Primers from champ spawns

So, you have a bunch of fel champs that drop primers with (mostly) no value.

On most shards people dont care about level 1 and level 2 primers, they can be found on ground in Luna. Sometimes even level 3 primers can be found on ground. Its impossible to sell level 1 and 2, you cant sell to NPCs, you cant scroll bind them into level 3, you cant xfer them to another shard and they have no cleanup points value.

What is this pointless system? why do they drop from a champ in first place?

There are only a few select level 3 primers that people want, most others are excuse me, useless.
I do understand some have huge value on ATL shard, but thats not the case on rest of the shards, also even on ATL(the most populated shard) level 1 and 2 primers have little to no value.

I vote for a primer system change on primers, it could have been a good system but somehow designed badly causing it to be rather weak.

Comments

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Make it so you can bind up the smaller ones to make the larger like you can with power scrolls etc.

Make them have turn in value.
  • DJAd said:
    Make it so you can bind up the smaller ones to make the larger like you can with power scrolls etc.

Exactly this. Binders and turn in points.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited April 2018
    DJAd said:

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,257
    edited April 2018

I thought I'd re-raise this one, as there are so many lessons to be learned.

I admit much of it is in hindsight now.

The Mastery System is in fact a very good system, a bit like 120 skills are. So how come the Primer system has failed so badly? How come I am sitting on a chestful of level 3 Primers with absolutely no use. How come all level 1 and level 2 primers get dumped on the floor in whatever shape or message I feel like? How come when Teclo dies, I find 100 low level Primers on his body?

I think some of the answers are very relevant when looking at Powerscrolls, a system that has endured for many years, whereas the Primer system didn't even endure for months, when it should have.

• Primers are shard bound, there is no market beyond your own shard.
    • Low level primers cannot be bound together, so they just get dumped.
    • Primers are not worth clean-up points, so again, they just get dumped, or stashed away, never to see light of day.
    • Primers suffer from Over-supply. They are available in Felucca, Trammel, Illshenar and Eodon. This is an important one. Maybe they should have just been restricted to Eodon spawns and Illshenar spawns. Maybe again, just Felucca, where there is a natural hedge against oversupply. This is an important one when considering whether to make Powerscrolls available in Trammel.

Maybe some tweaks can be made to the Primer system, to recover it slightly as already mentioned above. Remove the shard bound, make them worth clean-up points, restrict where they drop from, maybe Turtle Boss in Eodon only.

• InLorInLor Posts: 384
    DJAd said:

This seems like a good idea to me.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited April 2018
    Cookie said:
    (...)

Maybe some tweaks can be made to the Primer system, to recover it slightly as already mentioned above. Remove the shard bound, make them worth clean-up points, restrict where they drop from, maybe Turtle Boss in Eodon only.

No, thanks. The Shard binding is exactly the motive because at least Primers are available to a lot more Players than the PSs, SoTs & SoAs even in the less populated Shards.
    My Two GPs.
    I.
    PS: I agree on adding a Binding & a Turn-In-for-points possibility.