vendor search completely broken

usernameusername Posts: 687
only have been able to get a few searches complete in the last few days other wise it's been too vague crap. 
This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    And it's dragging transfers down with it. Please put vendor search on it's own server. 
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    no idea if the two are related by yea transfers have been borked too the last few weeks.

is UO out of beta yet?

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    They are related. Every time VS get's borked, transfers get dragged down with it. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    I cant even get some searches on LS. Really bad.  I get nothing on Atl.  It is very busy though.

How much money is UO loosing since the Origin site is also not working.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GemGem Posts: 37
    GL Vendor search not working most of the time either
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Pawain said:
    I cant even get some searches on LS. Really bad.  I get nothing on Atl.  It is very busy though.

How much money is UO loosing since the Origin site is also not working.
    Just used it.  Working fine. https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/browse?fq=developer:mythic-entertainment 
    Yay it works now.  The guy can buy his ToL pack and I got Sovereigns!
    @Bleak Until you guys get it figured out, Please move vendor search function to a different server than transfers. 
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    It is still broken and very annoying. It was reported BACK IN DECEMBER!!!!
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    It reportedly worked twice yesterday...so it isn't 'completely' broken...
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Just used it on all West Coast Shards with ZERO problems.
    edited April 2020
    It reportedly worked twice yesterday...so it isn't 'completely' broken...
    On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being "offline" i would give it 2.
    lol
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    I’ve only had problems a few times over the last year it seems to work very well here 
    I’m in pacific shard  
    The most weird thing I have found is that it will say my criteria is "too vague" but when I make it more vague it works (sometimes). For example if I have "not cursed" it will say too vague, if I make it more vague by removing the "not cursed" option sometimes it will give me results....
    Yes the too vaugue msg really should be... Your search took too long and it timed out.  But, refining the criteria will make the search take even longer.
  • MordredMordred Posts: 102
    What really bother us players is the huge lack of communication, they just plain ignore, i sent pm to bleak with suggestions and nada, posted here suggestions and nada or the topic closed.
    Like others suggested, this started after the Auction Safes were added, so divide the database in 2.
    But please @Bleak at least say something and stop ignoring us
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    edited April 2020
    So i just got home to play and my vendor search won't stop after a too vague search. Literally won't stop popping up if i remain at home or in a town. 
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    And now atl is down HAHAAH HAH GREAT GAME UO OUT OF BETA YET?

lol

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    All the hamsters running VS have the new virus and UO is doing their best to replace them with mecahamsters but they do take awhile for tinkers to make.

Seriously UO will not die and the sky is not falling like some want you to believe, what did you all do before VS, oh that is right we all went out and explored all the vendors we could find.
    All the hamsters running VS have the new virus and UO is doing their best to replace them with mecahamsters but they do take awhile for tinkers to make.

Seriously UO will not die and the sky is not falling like some want you to believe, what did you all do before VS, oh that is right we all went out and explored all the vendors we could find.
    Pass.  Rather have them make it work.
    Pawain said:

Pass.  Rather have them make it work.
    Yes I would like to see it work too but listening to some of these people it is like they are physically unable to play UO without VS.  Hell you would think all the Luna Shop would love the fact VS is not working, remember all the whining when UO introed Ultima Store you would have thought that UO was going to close its doors because of it and now we get to hear all the whining because it doesn't work right now.  UO is damned if they do and at the same time damned it they don't for the exact same enhancement.
  • MordredMordred Posts: 102
    isnt this amazing, You can Not post anything related to VS on General anymore, is instant locked and FORCED to Bugs section , where NO ONE check!!!!, Really trying to take the Bad rep and failure of the Main channel....and the SILENCE of Dev team related to this topic is something Out of this world... no communication At all.................
    No because there are already a thread about it, but we know some people think that they are so special that they need their name on a thread they started because someone else thread isn't good enough.  Would you rather have them talk all day long holding peoples hands with "Now don't fret little Johnny it is going to be ok" or would you rather have them working on the problem oh and we all know you experts think this is just a little 5 min fix.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    The Devs DO read the bugs forum, I assure you.
    As I have said before, several times, they will post when they have something significant to say.
    Some consideration that they too are going through the same angst as the rest of us regarding the current world situation wouldn't go amiss. They are human beings, not robots.
    We've heard this before, let's see the proof,  If it's still up and functional Friday/saturday, then good job.  I'll reserve the pompoms till then :p 
    We've heard this before, let's see the proof,  If it's still up and functional Friday/saturday, then good job.  I'll reserve the pompoms till then :p 
    But you won't reserve the sarcasm will you.
    Ummmm, no