Dragons need a buff

Jeremiah89Jeremiah89 Posts: 13
edited April 2020 in General Discussions
I love all the pets, not a negative Nancy. Although the greater dragon is still alright, it needs to be a level lower to start so it can reign king again. I mean it's a freakin dragon! they look sooo cool, just need the stats to be able to use them again. I mean, if I could go around with a shadow wyrm, hell yea! Just had to get this out there. Let's make dragons a thing again!
  1. Make dragons better7 votes
    1. they are fine
      28.57%
    2. needs a buff
      71.43%

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    We need new mountable pets.   Getting rid of the Flappy Dragons is what started the taming revamp.  You can see the boss at Events sometimes now.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • I see what you mean, maybe I don't go to events as much to notice 
    I'm with you on the Shadow Wyrm.  They would be very popular and they are transparent.
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Pawain said:
    We need new mountable pets.
    This.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    edited April 2020

we need saddles so we can ride all our current pets....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Pawain said:
    We need new colorful mountable pets.

Pretty sure this is what you meant to say. 
    Of course  we need new colorful mounts that can get many builds.
  • Just please remember, shadow wyrms can be seen through! haha, (help plz) :D
    Saddles and saddlebags were in the original Pet Revamp plans.  Lets implement them!
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    How about pet grooming tokens?  Dye your Cu florescent pink and give it a poodle cut.
    Im in! 

temp.png 143.6K
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    Pawain said:
    Im in! 

Reminds me of the first time I manscaped...
  • McDougle said:

we need saddles so we can ride all our current pets....
    Yeah, I can't wait to ride my Mongbat into Luna bank! xD

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Give the Grizzled Mare the boost it deserves, it's right there in the code just waiting for 5 seconds of work.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    I agree with @Garth_Grey
    edited April 2020
    Give the Grizzled Mare the boost it deserves, it's right there in the code just waiting for 5 seconds of work.
    Also would need to let the Hungry Coconut Crab go to 5 slot.  Also the Sakkhran Bird of Prey, the tiger cub and any other drop or reward pet. All should go to 5 slot.  
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    Also my Purple Rabbit should go to 5 Slots ;)
    The albino squirrel also then.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    all GDs should keep all their stats/skills/resists and be reverted to 4 slot, in fact all 5 slot only pets should be 4 slots.
  • Dragons don't need any more buffs, but you might want to think about other color variations here. Dark green ones, as they come with the Treasure Maps, if Remove Trap-Skill fails, would be pretty nice, also black tones or black colored GD. I personally would more like a black one than a shadow type. Frost Dragons should also be able to tame somewhere outside of doings T-Maps. My personal dream of dragons are still the great Crimson and Platinium Dragons, but it will probably never come true here ;)
    Otherwise, I agree that there should be more ridable pets, which can then train up to 5 slots, and that pets that you could buy from UO store so far, are also trainable up to 5 slots. When are camels and dromedaries coming??  :D :p

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• TimSt said:
    How about pet grooming tokens?  Dye your Cu florescent pink and give it a poodle cut.

Like to hear my honest opinion? PLEASE NO and NEVER!
    We have really enough nonsens made by neon colors ingame that curses eye-cancers - we don't need really any more of this.

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• I love the Crimson/Platinum Drakes. Collect one of each Elemental type, give them 120 Chiv+AI, and they out damage almost anything else against targets weakest to their Element. Just wish we could remove Dragon Breath off of them, then they'd really rock.

Shadow Wyrms had so much potential when they were first tameable on TC. They only had like 300 Health at first, but could spawn as 4 slot then. They were absolute glass cannons with 29-35 Base Damage and up to 1,030 STR. A Chiv+AI Shadow Wyrm would've been a crazy damage dealer. But then people complained about them having such low Health after tame, and the devs allowed them to keep their up to 600 Health after tame, which made them always spawn as 5 slot.
    Now though, even with their 29-35 Base Damage and 1,030 STR, they still fall behind in terms of damage output, because they don't reach 150 Stam for max swing speed, they don't get 120 Wrest to consistently land hits, they don't get 30 MR to keep casting, and they don't get access to any specials like AI.

The Ossein Ram needs to be ridable. The Grizzled Mare needs to go to 5 slots.