Solution that will help EA/Broadsword and appease the players in regards to vet rewards

2»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited April 2020
    Pawain said:
    ZLord_Frodo said:
    @ Fortis power scrolls have doubled because of pet training and as soon as we get all our pets scrolled out then the demand will go down and so will the price.
    The taming revamp has been out for 3 years . There's a ton of returning players on Atlantic . Pet scroll prices will never drop. There are lots of pets to be tamed and trained.
    Did you not see the part once we get all out pet scrolled then prices will drop.
    You did not read where I said there are lots of pets to be tamed and scrolled. Theres untamed Cus and Hiryus all over the place.
    You clearly are not a tamer. We will never finish making new pets. Post above this describes it.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:
    ZLord_Frodo said:
    @ Fortis power scrolls have doubled because of pet training and as soon as we get all our pets scrolled out then the demand will go down and so will the price.
    The taming revamp has been out for 3 years . There's a ton of returning players on Atlantic . Pet scroll prices will never drop. There are lots of pets to be tamed and trained.
    Did you not see the part once we get all out pet scrolled then prices will drop.
    You did not read where I said there are lots of pets to be tamed and scrolled. Theres untamed Cus and Hiryus all over the place.
    You clearly are not a tamer. We will never finish making new pets. Post above this describes it.
      I think he's talking about that time in the very end, when he's the only one still playing.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Just like everybody said that there will be an unending requirement for power scrolls when they came out but eventually everybody got all their chars scrolled and the market slowed, it will never dry up but at some point even the demand for pets will slow even those of us with 21 pets in our stables.  I still have pets needing scrolls but when those get done I am going to require less scrolls because to replace an already scrolled pet I will need to get one of those one of a kind pet to replace a pet I already have.  I will need scrolls for that pet but I will never need another 16 pets worth.
    21 pppft I have 3 tamers with 40 pets each.  3 years and I am still making pets.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    @Lord_Frodo for your enlightenment:
    Stable Slot Entitlement
    Skill level Basic Allocation Stygian Abyss Time of Legends
    Non tamer 2 4 6
    160 – 199.9 total skill 3 5 7
    200 – 239 total skill 4 6 8
    240+ 5 7 9
    • add one slot for each skill at 100 skill (ie 100 tame /100 lore /100 vet = 8, 10, 12 slots)
    • add one slot for each skill at 110 skill (ie 110 tame /110 lore /110 vet = 11, 13, 15 slots)
    • add one slot for each skill at 120 skill (ie 120 tame /120 lore /120 vet = 14, 16, 18 slots)
    • The Animal Taming Mastery, ‘Boarding’, also adds stable slots for master tamers and above while the mastery is active up to a final total at 120 taming of 21.
    • A stable slot increase token is available from Ultima Store at a cost of 500 sovereigns, this increases stable capacity by 3 slots. Up to 7 such tokens may be applied to any one character, taking the maximum possible total from all sources to 42.

This is my Tamer
    The Animal Taming Mastery, ‘Boarding’, also adds stable slots for master tamers and above while the mastery is active up to a final total at 120 taming of 21.
    Buy 7 stable increase tokens for 21 more.  Pfffttt this is my tamer. 
    edited April 2020
    PPPPPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    At your rate power scrolls will be expensive for 3 more years!
    I was guessing 3-5 years just like when they first came out.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    I have three tamers and around 75 pets in stables between them even though they all have the 42 slots. 

I have maybe 2 fully scrolled pets on each tamer.  ie at 120 level and all manner of of pets with 110's on partial builds waiting for 120's.  

It will be the year 2300 before I get these one scrolled not to mention any new pets I may get between now and then. 

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    I understand the obsession with collecting things in UO and that there are some players that train and sell pets but why on earth would anybody need all those pets to be scrolled out.  Yes I know that there are different spawns and the most used pet was the GD prior to the pet training pub and now it looks like the Cu has become the go to with Chiv/AI.  So here is my question is all these different pets need to be scrolled and what spawn/mobs are people using at which spawns and why. 
    Because we like building pets.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    It would be nice if they created pet 120 PS that dropped in tram 
    And still no examples as to why, typical.
    edited April 2020
    And still no examples as to why, typical.
    Why tamers like to build pets?  Why do Crafters like to craft? Why to Fishermen like to fish. Etc. It is what we do.  Some like to build to sell, some like to build to keep.  Scrolls are coming from spawns every day. My pets are hungry If I have food , I feed them.

One toon has all the Hiryu colors but there are less than 10 good builds, I have those scrolled but the others are sitting with 1501 points left for future builds.  Some players have 120 scrolls on all their pets. I dont, I have a lot of 110 and 115 pets.

LS is like an assembly line of pet building sometimes. 

To stay on topic, All the items deleted at IDOCs can turn into pet scrolls and many players would be happy.
    So you are just doing them to do them, no specific build for a specific spawn.  Wish I had all that gold to afford all those PSs.
    So you are just doing them to do them, no specific build for a specific spawn.  Wish I had all that gold to afford all those PSs.

I post most of my pets on the other forum. Many have specific builds for specific mobs.  Search my threads there for Firesteed.  I built those for two specific things.  I have Tritons for specific encounters.  Cus match all the Eodon quest bosses.
    ty