new idoc troubles,,,Le Sigh....

well since it was tested for like a whole hour on test shard there seems to be a new problem with idocs that was over looked *coughs aside from deleting vet rewards Coughs coughs*   people have found a way to annoy other players already.  The casting area outside the barrel fence apparently isnt restricted. so people line up mages around the outside and continually invis the players smacking the barrels. this not only tabs u out of war mode but im fairly sure u dont get loot when the barrel busts if your invised because i was smacking 6 barrels and only got loot from two, which wasnt much loot at all......  so i dunno yall might wanna widen the casting restrictions a few more squares out around the barrel fence......
Tagged:

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Were you 2 squares from the barrel when it was destroyed?  And if you are attended you can keep clicking to attack.

And the main question, were they just invising you?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • i was in the middle of 6 barrels, with their lifebars  within 2 squares of each barrel.... i didnt realize i was being invised because there were 9000 people there and atleast 6 of them were giant blueberrys. yes they were just invising me which was making me tab out when i was trying to hit barrels... i didnt notice my tiny white UO finger wasnt red anymore.       
  • if you constantly invising somoene anywhere else in this game then u are harassing them, they have just found a way to exploit it at idocs now. that way their 20 bots that are smackin barrels beside you get the loot that u thought u were getting part of.....  
    Yup that fits Harassment.  They will tell you to page on them.  
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    May I draw your attention to the rule listed in the publish notes:

Players may not damage barrels unless they can hold 50 items and 100 stones in their backpack.
    6 barrels = possibly 600 items. My best guess as to what happened was you got contents from the first two to break, after that you were unable to receive more because you did not meet that criteria.
    Having said that, such behavior is harassement, and no amount of testing reveals this kind of problem. Players don't misbehave at testing events.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Well in her defense, she was too busy to notice that someone was invising her...wtf ???...so I doubt she noticed she was also overweight ? Ahh idocs bring out the best in everyone don't they ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    Frustrating for sure. 

I do find it interesting the game dynamics that are revealed through things like this. If you really understand the intricacies of the game dynamics you can really do some interesting things. For the good or evil..... 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    How do you attack 6 barrels an once?
    If there's a lot of items in a small footprint the barrels can be really close.  They break so fast you almost have to find a spot where you can hit multiples.All the barrels are gone when you are done with yours.

Also, you are not guaranteed 100 items and not all barrels contain 100 items.  I broke 2 and got 20 items. 12 and 8.  Only one other person was hitting them with me.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Pawain said:
    If there's a lot of items in a small footprint the barrels can be really close.  They break so fast you almost have to find a spot where you can hit multiples.All the barrels are gone when you are done with yours.

Also, you are not guaranteed 100 items and not all barrels contain 100 items.  I broke 2 and got 20 items. 12 and 8.  Only one other person was hitting them with me.

So if the barrels are close together and you hit one barrel you could do damage to more than the barrel you are hitting.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    No, it follows looting rights. Do enough damage, then switch targets
    edited April 2020
    No, you hit one for a few hits then hit the others next to you if a lot of ppl are there. If theres not a lot you can stand in the same spot and hit til gone then hit the others.  The barrels tend to spawn in clumps it seems.  You can pull up heathbars on the barrels.

I can imagine it being so crowded that you may not notice you are not hitting anything.

Also some players dont understand that the barrier barrels have nothing in them. You may see players keep hitting those instead of going inside.  We yelled out in chat to go inside and hit those.
    Well in her defense, she was too busy to notice that someone was invising her...wtf ???...so I doubt she noticed she was also overweight ? Ahh idocs bring out the best in everyone don't they ?
    You are like a Monday morning quarterback that did not even watch the game.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Hey!  Sports are suspended due to the virus, don't be mentioning them :p 
  • Well in her defense, she was too busy to notice that someone was invising her...wtf ???...so I doubt she noticed she was also overweight ? Ahh idocs bring out the best in everyone don't they ?
    now tell me if im invised.....     this is after people had spread out a little , and i had dropped the 10 lifebars i had on my screen... or u know just make another snippy comment about something u know nothing about...

• Mariah said:
    May I draw your attention to the rule listed in the publish notes:

Players may not damage barrels unless they can hold 50 items and 100 stones in their backpack.
    6 barrels = possibly 600 items. My best guess as to what happened was you got contents from the first two to break, after that you were unable to receive more because you did not meet that criteria.
    Having said that, such behavior is harassement, and no amount of testing reveals this kind of problem. Players don't misbehave at testing events.

nah u can look in your journal and see how many  items u were awarded, when there are a bunch of people like there were u do good to get 6-8 items per barrel. 
    edited April 2020
    And the barrels were probably concentrated in that area where the ppl still are.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    now tell me if im invised.....     this is after people had spread out a little , and i had dropped the 10 lifebars i had on my screen... or u know just make another snippy comment about something u know nothing about...

