PVP CURRENT ABUSE

There is a new PvP abuse that a certain Legion guild and other group are doing on Atlantic, they have some sort of auto drop bagballs in between houses that trap players and get them killed because you cant pass the bagballs.
Other guild drop bagballs and crates at dungeon entrances and telepads to prevent players to go in or out.

Pls @Mesanna and @Kyronix is time to change the bagballs and crates and make them passable, just like any other boxes and gift boxes that you can just pass thru. Pls is time to address this matter, since paging a GM take weeks to get a non response.

Comments

• NikardNikard Posts: 164
    I do not see how 'putting an item on the ground' is 'abuse.' Are you just asking that they change the game every time somebody kills you?
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 882
    good name, stop hiding. No-one is going to take you seriously or support you with that. And 4 posts as well?
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited March 2020
    File a harassment report.  Blocking other players use to be against the rules, not sure about now.
    Very hard to find any rules reguarding UO ToS

@Mariah could you provide a like to UOs current ToS/User Agreement that states UO Game Play does and don'ts

Rules of Conduct

The full Service Rules of Conduct are included below:

While you are a member of the Ultima Online service, you must abide by the following rules.

IF YOU BREAK ANY OF THESE RULES, YOUR ULTIMA ONLINE ACCOUNT, AND YOUR RIGHT TO USE THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE, MAY BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY BY BROADSWORD. IF THIS HAPPENS, YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY REFUND OF ANY AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO USE THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE AND YOU WILL FORFEIT ALL OF YOUR UNUSED ACCESS TIME.

THE RULES ARE:

1. You may not victimize, harass, threaten, or cause another player unwanted distress or discomfort, as determined by Support Staff.

1. You may not use any offensive or sexually explicit language, graphic descriptions, or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals).

1. You may not use any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable language toward any other player.

1. Characters, items, pets, and other user-created in-game content must abide by the Terms of Service, Rules of Conduct and the UO Naming Policy located here.

1. You will not actively encourage other players to violate the Terms of Service or Rules of Conduct.

1. You may not leave an active character or pet in game while unattended. If your character is performing a skill, text or action, you must be able to respond to a Game Master when one attempts to speak to you.

1. You may not impersonate any Ultima Online Customer Support representative or other employee of Broadsword Online Games, past or present.

1. With the exception of the sale of in-game items for in-game items or services, you may not market, promote or advertise anything, or make any other form of solicitation (including pyramid schemes and chain letters) through the Ultima Online service or Ultima Online web site.

1. You may not violate any local, state, national or international law or regulation.

1. You may not modify any part of the Ultima Online service, Ultima Online code, or Ultima Online web site that Broadsword Online Games does not specifically authorize you to modify.

1. You may not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any pirated software or other contraband while you are using the Ultima Online service or Ultima Online web site, or use the Ultima Online service or web site for any other illegal purpose. You will not post the web site address (URL) to any sites which contain sexual material, content which could harm or disrupt another user’s personal network and computer, or content which violates the Terms of Service.

1. You may not organize any guilds or groups that are based on, or espouse, any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate-mongering philosophy.

1. You may not use the Ultima Online service or Ultima Online web site for any activities other than those permitted within the game world.

1. You may not post or communicate any player’s real-world personal information, including your own, within the Ultima Online service or through the Ultima Online web site. You will not share your account password or account details with anyone, and you will not hold Broadsword Online Games responsible for any damages that you may incur from doing so.

1. You may not give false information to, or intentionally hide any information from Broadsword Online Games, such as e-mail address or billing information, which are required at the time you register with the Ultima Online service. It is your responsibility to keep this information up-to-date using the Account Management web site located at https://accounts.eamythic.com/.

1. You will follow the instructions of authorized personnel while in Ultima Online. Failure to follow instructions from official Support Staff may result in disciplinary action being taken against the account.

1. You will not violate the intellectual property rights of any third party. For example, you will not upload or transmit through the Ultima Online service or Ultima Online web site, any copyrighted content that you do not own all rights to, unless you have the express written permission of the author or copyright holder.

