What is inappropriate about "Vesper Bardic Guild"?

My new tamer is out & about marking runes.  I like the runes to say where in a city they go to.  In Vesper there is a Bardic Guildmaster within the building called "Musician's Hall".  Since I tend not to remember building/shop names, I named the rune "Vesper Bardic Guild".  For some reason that name was rejected as "inappropriate".  What on earth makes it inappropriate?  My mind is apparently insufficiently twisted to comprehend.

Thus I ended up labeling the rune "Vesper Musician's Hall" after all.

Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)

Comments

• DryzzidDryzzid Posts: 80
    Some skill titles will not work as a guild title. "Carpenter" "Smith" "Tailor" "Bard". It's been that as long as I can remember.
    Mayor of North Harbor Township, Atlantic Shard
    74503058 | Dryzzid#5091
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited April 2020
    Odd,  You cant have Bardic in the name with a space and another letter.

You can write Vesper Guild Bardic  But not the order you want.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    This is not an important issue, I just found it puzzling.  Perhaps "bardic" is a bad word in some non-English language.  But if so, why was the guy a "Bardic Guildmaster"?
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Bare hotdog
    Bar   dic
    edited April 2020
    You can write Bardic just fine  you just can not put a space and any letter after Bardic.

I do not know why.

You could name it like I said above:
    Vesper Guild Bardic
    Guild Vesper Bardic
    You can name the rune Bardic

Bardic has to be the last word...

@Lord_Frodo if that's it, it's pretty sophomoric.   ;)   Even actual sophomores would role their eyes. At a guess, EA supplies a problematic word filter to all its subsidiaries, and they are just expected to use it no matter how ludicrous some of its forbidden words may be.
    Pawain said:
    You can write Bardic just fine  you just can not put a space and any letter after Bardic.

I do not know why.
    Bardic has to be the last word...

Maybe whoever wrote this filter is afraid someone will start a word beginning with k after bardic,  or some other suggestive word that might follow it.  The thing is, no matter how many cases you try to anticipate, someone will find a way to be suggestive anyway.
    edited April 2020
    Actually you can name a Rune, Dick Tracy.  Or substitute almost any work for Tracy. (all the ones I tried worked and I can not write them here.)

You can not name a Rune Dic k Tracy.   I do not know why.

Dic can not be followed with a space and a letter.  That is the part of Bardic that is causing the inappropriate snag.

If you must use your format you can name the Rune. Vesper Bardick Guild.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    So you're saying whoever created the filter didnt know how to spell dick?   :D

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    LMAO  TYVM
    So you're saying whoever created the filter didnt know how to spell dick?   :D

Well they do on pets.  You can not name a pet Dick Tracy. So the filters are not the same for everything.
  • NikardNikard Posts: 164
    I was once able to page a gm and ask him to correct the guild name, he was happy to change it [so long as it wasnt actually inappropriate]