Hey Devs, Hiding and Rewards..

Would be nice if you would change the code to prevent drops from occurring if the player is hidden. Way too much abuse going on. Tamers with Cu's down in the Dojo, they don't even have to say All Kill, just hide and let the Cu do all of the work. @Kyronix , take a look on LA right now if you've got a minute.Normally what other players are doing in game is of no concern to me, but this is pretty freakin ridiculous.
You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Comments

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited April 2020
    This again. Maybe stop all people invising as well, so if your invisible you cant get a drop, and while your at it stop those pesky sampires from having necro and chiv on the same char and being afk in 'the waste' while their toon just instantly targets orcs for hours on end etc. 

You can be hidden and still die in the dojo when the area affect gets you. My tamers have died MULTIPLE times while hidden. Especially when my eyes have glazed over from boredom and concentration lapses for a min.   I am always 'there' even if my mind sometimes goes off with the fairies. 

Lets just nerf something for everyone because ONE or TWO greedy players may be doing the wrong thing.  It is not like the 'rewards' are really worth it.  I mean I have over 350 tot drops so far for ONE mempo, which is really the only thing worth having.  There are a gazillion places to farm in tokuno, no need to even bother with this.

Problem is when people complain about those doing the wrong thing the devs end up using a sledgehammer to fix stuff, eg the 'fix' for the afk scripter in the dark guardian room on Oceania, instead of just perma banning that person, the devs decided to nerf the whole room so that when you go in you get 2 guardians per person instead of per mobile.  That was a case of one person wrecking it for EVERYONE. 

This is old content with old rewards, be careful what you ask for is all I am saying.  A person has 100 points invested in a skill that does ONE thing.  It should work.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Make a clicky box.  You are entitled a drop. You have 10 seconds to click yes to accept.  :D
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    Their script would just click on the clicky xD 
    No they just need reduce further down the drop rate for hidden characters,  right now I feel like its not reduced at all , even tho its been said in publish 47 that drops are suposed to be reduced for hidden characters in dungeons...
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    I agree with Missy E. My tamer invises all the time - eventually you do get tired of running in circles from monsters. I'm always at my screen - sometimes you just need a "grab a water bottle break" and because of that I should miss out on a drop?

• JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    I have some tamers that I borrowed hiding from other chars for.  I was in the dojo and got a visit by a GM. Don’t know if it was routine or a page, no matter.  He challenged me. Think he revealed me. Can’t remember.  Anyway he/she popped on screen. We had a conversation. And sadly would not let me have the robe they were wearing no matter how hard I asked. 
    I have seen several pets and hidden chats vanish so I assume the dojo is being policed 
    edited April 2020
    Pawain said:
    Make a clicky box.  You are entitled a drop. You have 10 seconds to click yes to accept.  :D
    Yeah right, you partner says something to you and you look at them to answer for a min and you lose your drop.  Sorry seriously bad suggestion.

Cheers MissE

MissE said:
    Pawain said:
    Yeah right, you partner says something to you and you look at them to answer for a min and you lose your drop.  Sorry seriously bad suggestion.

It sure is but wait till you see what the Devs will do if ppl keep complaining.  
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    It’s cool they turned this ToT on for us 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I"m not talking about Tamers invising, I"m talking about long term hidden.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    So what is stopping all the whiners from just taking their CUs into the same spot and letting them have at it also, NOTHING.  This has been a playstyle forever and now you want it changed.  Another fix to stop cheating that hurts the honest player, way to go.
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    Should make it that there is a very small chance creatures can reveal you when they get close to you... If your not afk you can invis or hide again. If not oooooooooooo
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    I am of the opposite opinion. Stealth and Hiding need some bumps to improve them. As Lord_Fodo said, if you think someone is using hiding to "hord" your favourite  room just move in, no one owns a spawn. If you think they are AFK against the rules page a GM.

