Daveys Lockers

apparently daveys lockers have been changed? bug or intentional i dont know I dont know how to addess this change politely but can we stop making changes that nm ill just shutup daveys lockers are now like 50 lockdowns or more i dont know exactly

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    This was an emergency fix related to shard stability.  Look for full details on UO.com tomorrow.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    Kyronix said:
    This was an emergency fix related to shard stability.  Look for full details on UO.com tomorrow.

While I understand the need to emergency fix whatever the issue was, it's important to document these fixes as they happen especially if they can impact players during normal game play.

I did a transfer yesterday that included a davies.  Today I went to get the items off the character. Not knowing my character was now over the item limit due to a stealth patch,  a whole bag of items dropped to the ground when i moved the bag containing the locker around in my pack.  I could not of course pick it up because it was too many items.  Luckily it was in my house, but if it was at the bank where i was 30 seconds prior, I would have most likely lost the items through no fault of my own.  How many other people encountered similar situations today and may have not even noticed things dropping to the floor.                       
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    So if people spend a vet reward on a locker, because it worked one way, and then you come along and change the funtion of it to something different, that doesn't seem wrong to you @Kyronix ?  

And why were they just now affecting stability, after having been out all this time?

If the lockers are now gonna count towards storage, I want my two vet reward picks returned to me for something else.

• KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    So if people spend a vet reward on a locker, because it worked one way, and then you come along and change the funtion of it to something different, that doesn't seem wrong to you @ Kyronix ?  

And why were they just now affecting stability, after having been out all this time?

If the lockers are now gonna count towards storage, I want my two vet reward picks returned to me for something else.

Ya, something about this whole situation really stinks!
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    @Uriah_Heep - the game world is dynamic, hence those items within can be changed at anytime.  This has always been the nature of the game world.  While we work to minimize having to make changes such as this, anywhere that stability is concerned, that must come first.  This change only impacts the lockers when they are in deed form, and not when they are in locker form.  Sometimes these issues crop up when a certain level of critical mass is achieved with game objects, which is why the issue didn't manifest itself earlier in the lifespan of the Davie's Locker.  We will not be returning any vet reward picks as the core functionality of the locker remains intact.

edited March 2020
    So empty it if you need to deed it?  or what?  How do you recommend players avoid having problems with this?  @Kyronix

I'm not being obstinate here, I happen to have two of them, and want to know for sure 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited March 2020
    This is all being done on Baja Shard.

Re-Deeded Davy's Locker with 400 maps/sos  houses storage unchanged, deed with 400 maps/sos taking up 80 items counts plus 1 for the ax in pack and no change on storage gump for house.

Replaced Davy's locker in house and reopened house storage gump and nothing changes and my item count went back to 1 (ax)..

It only appears to take up item counts while in deed form and works like a BOD Book on counts while in deed form.

Logged on an account that is co-owned and opened house storage gump, no chande to house counts.

Removed maps/soss, no change to storage gump

replaced maps/soss, no change to house storage gump

So IMHO someone was hording Maps/SOSs in deeded lockers and it was causing a problem so they made them take up storage while deeded only.

TY @Kyronix for fixing this problem
    Okay, that's doable then.  Just be sure of item count when in deed form.  I can live with that lol, the big thing I wanted them for was to lighten up the house item count when maps were in there, they are still working for that, very cool.

Thanks for the info.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Just make sure if it is full that you can hold 100 items in your pack.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited March 2020
    So a full locker (500 map/mib) when deeded will now count as 500+1 (for the deed) when moving shards?

Seeking clarification.

Think a 500 count locker deeded will count as 100 +1

Like a bod book.  
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Looking earlier in the thread, Bilbo conducted an experiment and found a davies with 400 assorted maps and mibs created a deed which took up 80 lockdowns in his back pack.
  • TheoTheo Posts: 169
    If only jewelry boxes worked the same way.