Runic Atlas (moving runes)

DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
edited April 2020 in General Discussions
In the UO Newsletter #26 (May 2018) it said:

1.   Would it be possible to drop a full Runebook into a Runic Atlas to transfer the runes at once?
Yes it is possible to drop a full Runebook onto an empty Runic Atlas without any issues, we will add this task to our list.  We will also include a way to reorder runes to make runebook management easier.
SOURCE

I've not tried the dropping a runebook onto the Atlas so I can't comment on this. Any update to the reordering of runes though?

Comments

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    I'm thinking this is in line to be the next thing done, after the accct management updates.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    It is not currently possible to transfer runes between books in this way.
  • fonsvitaefonsvitae Posts: 51
    The changing of order of runes in runebooks could be modeled on how one can currently change the order of music gears on Dawn's Music Box (a right click functionality allows for this).

• RockRock Posts: 567
    Another implementation in addition to what @fonsvitae suggested would be to allow a rune to be re-marked within its place in the book.  This would often alleviate the need to change rune order.
    1. cast Mark, and target the blue dot of the selected rune slot
    2. (rune has been re-written)
    3. double-click text next to the dot to open the line-editing gump
    4. type in new name and hit return
    Actually moving runes around would still be convenient, though.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    Is there any way to copy / duplicate a rune book 

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Yes, pen of wisdom from the ultima store, 600 sovereigns.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    pen of wisdom has 100 charges and to use you need 1 mark scroll and 1 rune per location so a normal rune book is 16 locations so you would need 16 mark 16 runes and an empty rune book.  Now my question is this does the pen use 1 charge per book or 1 charge per location? 
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Per book
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    So can I put unmarked runes in a four books have 64 mark scrolls and just use pen on each book 
    thank you all 
    Tim said:
    Per book
    so that means I can copy 100 books, nice
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    edited July 2022
    Well its been over 4 years. Is this coming soon?
    DJAd said:
    Well its been over 4 years. Is this coming soon?
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    The old rune book is better in that you can click the words. The new runic atlas can only accept if you click on that tiny blue gem. This is horrible UI for senior players. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Seth said:
    The old rune book is better in that you can click the words. The new runic atlas can only accept if you click on that tiny blue gem. This is horrible UI for senior players. 
    Yeah would be nice if you could click the word as well as the blue gem.