Ancient SOS issue

So I finally found a good way to get MIBs, yay! Buuuut (of course) now I seem to have some horrible luck in getting Ancient SOS's. I've opened around 150 - 180 mibs (lost track) and got 4 ancient sos's; mind you I didn't open them all at once...will that make a difference in the 1 in 15 chance? Or perhaps luck or something else plays into getting one upon opening?

Any tips, please. :p

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    I’ve got 3 in 20 and then none in 40 it seems to be 1 in 20 to 25 for me 
    Also I just did 80 ancient sos didn’t get any strong box I used to get those and I’ve been doing plain sos about 450 last 2 weeks and still no strong box. But I did get a yellow pokadot bikini 
  • TchallaTchalla Posts: 24
    I would love to know the good way of getting MiBs.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Just a note the wife did get a strong box a day or two ago
  • ActionEllyActionElly Posts: 156
    Hmm, well even if it is 1 in 25 I should still have more than 4. @Tchalla I got tips from Petry_Fyde a few months back this post https://forum.uo.com/discussion/5295/mibs#latest

I will say that I only get them from Krakens, and I like using nets and such for better chances at getting them.

Does luck help when tossing nets or fishing for mibs 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210

RNG

• Hmm, well even if it is 1 in 25 I should still have more than 4. @ Tchalla I got tips from Petry_Fyde a few months back this post https://forum.uo.com/discussion/5295/mibs#latest

I will say that I only get them from Krakens, and I like using nets and such for better chances at getting them.

It's a 4% chance of getting an ancient SoS as stated here so your rate of getting them may be a little low, but it's not far off, that's the RnG factor.

In terms of opening them in batches, there is no hard and fast evidence to prove this, it's just plain ol RnG.  I personally gather about 100 mibs, usually takes me around a week on and off then I pop them all at once, I average 4-10 ancients which is about right throwing in the RnG factor.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    That 4% is not out of 100, 1000 or 10000.  It is a 4% chance every time you open 1 MIB.  Every body knows how reliable the RNG is.  I have done 100s of MIBs without one and then do 10 MIBs and get 4 of them, go figure.
  • KronalKronal Posts: 84
    I get a mib ~1 in 5 salvage hooks thrown.  I can toss 10 hooks at a time and clear the spawn all in under a minute or so.  Also have retrieved two golden fishing poles.

It's a 4% chance of getting an ancient SoS as stated here so your rate of getting them may be a little low, but it's not far off, that's the RnG factor.

In terms of opening them in batches, there is no hard and fast evidence to prove this, it's just plain ol RnG.  I personally gather about 100 mibs, usually takes me around a week on and off then I pop them all at once, I average 4-10 ancients which is about right throwing in the RnG factor.
    Thank you, that definitely puts it in better perspective.

@Lord_Frodo makes more sense knowing it's a chance on 1 MIB, thanks.