Best Imbuing Calculator Out There?

I want to get back into crafting with my crafter. I remember using an excel spreadsheet back in the day made by some dude that started with a "Z"...(Like Zoloft's or something). I know knuckleheads has a calculator too but I've never used it. What is the "go-to" tool people are using knowadays?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited May 2020
    Knuckleheads FTW!!!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ThaleusThaleus Posts: 15
    Pawain said:
    Knuckleheads FTW!!!
    Thank you for the lightning fast response. I'll have to start learning how to use that
  • Knuckleheads is great, much better that they revamped the custom aspect on items, I still use my own because I have a few gripes but its a great tool.

I'll upload my Crafty McCraft face spreadsheet to Google sometime and post it these forums, might clear up a lot for some people on whats possible and how to do it... I'm big on procrastinating.
    Knuckleheads is great, much better that they revamped the custom aspect on items, I still use my own because I have a few gripes but its a great tool.

I'll upload my Crafty McCraft face spreadsheet to Google sometime and post it these forums, might clear up a lot for some people on whats possible and how to do it... I'm big on procrastinating.
    Do it!!! I loved more tools!
    I found a copy of that other excel based tool I used in the past. I seem to remember it was pretty good but it has not been updated. This was created by Zolaf from Catskills so I want to make sure I give him credit. I'll share it here, let me know if this is still a good tool: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V5e1_aMyOvOMoAD_9_HBtkX9FlxEZZAZN8vYeocz7rk/edit#gid=2029742299
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    You can find a link to Knuckleheads on the fansites page listed under community in the header bar above.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,904
    Knuckleheads is great, much better that they revamped the custom aspect on items, I still use my own because I have a few gripes but its a great tool.

That would be a great help for Learners crafters !!

Do you by any chance have it comprehensive of the Artifacts existing so that one can also Design a suit mixing up Artifacts and Imbued pieces ?

And does it also factor in, by any chance, enhancing and reforging possibilities ?

Thank you SO much @WornOutYourTool !!
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    @Popps A lot of artifacts are randomly generated.  Yes, there are a number of documented ones, both found as loot and crafted.  But the large majority of them just happen to have more than 5 properties and/or have values higher than can be imbued.  Still, I agree it would be a good idea to have a list somewhere of the documented artifacts.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    edited May 2020
    @Mariah Yeah, that sure looks like them.   :*
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Thaleus said:
    I want to get back into crafting with my crafter. I remember using an excel spreadsheet back in the day made by some dude that started with a "Z"...(Like Zoloft's or something). I know knuckleheads has a calculator too but I've never used it. What is the "go-to" tool people are using knowadays?
    Zolaf is a girl. And her spreadsheet works just fine.
  • MalokMalok Posts: 48
    Is the soul forge you can craft as good as the queens one? Is it worth it to use the queens soul forge? 
    the crafted soulforge is convenient in your house, but the one it Ter Mur city gives a bonus, and if you have the loyalty points to use it, the queen's soulforge gives a bigger bonus. https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/imbuing/

Mariah said:
    the crafted soulforge is convenient in your house, but the one it Ter Mur city gives a bonus, and if you have the loyalty points to use it, the queen's soulforge gives a bigger bonus. https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/imbuing/

Thanks ... is there any difference between using say a regular ruby versus a fire ruby? I read a fire ruby is high intensity, just not sure how that plays into imbuing ? 
    edited May 2020
    Fire ruby is one of the large special gems, originally from mining,but more sources have been added since, they are used in various crafted minor and major artifacts and some imbuing properties. They are not interchangeable with regular rubies.

Mariah said:

What does the bonus do? Is it success chance related or a slightly better statistical imbue?
    success chance. If you scroll down the page in that link I posted you will find a table giving an example.
  • ZolafZolaf Posts: 2
    Sliss said:
    Thaleus said:
    Zolaf is a girl. And her spreadsheet works just fine.
    Thanks Sliss!  I finally got around to registering on here.  I have provided a long-needed update for my calculator.  Please see the following link: https://community.stratics.com/threads/zolafs-imbuing-calculator.387943/