Navrey hole busted?

It looks like only owners can access the Navrey teleport hole now.  There is no security setting on it.  Can anyone else confirm this?

Comments

• VioletViolet Posts: 368
    Confirmed the public navery hole on chesapeake can no longer be accessed by the public.

@Kyronix Is this a bug or undocumented change to functionality?
  • GheedGheed Posts: 6
    I see this:

Players who wish to donate these items to the shard-at-large should contact mesanna@broadsword.com to have them collected and placed at the EM Reward Hall for public use.

I do not agree with this at all. Isnt there any way to restore their functionality?  Like a security setting?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Why not put a public Navrey hole on all shards and let the owners keep theirs?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Pawain said:
    Why not put a public Navrey hole on all shards and let the owners keep theirs?
    This.

I don't understand the hesitation by the team.  They made em once, make em again.  Or a gate at the em hall that takes you there.  Weird, that this is even an issue
  • GheedGheed Posts: 6
    Yes by all means put one up at the em hall on each shard.  But fix mine too.  AT least make them with a security setting.  If I donated mine it wouldn't work at a tram EM hall anyway.  They only go to Navrey from a Ter Mur map.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    ARE YOU SERIOUS @Mesanna ?

fix the Navrey holes  my understanding they are server birth rares and worth a fortune and the ones that are left are open to the public

fix them immediately. 

Absolutely shocking announcement. 
    edited March 2020
    Don't let this fall away @Mesanna when are you going to fix the Navery holes that were broken in the lastest publish. And while you are at it can you finally fix the Tokuno champ spawn ,its only been a few years......

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Fine for those shards that even HAVE a Navrey Hole.  Our shard doesn't even have one.  Or if it does it is in someone's private house and no one has ever seen it.  Should be a public Navrey Hole on every shard in the Ter Mur town square.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    I for one am not disputing that there should be a navrey hole available in an EM house or something.  But what I think is REALLY bad is that the existing holes are not going to be fixed. And I don't own one, but I know where they are if I need them as they are public.

What I do have a real problem with, bearing in mind I am a paying customer, if that the solution to the things that are broken by the dev team, scripters, and failed publishes, is to take things away, change them, not listen to what we (paying customers) would like. And then farm out loads of junk in the stores and endless Fiction on uo.com to hide bad news, and also being silenced here when we dispute an injustice

For me it feels 100% like a school yard bully just making life awkward to suit themselves. And I don't NOT appreciate this trend 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    I am confused.  If they owner can give the item to an EM and the EM can make it public.  Why cant the EM make the item public and put it in the owners house?

Or just put a sparkle in Ter Mur and make a stupid quest to be able to use it.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Or even better, do away with all the silly "no-recall" mess in every area.

• usernameusername Posts: 687
    edited March 2020
    Guys

'Dungeon underworld' at a teleporter, or recall outside, and run. It takes 30 seconds. Your bugged, unintentionally released item, is not going to be fixed. This change was intentional and if she, being Mesanna, wanted to fix them she would have not released the statement about donating them. I highly doubt they are going to waste dev time fixing a dozen unintentional items. Although, they've done stranger things in the past.

/end thread
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    username said:

/end thread

Good idea.
This discussion has been closed.