oh hey look atlantic down again

waiting for uo to get out of beta
This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    I was doing a trade between 2 accounts from bank box my main pack was full hope it goes back to the bank or a small revert happens 
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    Atlantic goes up, Atlantic goes down, Atlantic goes up, Atlantic goes down

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    wish the dupers would do their business late night instead of during the day/almost prime time

Well logged in small revert started trading again crashed again 
    I noticed in siege that I was having issues trade there kept crashing client 
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    It's '97- '98 again!   Yay!!!

BS had got to trade in those 486's for a PentiumII
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    Ok who hid the hamster!!!!!   
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    It's '97- '98 again!   Yay!!!

BS had got to trade in those 486's for a PentiumII
    AMEN
    and down again almost same time as yesterday. boy I'm loving these daily occurrences 

• OblivionOblivion Posts: 24
    You know it would be nice if they perhaps communicated what is happening....I don't want to bother wasting my time if it keeps going down and reverting. 
    Maybe they are adding Easter items 
  • MordredMordred Posts: 102
    Oblivion said:
    You know it would be nice if they perhaps communicated what is happening....I don't want to bother wasting my time if it keeps going down and reverting. 

LOL, you really asking this??
    Communication with players are not really their priorities 
  • A nice welcome to the new players that never got to experience our frustrations 20 years ago.....
    edited April 2020
    A nice welcome to the new players that never got to experience our frustrations 20 years ago.....
    dont worry UO is still in beta. on full release the servers will only be down 3 times a week not multiple times every day

yea already have a handful of 'returning' players couldn't get over how the player to player item trading system was down for weeks and had already quit for good this time lol wonder how many more will leave from the crashing I'd imagine the rest

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    <inserts "shocked look" emoji here>
  • OblivionOblivion Posts: 24
    Maybe @Mesanna is at least looking at the forums...thanks for the update

https://uo.com/2020/04/10/atlantic-crashing/
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    edited April 2020
    The problem may well be caused by server load.  I.e., there are more people than the hardware and software can deal with effectively.  Temporary solution?  A lot of folks there should spend more time on less-populated servers.  Personally I feel uncomfortable walking around Luna when players are dense as flies.  I don't remember a shard being this crowded even in the UO heyday just before & after Trammel.  Maybe the Trinsic invasion event leading up to the facet split had that kind of player concentration.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    I just shop there.  I would not want to see what doing any encounters looks like.

Atlantic is very full.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited April 2020
    I just returned home to pac from alt and it’s nothing close to how pack was from 99 to 07 
    Even Alt is dying off slowly 

now pac is just died those left here are good people from what I’ve experienced 

• taka69utaka69u Posts: 1
    Yelp Down again and i just got some cool loot :( sucks its going to be all gon

• SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    dupers gotta dupe. 
    and VS is down again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    How much garbage is people putting on Vendors just to crash the system and please do not think that for one minute that people are not doing just that.

Is like a cancer, started on Atl, now LS and soon will spread

• RubyKnightRubyKnight Posts: 192
    Some things just never go oit of style!

Posted on April 10, 2020 by Mesanna

Greetings all,

We are aware of the issue with Atlantic crashing and are working to resolve the cause.  We do not have an estimate time this will be fixed but wanted everyone to know we are aware of it and will keep you informed of our progress.

We hope everyone is staying safe and all of our good wishes go out to each of you and your families.

Have a great weekend,

UO Team

ICQ 568300481

Wanted: 
    Young healthy hamsters with the go get em attitude and stamina to run!
    Good pay and health benefits. Eastern shard job opening.
    All Apply Broadsword/UO/Mesanna  have your resume when your asked.... 

P.S. No Squirrel or Ground Hog needed due to wheel size.  Thank you