Stealth and Hiding would be much more useful and fun to play if you at least had a chance to remain hidden when.
    • Attempting to steal something
    • Take something off a body
    • Find hidden container as in Khaldun and yes you stay hidden but the container is visible to everyone
    • Stay hidden when someone casts Earthquake or the like, Just taking a little damage shouldn't automatically reveal a legendary stealther 
    • Also the the odds of being randomly revealed by monsters at legendary is way to high.

vortex said:
    Should make it that there is a very small chance creatures can reveal you when they get close to you... If your not afk you can invis or hide again. If not oooooooooooo
    Every spawn has detect hidden and yes I have been revealed many times in the Dojo
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    Being afk while getting rewards via your pets is a problem.  Hiding in itself is not.  If you are paying attention to your pet while hidden, no problem.   Also, penalizing Hiding would invalidate the entire Ninja build. 
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • TXEggplantTXEggplant Posts: 160
    There's no reason you can't just walk up and start killing the same monsters. I usually watch a little to see what's going on and if I think they are unattended, I just hop right in. Either they come back or time out. It's not just a tamer's game ... it's everyone's game.
    Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com
    Also remember that there are other places besides the Dojo that you can hunt
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited April 2020
    Most creatures can't reveal a stationary hidden player by getting near them. Only if the player attempts to move near them while hidden (stealth) does the creature get a passive Detect Hidden check. If a creature is aggroed onto a player at the moment he invisses/hides, they will attempt a single reveal attempt. The only way a creature will detect a stationary hidden/invissed player, is if the creature has an Aura that damages nearby targets, such as what Succubus have.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Tim said:
    I am of the opposite opinion. Stealth and Hiding need some bumps to improve them. As Lord_Fodo said, if you think someone is using hiding to "hord" your favourite  room just move in, no one owns a spawn. If you think they are AFK against the rules page a GM.

Stealth and Hiding would be much more useful and fun to play if you at least had a chance to remain hidden when.
    • Attempting to steal something
    • Take something off a body
    • Find hidden container as in Khaldun and yes you stay hidden but the container is visible to everyone
    • Stay hidden when someone casts Earthquake or the like, Just taking a little damage shouldn't automatically reveal a legendary stealther 
    • Also the the odds of being randomly revealed by monsters at legendary is way to high.

I agree.

If at all, Hiding and Stealth need to be boosted and bettered and not nerfed.

If anyone has problems with a given spawn, step in and work that spawn also.

There is no need to nerf skills like hiding and stealth which in many scenarios are a must have to play in the first place.....
    vortex said:
    Every spawn has detect hidden and yes I have been revealed many times in the Dojo

Me too, a number of times, especially with the fan dancers.

Cheers MissE

edited April 2020
    You people are hilarious. If it's something YOU care about , you'll write a 5 page novel and expect everyone to be on your side. If it's something that might affect your 18 hrs of UO play per day, you get your panties all twisted up. 

You people are hilarious. If it's something YOU care about , you'll write a 5 page novel and expect everyone to be on your side. If it's something that might affect your 18 hrs of UO play per day, you get your panties all twisted up. 
    After the recent changes I would rather figure out how to deal with game mechanics that have the devs step in.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    You people are hilarious. If it's something YOU care about

The question is why you care so much about stealth tamers? I have one that i have a lot of time and gold invested in. It doesn't mean everytime i log that character i'm afk. 

There are a variety of templates afk farming right now not just stealth tamers. You can always just find another spot. 
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    Ok Ok time to slow this down...
    1997 when this game first hit beta hiding was a very much usefull skill  unless you wanted to die in town to the local Red who did it for s**s and giggles.  These days 2020 mind you every one in the game has some sort of cheat to win attitude.  
    Lets look at this from a thieves point of view..
    Hidden is a valuable skill and if the Dev did touch this anymore then the past dev did and you might as well hang up your sneeker's  Now as for other templates using the skill to gain advantage over the rest of you...  Cry, pound your chest, and nag the pee right out of the Dev and you will get a change alright but are you willing to have them change it to something so much worse??  