1. You will not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Ultima Online service.

1. You will not exploit any bug in the Ultima Online product or the Ultima Online service. You will not intentionally use or share any bug found within Ultima Online, real or fictitious, regardless of whether or not it grants an unfair advantage. You will not directly or indirectly communicate the existence of any such bug to any other user of the Ultima Online service. You will report any such exploit using the bug reporting methods as described by the Ultima Online web site at http://www.uo.com/contact.

1. You will not intentionally accept an item that has been “bugged” or otherwise manipulated outside of the designed game mechanics from anyone inside or outside the game world. The Ultima Online team has the right to confiscate any such illegal items, without reparation, even if a player had no prior knowledge of the item’s origin.

1. You will not intentionally submit misinformation, or abuse the help petition system.

1. You will not attempt to play Ultima Online on any service that is not controlled or authorized by Broadsword Online Games.

1. You will not create, use, play on or provide any server emulator or other service where Ultima Online may be played. You will not post, use or distribute any utilities, applications, emulators or other software tools related to Ultima Online that do not have the express written permission of Broadsword Online Games to be used with the Service. Information about approved software can be found here.

1. You will not do anything else that interferes with the ability of other Ultima Online users to enjoy playing the game in accordance with its rules, or that increases the expense or difficulty of Broadsword Online Games in maintaining the Ultima Online service for the enjoyment of all its users.

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU AGREE TO THESE RULES AND WILL ABIDE BY THEM.

YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THESE RULES WILL APPLY TO ANYONE THAT YOU HAVE ALLOWED TO USE, OR HAS ACCESS TO USE YOUR ULTIMA ONLINE ACCOUNT OR USER ID. YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES, WHICH COULD INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO WARNINGS, SUSPENSIONS OR TERMINATIONS OF YOUR ACCOUNT BASED ON THE VIOLATION OR ACCOUNT HISTORY RESULTING FROM ANY SUCH PERSON BREAKING THESE RULES.

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF YOUR ACCOUNT AND RIGHT TO USE THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE IS TERMINATED BY BROADSWORD FOR ANY REASON, YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO A REFUND OF ANY FEES PAID BY YOU FOR USE OF THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE AND YOU WILL FORFEIT ANY UNUSED ACCESS TIME THAT YOU HAVE REMAINING AT THE TIME OF TERMINATION.

IN ORDER TO HELP MAKE ULTIMA ONLINE A GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR EVERYONE, BROADSWORD ONLINE GAMES MAY OCCASIONALLY FIND IT NECESSARY TO MAKE CHANGES TO, OR RESET CERTAIN PARAMETERS OF, AN ON-GOING WORLD IN ORDER TO BRING IT BACK INTO BALANCE. THESE CHANGES OR RESETS MAY AFFECT CHARACTERS UNDER YOUR CONTROL AND MAY CAUSE YOU SETBACKS WITHIN THE GAME WORLD.

THESE RULES MAY BE CHANGED, AND NEW RULES MAY BE ADDED, AT ANY TIME. YOU AGREE TO CHECK THE ULTIMA ONLINE WEB SITE FROM TIME TO TIME TO REVIEW ANY RULE CHANGES THAT BROADSWORD ONLINE GAMES MAY HAVE MADE.

YOU AGREE TO READ CAREFULLY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE AGREEMENT THAT IS POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AT http://www.uo.com/agreement.html.

Harassment Policy

==============================

http://www2.ea.com/terms-of-service#section6

Disputing Disciplinary Actions

==============================

If you have any questions or concerns about any disciplinary action that is taken against you, please send an e-mail to dispute@ultimaonline.com, please include any pertinent information. We will respond to your concerns as soon as possible, and discuss any concerns that you may have.

It can be found at uo.com/support

• Just fyi there is a script that people are using that drop bagballs as they run, so yes, people are abusing, fel yew gate , they dropping bagballs in between houses to make a trap, since bagballs are impassable objects, you will 100% die. And you cant just ctrl shift that fast to pick up 4, 5, 6 , 10 bagballs all around.
    Pls fix that
    edited March 2020
    FYI unapproved 3rd party programs are already illegal, do you want them to formally make them MORE illegal?

