Account Question - HELP!

Sorry, I looked and can find no logical place to ask this so we are going with General.  I decided to get back into UO after 20 years.  I created a new EA account, went to account management, created a trial account and then subscribed.  Works great.

Now I finally remembered my user name and password to an old account and can log in via the client.  The problem is that account does not have access to bank, I cannot add money to transfer shards, cannot own a house, etc...  How do I tie this client account to a mythic/ea account so that I can get a subscription?

The only option I see is create trial account.  I emailed support and all they did was reply with a link to their help section of the website as if I didn't spend hours on this already today.  

I have to believe it is simple and I am over thinking it.  Anyone?

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    I think you have to link it 

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Aye, link the account to the new master EA account you created... then subscribe it.
  • Guys he's asking HOW to link it to his EA account.  I know AtlanticRealtor had a awesome step by step guide for this.  
  • SytySyty Posts: 12
    edited May 2020
    I've discovered that there is an EA account for it.  It is tied to an email account that no longer exists.  I cannot create a new one with my login name and the login name needs to match in order to link it.  So I need UO to change my username or EA to get me access to the linked account.  Neither of them are helpful.  Ugghh

Of course I am still confused.  If i try and login with that username to EA it says wrong password.  I reset and it sends an email that I cannot get.  If I log into another EA account I have and go to link account, I choose that account and it says it is an invalid account. 
  • Hmm Email Mesanna@broadsword.com.  She's our producer and she can do things like this.   This going to tricky, she'll be the ONLY one that can do it.   Be ready she's going ask for a lot of information from you to verify ownership.  Please don't be offended, it just that she has to be careful. 
  • TheoTheo Posts: 169
    You aren't alone.  It is by far the WORST account management system of all time.  You have a Mythic Account. An Ea Account.  A UO account and three different log ins to do different things at different levels.   Its absolutely insane.  Just trying to figgure out where to change a password or your billing info is at least 2 diff log ins.   I wish you luck. 

Its easier to buy a car than to log in and spend money with EA.  Or Mythic. Or Broadsword. Or whoever runs this game. 
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    You need AR's help....    He does know the system inside out.  
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Theo said:
    You aren't alone.  It is by far the WORST account management system of all time.  You have a Mythic Account. An Ea Account.  A UO account and three different log ins to do different things at different levels.   Its absolutely insane.  Just trying to figgure out where to change a password or your billing info is at least 2 diff log ins.   I wish you luck. 

Its easier to buy a car than to log in and spend money with EA.  Or Mythic. Or Broadsword. Or whoever runs this game. 
    This.  Spot on.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    There are a number of relevant guides linked from this page:

Mariah said:
    There are a number of relevant guides linked from this page:

These links are what support emails me.  They are useless for me.  I don't want to sound like a jerk and I'll take any and all suggestions, but the problem is I cannot log into EA.  Those links are all about what to do after you log into EA.

I created a new EA account so that I can log in, but then the only option is to start a free trial or link. If i click on link account and put in the account I want it says it doesn't exist.  I can log into the client so it in fact exists.  If I try to recreate the EA account with that account 'that doesn't exist', it says I cannot because it already exists.  If I try to login to that EA account it says password expired, reset and sends an email to some address I had 20 years ago and doesn't even tell me which one that might be.

Most email accounts are gone and in the 90's we all used our ISP emails (i.e. name@ATT.NET) which is certainly gone.   

Hmm Email Mesanna@ broadsword.com.  She's our producer and she can do things like this.   This going to tricky, she'll be the ONLY one that can do it.   Be ready she's going ask for a lot of information from you to verify ownership.  Please don't be offended, it just that she has to be careful. 
    Done.  thanks for the lead.

FYI...  Since I quit playing 20 years ago I've done a lot with my career and I am not above bribes.  I also have multiple children.  They are off to college/military, but she can have her pick of them if she can get me my account back ;)

You need AR's help....    He does know the system inside out.  
    Don't know who this is.  Tap AR on the shoulder to this thread would be greatly appreciated.  
    I'M IN!!!!!!  Unfortunately cannot tell you how.  I emailed everyone under the sun.  Today when I logged into my new EA account there was an option to link my syty account.  Rather than asking me the name of my account I want to link it just had an option to link that account.  This is what I was requesting so I can only assume one of my emails reached someone.  
  • AR = Atlantic Realtor.   He's is the master at helping people navigate the Account (mis)Managment System.  I'm going to look for those guides he made, and the youtube video.
  • AtlanticRealtorAtlanticRealtor Posts: 142
    edited May 2020
    Thank You everybody that contacted me, I will do my best!!

PM ME or ICQ me 647752375 or add me to Discord  AR#0313   and we will go over step by step!
    It is Sad but True, but you need to have Legendary Skills and Level III Primer to Understand their Acc Mgmt System!
    Contact me and I will help you step by step!!

• WELCOME BACK! YAY!!!

• Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    My Friend AR is here and your in good hands  :)
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    you're ...post count +1 :P
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.