1/2 hours, it would be to spread the spawn of the Mage Generals and Captains throughout the Invasion. That in itself, would fix pretty much everything - when the important spawn is generated.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Many don't know this but the invasions must occur on payday.  The generals have 7k gold on them. I go around looking for cloaks and grabbing gold. I have to make a trip to the bank a couple of times.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Off topic posts have been removed
  • MalokMalok Posts: 48
    Pawain said:
    Many don't know this but the invasions must occur on payday.  The generals have 7k gold on them. I go around looking for cloaks and grabbing gold. I have to make a trip to the bank a couple of times.
    On atlantic most guys dont even loot gold ..... lol 
  • I haven't seen a Mage General much less killed one. Kill some of the other dudes and took their cool armor.  Vendor dress up fodder LOL. 

Really sweet person gave me a book, which I think is pretty awesome thing to do. She was just handing out books to people that didn't have one.  If more people were that community minded UO would be AWESOME!  Unfortunately we have to contend with the Oh-my-God-I-have-to-horde-as-many-rare-event-drops-as-possible-so-I-can-sell-them-for-multi-platinums-on-Atlantic mentality.

As far as the RNG goes I have gotten ONE Crimmy and ONE Tangle drop. Sis on her tank Jirel get zip...She jokes there's code line that reads: IF name= "Jirel of Joiry" THEN return NO DROP!  LOLZ    IMHO - the rare drop are on timers rather than RNG.  That's my two cents from my I.T. background.  

Don't go growing an ulcer over it, just go have fun.