If the extent of ultima pvp was fighting in a one tile funnel in between houses I would see the problem, however it isnt, and you can choose to just.. not walk there? #counterplay
    TY @Nikard ; I guess that last one is their catch all one.  There use to be a blocking rule, it was mainly abused in the dungeons to make it where spawn couldn't get you.  They basically made everything walk through, wounder why Bag Balls were left off the list.
  • MordredMordred Posts: 102
    another abuse og bagball!
    this is happening Everyday @Mesanna, enough is enough Please
    someone is harassing this vendor house everyday on Atlantic

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    looks like you are on the EC. 
    I heard there is a scavenge feature that will pick stuff off the ground(like reagents), so why not use that to grab bagballs?
    The point is he should not have to  do that and this is pure harassment.
  • This is not a new problem. Don't expect anything to be done because Mesanna won't. I don't know why anyone bothers to complain. :(   This was used as part of a campaign of harassment against me last year.  The forum Moderator deleted the thread and screen shots when I posted about it. The perpetrators were not punished other that Mesanna "yelling" at them in game and threatening them with a ban.  There should have been NO threat just banning of the perpetrators.  Mesanna didn't not even address it until it had been going on nonstop for 4 days and after something like 10 -15 people (including sis and I) had reported it to a GM with NO response. In fact one GM told sis and I that what they were doing was 100% LEGAL and not against the TOS.  The final slap in the face was that I was threatened with a permaban for cussing.  Talk about victim shaming and blaming.  
    The point is , they need to make ALL containers type "passable" items, just like gift boxes, I dont even know why we have bagballs in the game, people only use them to block peoples gate, block monsters (also illegal) , block dungeons entrance, block start room and I can go over and over, so why not change all containers to match gift boxes that you can just pass thru.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    I don't think any GM ques go thru while dead. It would be extremely hard to place a report in a fel situation. Even then a GM has to actually see a player placing items before actions are taken. 

Be glad it's just bagballs. In my younger years in fel we used to fill them with logs and my personal favorite was axing a crate of candelabras. Those can be a real boogar. 
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Thought they changed it so bag balls go 'poof' pretty quickly now.  They certainly do whenever I put em down, no matter where I put em down.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • As long as there's a path it isn't illegal. Doesn't make it any less crappy, but that's the rule.
  • RadstRadst Posts: 90
    Oh that Atlantic Yew shop. And WHY is this shop being "harassed"?

Every day, almost every hour or so, you will notice a hidden ninja bot stealth around Luna bank and about, dropping runes that lead to his shop.

And if you go and wait at this shop, you can easily see this bot is fully automated, busy marking runes and recalling to Luna to drop off the runes. I'm surprised that all these years no one actually noticed this and did something about it.

And IF you have read threads from other forums regarding a specific Doom Guardian Room scriptor, you'll notice this shop's crafter names is just that.

This shop belongs to one biggest and oldest scriptor who is not afraid of getting paged AT ALL.
    All that effort of doing this is for selling gold, of course, as you could easily see traces of this owner on some other forums.

So, as far as the big picture is concerned, someone is doing some sweet JUSTICE for us.
    @Radst , so you justify the act against "someone" that is "supposed" breaking any rules and using your own words "you will notice" , means you are not 100% sure, Even if you were "sure" you need to Page on them, but than you decide to Break the ToS and you decide to block his house with bagballs to prevent people to go buy from his shop?, so is ok to you break the rules? bc you feel like he deserve?, this is no difference than the guy dropping runes everyday "shop on this shop" instead of this one (that is harassment too) or the other guy that open moongates right on front of someone else shop, saying the same thing, or for those that use bots to "pretend" to buy an item of 1 vendor just so others cant. I mean no wonder everything is going bananas, because of PEOPLE like you!.  Why people cant mind their own business and leave the others alone!!!

I am Glad @Mesanna posted this message:

We have also become aware of a number of issues related to the use of impassable objects to impact other players in the game world.  Please be aware that GMs will no longer be issuing warnings for these violations and those abusing these items will face immediate action on their accounts.  Violators will receive a 72 hour ban.  We take this very seriously and we hope by doing this the behavior stops.

If I see someone doing, I will page as well...
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    On that note I think this thread can now be closed.
This discussion has been closed.