I put no blame on the current Dev for changes to skill done in the past... 
    Magery, omg that was a disaster.  Don't get me talking about the poor treatment Macer's got.
    You see every time you complain about a skill and they take out the skill calc and rebalance the skill in question it also leads to other skill that use that skill too.
       Now if they can perhaps put a reduction of effectiveness to add it to the other main skills like your pointing out that would be fine but you and I both know if your a long time player this only leads to headaches later...  
    While I do agree that the "devious" part of our player base has used other shards as their cheating ground because of such low population on those shards that the GMs due to being so busy on Atlantic cant get in time to cruse the shards to see this activity.  
    Its not the skill at fault but the way in which its being used.
    There is nothing wrong with the way it is being used.  It is hide, it means hide.  If people are afk while hidden they are doing wrong but it is no different to the sampire sitting there bashing who is also afk or the necro like in the doom guardian who is bashing and looting while afk.  The fisher auto fishing for pearls and stuff afk. 

The hide skill does one thing, you can get revealed.  Happens to me all the time. 

If a tamer is in the dojo and you don't 'see' em appear every so often  (and you have to appear to every now and then to keep your pet 'green' to  you if guilded, or to instruct it, or to call it to feed or go round up the mobs that may of gone off screen) just jump in with your character and fight stuff and ignore the tamer completely.  An afk tamer is no way near as quick at tagging mobs as a character who is there in war mode who can tag em as soon as they appear. 

And Garth it appears this is something YOU care about as you are the one complaining, and it is YOU getting your panties twisted up about it no one else.

Cheers MissE

:D 
    AMEN @MissE
    Ya'll should group hug next.

• GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Blackthorns was turned bad enough when I could no longer stealth around to look for the goodies. (yes I know there are not many) Please don't put in the same thing in Tokuno. :( I use the hit and run method for stealing, but sometimes I enjoy a leisure stealth and steal. And in blackthorns when I would invis to stop getting targeting by monsters as a simple mage thief, I would get revealed to to much. I am not a fighting thief buy any means. hence stealthing!
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    Hiding tamers & sampires aren't the problem, it's a major lack of rule enforcement. 
    Combine those with repetitive thus boring pvm and a system that rewards you even while afk (no need to script) you're just asking people to unattended farm.

Also, If you remember correctly, last time ToT was turned on you couldn't get the tokuno minor artifacts while in the dungeons, it was only the overworld, probably because the first time it came out this was the same kind of garbage going on.  

MissE said:
    An afk tamer is no way near as quick at tagging mobs as a character who is there in war mode who can tag em as soon as they appear. 
        That depends on what you're farming and if you're using a script or not.  but it should be irrelevant because afk-farming is illegal and offenders should be suspended or banned regardless of their template.   

I wonder how many people are being suspended/banned from all this afk farming, I guess we have to wait until the newsletter for April comes out.
    Gidge said:
    Blackthorns was turned bad enough when I could no longer stealth around to look for the goodies. (yes I know there are not many) Please don't put in the same thing in Tokuno. :( I use the hit and run method for stealing, but sometimes I enjoy a leisure stealth and steal. And in blackthorns when I would invis to stop getting targeting by monsters as a simple mage thief, I would get revealed to to much. I am not a fighting thief buy any means. hence stealthing!
    Hey, now you shouldn't need hiding or stealth in blackthorns because there isn't anything there to attack you anymore, other than the captains and hiding/stealth is and always has been unaffected in that section of the dungeon..
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • TheoTheo Posts: 169
    The AFK stuff doesn't really bother me. I actually like the unattended tamers because I grab the loot from their kills to unravel.    What I really would have liked to have seen is adding Leuro's mempo as a turn in reward.   Thats the only thing worth doing this event for is the mempo and it requires you to mind numbingly kill things until you get a drop.  If 10 minors got you one - this event would be a non-issue for the AFKers.  Everyone could get one.