vendor search completely broken

2»

Comments

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Yep, from all reports lasted 4 days and back to same ole same ole.  I'll leave the pompoms on the shelf...gotta do better than that to win a treat
  • usernameusername Posts: 690
    so, vendor search still broken will this ever get fixed??
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    Did you know that, "Your search criteria is too vague. Please refine your search criteria and try again"?

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    edited May 2020
    username said:
    Did you know that, "Your search criteria is too vague. Please refine your search criteria and try again"?
    What shard are you conducting your search on? What was your search criteria?  How often are you submitting searches?
    edited May 2020
    Kyronix said:
    username said:
    What shard are you conducting your search on? What was your search criteria?  How often are you submitting searches?
    Atlantic
    Any keyword input will cause this. Today I was looking for auction safes, the veteran reward, so I searched: auction veteran. However, it will break with any search term so specifics seem irrelevant. It was the first search of the day. This happened/is happening right now as I am making this posting.

Please, for the love of everything that is Ultima Online, fix this feature Kyronix, you're our only hope apparently. It has been broken since publish 106 on August 14 2019. 

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    If the search takes to long you will get the same message.
    Still a fking joke still broken. What is wrong with you @Mesanna ;

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    I had a couple of months off from the game. I re-subbed today and cannot believe this is still broken.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    @DJAD - What shard are you conducting your search on? What was your search criteria?  How often are you submitting searches?

Please provide this information so I can forward it to engineering to investigate, thanks!
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    It was down on ATL this morning but it's back up again now
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

edited July 2020
    Kyronix said:
    @ DJAD - What shard are you conducting your search on? What was your search criteria?  How often are you submitting searches?

Please provide this information so I can forward it to engineering to investigate, thanks!
    Thanks for the reply @Kyronix.

Shard: Atlantic

Client: Default EC or Default CC

How often are you submitting searches? It doesn't seem to matter if its the first thing I search for upon logging into the game, or if I search every 5 minutes or 30 minutes it always gives the "too vague". These search terms used to work fine all the time as I used to search pretty much daily for clean legendary items as that is what I like to collect in game.

If I sometimes remove "not cursed" it might display results but its quite rare. That is even more strange because that would be making the search more vague rather than less vague  :D

EC results:

CC results:

This was reported back in December 2019 - LINK

The screenshot that was in my post on that thread is the same as the one I have posted above.
    edited August 2020
    I hate to say I told you so...

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• MiskMisk Posts: 61Dev
    We believe that this is a messaging issue related to vendor search timing out.

The message is inaccurately indicating that the criteria is "too vague" instead of indicating that the search has reached it's time limit (~60 seconds).

I have submitted a problem report into the system to provide more accurate messaging based on the actual search results.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    LOL Thats what I said months ago.  The searches are timing out but there is no takes too long msg.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Misk said:

The message is inaccurately indicating that the criteria is "too vague" instead of indicating that the search has reached it's time limit (~60 seconds).

I have submitted a problem report into the system to provide more accurate messaging based on the actual search results.
    Does this mean that the search terms I posted won't work at all and it will just display "timed out" rather than it working??
    This discovery may help:
    when you get the too vague message, this only appears when you search for "item name"
    if you just choose things from the menu, the search still works.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    What do I click on the menu for power scrolls?  And all the other items that do not have a clicky.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited August 2020
    Misk said:

So it will still be broken just with the correct error message?  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

username said:
    So it will still be broken just with the correct error message? 
    Glad i'm not the only one who read it like this. It must be a joke right?
  • any update lol yea right who am i kidding over 1 year of this happy birthday to vs being broken

• I have retired my account due to the Vendor Search not functioning.  I didn't play a lot, but everytime i try to find something, its to vague.  I refuse to pay for something that is broken.  I find the VS to be a critical game component, and the game is worthless to me without it.
    @MackRowe
    what shard are you playing on and what are you searching for? Vendor search has been working without fail for at least 90% of my searches on Atlantic for the past few days.

• Atlantic.  I was searching for Blacksmith and Tailoring power scrolls. 
    My searches included the following:
    Legendary Scroll Tailor
    Legend Scroll Tailoring
    Legend Scroll Black
    Scroll of Blacksmith
    Scroll of Tailor
    Alacrity (trying to find anything at this point)

I logged out and back in a dozen times.  I tried reaching out to a GM, who just simply would not communicate and deleted my help request while sending a generic email response that they know of the issue but are unable to provide any information or timeline to it being fixed. 

So that was it for me.  I canceled my sub and turned everything over to guildmates.  Done contributing my money to poor service.

edited September 2020
    Atlantic allows for only one space in the item name search:
    (this is obviousely not your error) hope this helps, please let me know if you have trouble finding any other items.

• I tried searching for things with no spaces.  "Alacrity" returned the same response.

I requested help from a GM and the poor communication and lack of assistance has solidified my frustration with this into quitting.

I appreciate your attempt to help.
    edited September 2020
    try selecting more filters like on the image i posted, what alacrity specifically are you looking for?

• Player work arounds is not fixing. Maybe, just maybe...FIX IT?!? Usually its pretty much broke on Atlantic unless you get up at 4AM est. It is now broken it seems on other shards as well. It has been a ongoing issue for to long.
    edited September 2020
    Just re-subbed this week and this is STILL broken? I posted my details as @Kyronix requested above (LINK). What is going on?? @Misk