Considering the Legendary items that drop now, shouldn't ML Craftables be "beefed up" ?

I am referring to all those Craftables which Mondain's Legacy introduced....

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/artifact-collections/artifacts-craftable-major/
https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/artifact-collections/artifacts-craftable-minor/

Considering the Legendary etc. Artifacts that now drop, and that Mondain's Legacy dates back to 2009, perhaps, "just" perhaps it might be time, some 11 Years later, that these Craftables are revamped so as to also bring some love to crafting which has been quite made obsolete by what has been dropping since a few Years now ?

Comments

• RockRock Posts: 567
    edited April 2020
    Most of the minor craftable "artifacts" are easily made via imbuing using common ingredients.  I won't ever bother crafting those.  Why use rare ingredients to craft something I can achieve better results for via imbuing and common ingredients?  As far as I'm concerned most of those could disappear from the gumps completely and would not be missed.  The major artifacts seem to still be useful though, although I would not oppose upgrades.  Not everything needs to be, nor should be, "legendary", though.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    Some of them are useful in specific settings. For example on Siege where templates can be tight, an elven carpenter can achieve the music requirement for crafting instruments by wearing song woven mantle, a pair of +15 jewels and holding the singing axe.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,937
    edited April 2020
    Mariah said:
    Some of them are useful in specific settings. For example on Siege where templates can be tight, an elven carpenter can achieve the music requirement for crafting instruments by wearing song woven mantle, a pair of +15 jewels and holding the singing axe.
    Too limited and specific cases to justify the existance of a whole lot of Mondain's Legacy Craftable Minor and Major Artifacts as @Rock pointed out....

Furthermore, just recently the Heartwood Recipes were added to Treasure Hunting Chests but what for, if I may ask, considering how these Craftables have utterly been made obsolete by what drops now ?

As I said in the Original Post for this Thread, perhaps, "just" perhaps some 11 Years after Mondain's Legacy was released, all of these Craftables should be "beefed up" and be brought up to par with what currently drops ?

To me, it makes no sense to leave them as they are considering their current uselessness.... worse, if their Heartwood Recipes were added to Treasure Hunting Chests thus basically only taking the room of better items that could instead spawn in Treasure Hunting Chests in place of these now useless Recipes....

Either take these Mondain's Legacy Craftable Artifacts (and their Recipes) out of the game, althougether, OR, which I would prefer to bring some much needed love to crafting, "beef up" and bring these Mondain's Legacy Craftable Artifacts, Minors and Majors, up to par with the Legendary etc. Artifacts which currently drop....

@Bleak , @Kyronix , is this something we can hope to see?

Thanks !
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    Spell Woven Britches are nice for an Elf mage.  I built my mages around those or the kelp legs.

I think there is a ring that some use.  Otherwise, not many of those items are used.

We also need a large buff on Suits that you get pieces of.  Takes forever to find all the pieces and they do nothing useful.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.