So I guess you do not know about that little tool that tells you  what spells you are under.
    She did not notice she was invised and went out of war mode. There is no need to harass her about it.

Her post is a warning about what others can do to disrupt you at an IDOC.  Head the warning and move along.
  • DasilvaDasilva Posts: 98
    edited April 2020
    at this particular idoc there was a total of 11 barrels 3 in the SE corner 2 where the guy in red is on the right middle 4 where the blue guy is on the west side and the other 2 were at the bottom where the person in green is. I STRONGLY advize startint to take pictures of the barrels while the perimeter is still grey so ppl can see how many barrels are actually there and then a picture afterwards also report how many barrels you hit and how many times and how many items you got,unfortunately i HAVE tested this and the system is DEFINETLY not balanced and heavily weighed towards certain points which I am not going to bring up publicly, the system needs to quite honestly be put on hold for a while and retested on test center and THIS TIME i suggest all of you actually go to test center and help actually test the system before it is locked in stone which im pretty sure it already is, OH and fel idocs? guess what grats to hewhowillnotbenamed that is getting EVERY BARREL at EVERY FEL IDOC, I spoke up that this sytem would not be fair in anyway for fel but unfortunately ppl were to busy calling me a scripter and blah blah instead of paying attention and actually listening.
    unfortunately now certain people are definetly laughing their faces off, and no im not at liberty to say just what is going on because I dont really know exactly what is going on, i just know it is.

and BTW the backpack in the picture was loaded compared to what most people are actually getting
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited April 2020
    This IDOC system could get an update. Like all systems are tested then retested and tweaked and tested again, published, then tested and republished etc.  So I would not get surprised if IDOC publish part II comes along in the near future.

What Im wondering is that after checking all shards (like 20 shards) for IDOCs, the NPC has no IDOCs. So are you telling me there is nothing falling on any shard for the next 15 hours??  I dont think so, something wrong here.  Prior to this system ATL alone could have 5-10 falling houses in just one day.  Are there falling houses that failed to be announced by the NPC? if so its a huge scandal.  The alternative, IDOCs been tightened and less falls now than previously.

As a sidenote I dont see the guys that used to be at every single IDOC on every shard in the past decade, they just dont show up to IDOCs anymore lol

The system is not perfect, but its alot better than it used to, great loot comes to great hunters in a fair manner, and no more 5 packhorses.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Bilbo said:

So I guess you do not know about that little tool that tells you  what spells you are under.
    Don't be snippy, you might get Pawained.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Don't be snippy, you might get Pawained.
    Thank you.  He was part of the Pawaining!  He should know now. :)
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    lol!
    edited April 2020
    Except great loot isn't coming to great hunters it's coming to the few that figured out the new distribution of loot system and those few lucky enough to stumble on it, it is by no means fair it's actually worse than before in some ways. Before there was three types of players
    A)those that use scripts
    B)those that figured out what stuff they wanted to go for ahead of time
    C)those that couldnt figure out what to grab for whatever reason.

With the old system a few were in the first category some were in the second category and most were in the third category.

Now its:
    A)those who script
    B)the very few that figured out the new distribution system
    C)those that get nothing but trash or nothing at all

Under the old system b and c had a chance of getting something while yes scripters got a lot of it but group b got a lot as well
    Now only those that get lucky or those in group b which is actually a smaller number than the scripters were are the only ones getting most of it
    The great majority are now in group 3

And in fel no one can stay alive long enough to break a barrel and get anything of value other than one group who were actually the main scripter group as well you basically handed them all fel idocs.
    Btw I actually like
    A)no packies in the idoc locale
    B)the perimeter system around the idoc

I despise the removal of the main point of the idoc gameplay since day 1 which was maybe get something u normally wouldnt be able to afford/get. Vet rewards for example
    And the current loot distribution system it is not rng in any way and very one sided. there are a few ppl bragging that they figured out the new distribution system and that are actually getting most of the decent stuff
    What makes you think others know what is in what barrel?  

edited April 2020
    Because certain individuals who knew how to test on test center bragged that they figured out how exactly to get the stuff that is of any value and because the vast majority of ppl who enjoyed idoccing before for fun not for cash gains are now scratching their heads going wtf. AND me and my wife have done the majority of every idoc on every server since the system was put in and we are using multiple PAID accounts like always and are literally coming away empty handed idoc after idoc. That tells me the system is definetly not working properly.

If we were getting less stuff I would say ok but nothing but trash?sorry there isn't a chance in hell the system is working properly
    Something is definitely unbalanced
    And you trust these random ppl on TC?  They probably said that to get under your skin. They know their lies will bother you and they did.   There could be thousands of items in an IDOC.  Of course you will get a lot of junk.  Look at the crap ppl keep. I have over 1000 armor pieces in one house.  then I have 3 EM drops.  Most ppl would get the other things besides the 3 EM items.

If you think they know which barrels to hit, go hit those and see how your luck improves.