Mystic TH - What Equipment Should I be looking for

Hello,
Returning after many moons, and based on my normal play style and other recommendations of builds I've read; I kind of revamped my old TH character to the following.

Mystic (Will be 120)
Focus (Will be 100)
Cartography (100)
Lock Pick (100)
Remove Trap (94)
Meditation (60)
Magery (100)

Some room to play in those skills but.  Not sure if I want Med or EI for this character yet.

Goal of this character is to handle Cache and Level 4 (hoard?) TH maps solo.  

Gear, I have LRC and 70 Resists.  Some MR.  What should I be looking for in better gear or filler slots?
I seem to have tiny trouble with Supply Map just using RC alone.  Maybe I'm just doing it wrong?  Initial spawn is my only real issue.  Cache the mobs hit me before I can run out of way.  (Human no mount as using the RC.)  

When I say trouble, I haven't died.  Just had a longer then expected run from spawn , finally get RC cast to kill mobs experience.  Worried Cache will kill me before I get away.
Thanks for any advise in Gear or Tactics.

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    edited April 2020
     I run a mystic weaver treasure hunter with pretty good success. 
    Spellweaving, with a vol 3 mastery, gives you the option to cast a summoned reaper, difference between that and RC is, the reaper will distract the entire initial spawn where RC will only engage one. You can see the char in action on my youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT3LXfYHVqI
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    @Petra_Fyde Thank you for the very informative and interesting video.  You make a great case for Spellweaving as part of a T-Hunter's arsenal.  In your build, why bother with 100 magery?  60 would let you recall pretty reliably, allowing 40 points for other stuff (10 more Focus and 30 Med, for example).
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
    100 magery for invis, precast while digging and dropped on when the chest appears.
    I seldom run out of mana, except then a trove map throws multiple greater dragons and frost dragons at me in the initial spawn. For those occasions I have a mana surge shield and urali trance tonic. 
  • FamdariFamdari Posts: 5
    Thank You very much for the video!  That was cool.  I'm not sure on SW though, as I thought you need multiple people for that to work properly?  I don't know much about it, just incidental info while researching some things to get back.

As for my Magery being 100, that's what it was before and it seemed like a good idea for the invis and greater cures / heals; but if those points are better elsewhere I'm game.  If I did take up SW which of my skills should I drop?

Thank you again!

Fam
    edited April 2020
    Forgot to mention; but since there have been no armor/item recommendations it sounds like I have what I need?  Or is there some skill/other factor I should be looking to add via gap pieces?

aim for lmc and mr on armor, that way you don't need so much medi and focus, and if you can add some luck that's good too. My luck comes from sandals (I'd like minax but I've got soles of providence), Lucky Charm talisman, Bleue jewellery set and Blackthorn dress, also the 10th sculpture when I remember to touch it.
    Your problem with the initial spawn may be more a question of tactics than ability. As soon as you start digging, cast your summons, be it RC, reaper or just earth eles, then pre-cast invis and hold it over your life bar. Drop it on as the chest becomes fully visible. This will give you time to run away while the mobs attack your summons.
    Thanks for the additional Tips.  I'll try having the RC up during the dig, and then have invis. as the ready spell.  :)