How Do I Make A Character Name With 29 letters?

Seen some people running around Luna with 29 letters in there name how do I do this? Max EC and CC allow me to make is 16
This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• KronalKronal Posts: 84
    Just a guess... rename tokens?
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Pictures might help
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Please give an example.  Without further information I can only guess you are seeing characters that have transfered and have their shard added to their name. If you saw my character on test center she would show as "Mariah Dewynd of Origin"  Is this the kind of thing you are seeing?
  • GandalfGandalf Posts: 115
    years ago I made a character, and at the creation, it was renamed in a lot of character 0 which exceeded the limited number. sounds like a bug
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    edited May 2020
    Mariah said:
    Please give an example.  Without further information I can only guess you are seeing characters that have transfered and have their shard added to their name. If you saw my character on test center she would show as "Mariah Dewynd of Origin"  Is this the kind of thing you are seeing?
    No, it was not a title/reward/skill thing. It was their actual name. It was not a pet/animal, changeling, or anything else. It was a player character with a chosen name that was 29 letters long, somehow. Please, this isn't a discussion on my credibility; it did happen and exists. Rather, it's a discussion on how it's attainable, and if not legitimately attainable, and now whether it's an actionable offense by a GM.

Although I don't remember the exact name, it was along the lines of: 'LOL You Are So Bad At PVP Dude'. Again, none are titles/rewards/skill thing and was purposely chosen words. In some very rare occurrences there are EM reward names from years past but this isn't one of them. I'm guessing some corrupt GM friend or some hack/cheat/exploit gifted them their name since it doesn't seem to be a legitimate name.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    username said:
    Mariah said:
    No, it was not a title/reward/skill thing. It was their actual name. It was not a pet/animal, changeling, or anything else. It was a player character with a chosen name that was 29 letters long, somehow. Please, this isn't a discussion on my credibility; it did happen and exists. Rather, it's a discussion on how it's attainable, and if not legitimately attainable, and now whether it's an actionable offense by a GM.

Although I don't remember the exact name, it was along the lines of: 'LOL You Are So Bad At PVP Dude'. Again, none are titles/rewards/skill thing and was purposely chosen words. In some very rare occurrences there are EM reward names from years past but this isn't one of them. I'm guessing some corrupt GM friend or some hack/cheat/exploit gifted them their name since it doesn't seem to be a legitimate name.
    Looks like nobody else has seen a long name.  Not a credibility issue.  We just want to see it for ourselves.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    People are trying to figure out what it might be and if what you are saying id ion fact it sounds like a bug or exploit and those may not be discussed.  Maybe this thread need to be locked for that reason.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    People are trying to figure out what it might be and if what you are saying id ion fact it sounds like a bug or exploit and those may not be discussed.  Maybe this thread need to be locked for that reason.

I think I agree.
    @username, if you see this character again please use the ingame help to alert a GM so that he may look into it.