Classic Client: Unable to Connect Issue

I'm unable to connect using the Classic Client but I can when using the Enhanced Client. I also have a second account, I'm able to use the Classic Client and Enhanced Client with that account without any issues. I'm curious if anyone else has ever had this issue or would have some ideas to figure out why I can't use the Classic Client on one of my accounts. All feedback is welcome and appreciated. If more information is required just let me know and I will do my best to supply it.

Comments

• Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    I can log in on the classic client no problem. 

Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Open and close the CC a couple of times.  Then try to log in 2nd account.

If doesn't work, click the full file check.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Check to make sure there isn't an extra space after the account name. I've hit the space bar a few times without realizing and it caused problems for me.
  • Pawain said:
    Open and close the CC a couple of times.  Then try to log in 2nd account.

If doesn't work, click the full file check.
    Gave it a shot tried opening and closing the client a few times then attempted to log-in. Still didn't work, unfortunately, the other account still works fine, however.

I also tried doing the full file check and still couldn't log-in with the one account, other account works fine still.

Thank you for the suggestions though.
  • Marge said:
    Check to make sure there isn't an extra space after the account name. I've hit the space bar a few times without realizing and it caused problems for me.
    I also checked this as well, I wish it would have just been an extra space. It seems like there must be something different between what I'm doing on the classic client with this account versus what I'm doing on the enhanced client but I'm just unsure.

Thank you for the suggestion though.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    There has to be something different between the Account Name or Password or Both that you are using between the CC and EC for the account that can not log into CC.  Turn off any and all other programs and input all required information by hand.  You have proven that the CC works fine with another account and that your first account is valid because you can log in with the EC so either you are inputting the info wrong or something other than the CC is corrupting the log-in info.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    sounds like file corruption... i would delete the entire folder for that account (Documents>>EA Games>>Ultima Online Legacy>>User Data>>[account name]). of course, you have to rebuild your screen display, macros for all characters on that account on each shard, etc.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    edited April 2020
    I am not sure it is a corrupt when he doesn't even get past a log-in screen.  That info is not kept on your computer.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    ahh... that *would* be server-side issue
    email mesanna@broadsword.com 
  • ObscuredCrowObscuredCrow Posts: 4
    edited April 2020
    Kirthag said:
    sounds like file corruption... i would delete the entire folder for that account (Documents>>EA Games>>Ultima Online Legacy>>User Data>>[account name]). of course, you have to rebuild your screen display, macros for all characters on that account on each shard, etc.
    Unfortunately, this wasn't the fix I gave it a try however just to make sure.

Thank you for your suggestion!

There has to be something different between the Account Name or Password or Both that you are using between the CC and EC for the account that can not log into CC.  Turn off any and all other programs and input all required information by hand.  You have proven that the CC works fine with another account and that your first account is valid because you can log in with the EC so either you are inputting the info wrong or something other than the CC is corrupting the log-in info.
    So this made me think a bit about the differences between my other accounts password and the one I was trying to log in with. So after digging for a bit, I found the issue, which probably should be noted somewhere on the account password creation or change area. So it turns out it was because I had a 24 character password set to log-in for that account, which is accepted by the enhanced client, website, and forums. However, the classic client is only able to authenticate a password with a max length of 16 characters, guessing something to do with its encryption process for sending information to the server to obtain verification. So I changed my password down to a 16 character and it worked the first try.

Hopefully, this helps anyone that has login issues in the future on the classic client. As I didn't see any notes of this in the new account password creation area or the change password area. I will send a note of this over to the email to mesanna@broadsword.com so hopefully, they can get notes added on the website.

Thank you as well for your suggestion as it got me to the solution!