how do i get to the new idocs?

someone suggested UO cartographer but its been stuck like this:

https://gyazo.com/54b261bea24b9efd341fb4d3ce8e6d9b

Comments

• SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    it just gives numbers?  no way to get a rune?  poor game design if you ask me. 
  • Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    edited April 2020
    Smoot said:
    someone suggested UO cartographer but its been stuck like this:

https://gyazo.com/54b261bea24b9efd341fb4d3ce8e6d9b

I couldn't even get it to connect to the server and download..... you are far ahead of me lol

I wouldn't expect it to produce a rune it is a third party program. Just seeing the area on the map by putting in the coordinates is fine with me. 

Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Google is your friend
    Use at your own risk.
    https://community.stratics.com/resources/uocartographer.15/

This is what I followed and works fine. I do use EC though if it makes any difference.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Be old school, buy a sextant and run/sail to it
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    I just ask for them to yell out and send me a gate when it falls.  Much easier than the above.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    Don't be lazy. Go out and look for them like you are supposed to , check the house signs
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Create your own rune library of the world. With my library I can recall to within 4 screens of any location.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    In EC open the world map to full size, run your cursor over the map watching the coordinates in the top left corner till you are close to those given. Go to that location then find the exact spot by watching the coordinates in the bottom right corner as you run around.
    If not using a mapping program, in CC. use the facet maps in the uo wiki to locate the approximate area (click on them to enlarge or print them off) then narrow it down with a sextant when you reach that area. For Tram and Fel you could also use the old paper map if you still have it.
    Bearing in mind that no devs in UO history have ever taken the 'hand it to you on a plate' approach. Some effort on the part of the player has always been expected.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited April 2020
    Why wouldn't you just load the coords into the ec via a custom waypoint?  I thought it was supposed to be like Krampus coords ie 23o 45' S 78o 54' N etc?  I havent been much involved in this Idoc stuff but if it gives coords just right click anywhere on the map and create waypoint put in the coords and select a custom 'marker' and off you go.  Don't have to alter map size.  I always used 'crossed swords' for when i am marking something eg Krampus so it is a huge bloody white cross on the map. Then just make your map big, and scroll around it until you see the big bloody white cross lol

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    oops, yes, that too. Can I admit to being human and having forgotten that?
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    OMG @Mariah has just be demoted to a Demigod.
     :) <3 :) <3 :) <3 :) <3 :) <3 
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    edited April 2020

Be old school, buy a sextant and run/sail to it

i tried a few this way but very tedious.  same reason i dont do any of the pirate stuff, or the krampus.

i had thought that since EC has such a huge advantage with coords / mapping (im guessing finding the idocs in EC can be automated) that to make it fair for all a rune in the backpack would have been the first choice.
  • Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    Part of the fun is going and finding them. There is no easy button. If that's what you are looking for, this isn't the game play for you :-) 

Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    They want a map like VS gives and the next thing they will want is an auto button.