Target Cannot Be Seen

I've been having trouble with casting RC's the last few months.  I cast, target the ground where I want it to be, and instead of an RC I get "Target Cannot Be Seen" message.  This happens mostly in the woods, but there are several other places. 

I have a little luck casting the RC at the base of a tree, but even that isn't consistent.  Is there a trick to finding the right spot to cast or to cast consistently?

Comments

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Do you have foliage off? I find this helps for visibility but is deceptive in the sense that you think areas are clear for a target location but they are actually still blocked by foliage which you just can’t see (annoying for sure). 

Use the circle of transparency to give you more visibility too if you aren’t. 

Basically, I find the trick to summoning creatures in dense forests is to target the area right by your feet. And yeah you can get lucky sometimes near the base of a tree as well. 
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 78
    No, foliage is on, default setting.  I'll try targeting my own feet, thanks.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    This has been happening the last few months since Krampus. I actually reported it then as you just couldn't get a RC down anywhere in some woods.  Same for casting EV's.  This also happens a hell of a lot in the shrine battle areas, and tmaps just can't put down a summons. 

And it is NEW, been playing and casting for over 17yrs, nothing has changed in the way I play or cast, something has changed with the targeting on the ground.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    I agree totally, something has happened recently, it was always a bit tricky to cast an RC in Trinsic area and also in Trammel/Fel areas but now it's nigh onto impossible.  Something happened! Please, if you're reading this devs, please look at this and see if you can't find what happened recently that caused this change.
    I agree, it's relatively new, I've done t-maps for years and it's only been the last few months I've had this problem.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    @Bleak ;

Did you all do something with this? I've been running t-maps in the jungle and forest environments over the past couple days and am no longer having this "target cannot be seen" issue (EC). I don't mean that it's back to the way it was from 5 or 6 years ago, where casting was always kind of hinky, I mean the issue isn't there anymore. I can freaking cast EV's on the top of jungle trees and they actually appear on the ground directly where I'm casting.

Maybe I'm jinxing myself and this will be back tomorrow, but I've probably cast 200 or so EV's now without a single targeting issue.

If you all didn't do anything, than I want to freeze my computer system in a stasis bubble, before something updates and "fixes". If this was a purposeful fix, nice!  
    -Arroth
    I was in Fel this week and still had the targeting issue.  One location was even weirder - when I finally *did* manage to get a good target, the summons appeared 8 tiles to the south from where I casted.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited May 2020
    Well, if they didn't do anything on purpose, something got fixed. I've been casting EV's all morning and have only had "target cannot be seen" once, when I accidently clicked on the trunk of a tree.

The summon appearing south of where you cast happens to me when casting on the branches of a jungle tree.

My system will probably update in the next day or so, then it'll all be back to where it was...
    -Arroth