What client do you play? CC or EC?

B) 
  1. What client do you prefer to play in?89 votes
    1. Classic Client
      52.81%
    2. Enhanced Client
      47.19%
A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
Tagged:

Comments

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    EC for the bump :D
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • This appears to be much closer than previous polls on other sites. I wonder why that is?   >:)
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Probalby because you actually have to have an active account and can only have ONE forum account per ea mythic account, instead of creating multiple accounts elsewhere.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    Some people have multippe UO accounts. I believe there is a guy with 24 accounts. One such person can significantly distort the results here. And they already have the accounts..don't even have to make them, like elsewhere.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Unless you have 24 master accounts you can't.  Your login is based on Master Accounts not UO Accounts.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    It would save a lot of wasted electrons if Broadsword would just publish the percent log ons for each client, they should have the numbers. After all this web site can tell what browser your using.
    The actual numbers of log ons would be secret financial info but just a % number shouldn't be ok.
    Tim said:
    It would save a lot of wasted electrons if Broadsword would just publish the percent log ons for each client, they should have the numbers. After all this web site can tell what browser your using.
    The actual numbers of log ons would be secret financial info but just a % number shouldn't be ok.
    This will never happen EA does not tell you how many subs it games has.  There is enough people using each client that closing one client over another will close UO and UO knows it.  Polls here or on Stratics prove nothing because not every player uses these forums and you leave out the Asian player base.  What is the problem with 2 clients?  does it ruin your game play knowing someone else may be playing another client?  I am just thankful that they are playing and I could care less which client the use.
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    They could display login type metrics, such as which client is being used, if they displayed it as a percentage without giving the actual number of logins. They could do that for a lot of things.

Regardless, Mesanna has repeatedly stated that the clients are pretty much evenly split...and in this instance3, she has no real reason to obfuscate.

They could display login type metrics, such as which client is being used, if they displayed it as a percentage without giving the actual number of logins. They could do that for a lot of things.

Regardless, Mesanna has repeatedly stated that the clients are pretty much evenly split...and in this instance3, she has no real reason to obfuscate.

There is a lot of things they could do but don't and telling us numbers is one they do not do.  I can't say yea or no about the split but IMHO Mesanna said they were split so neither side had a I told you so moment and left it at that.
    Bilbo said:
    Unless you have 24 master accounts you can't.  Your login is based on Master Accounts not UO Accounts.

The login for this forum is per UO account, not master account.
    As for the client split.. the CC was finally updated and will receive more updates now. So I wonder if that changes the usage. 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    You don't have an option for BOTH so I didn't vote..as I play both :)

Yes, some have pointed that out. I had in mind "Which client do you prefer to play, if you have to choose?".. but worded it this way. 
    InLor said:
    Bilbo said:

All my accounts under this master account all login into this person.  It ha already been proven, sorry.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    well... if the client wasn't used much, it wouldn't be getting updated with every patch. in development, if there is no return on work, the work is dropped. simple business, no need a poll.

• InLor said:

you are incorrect. Login for this forum absolutely is per master account.

InLor said:

you are incorrect. Login for this forum absolutely is per master account.

Yes, that was already said. :)
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    EC can't remember how to do anything in CC now.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268

CC for 90% of my gaming but EC w/ Pinco's for farming mats. The auto loot agent just can't be beat. I made 500 gorgon lens last week farming mats when it would of taken me a month using the CC.

The CC looks nicer to me. Less eye candy but also more functional for my play style.

I still can't stand how all males in the EC look like they're squatting to take a dump under their robes.

Acid_Rain said:

I still can't stand how all males in the EC look like they're squatting to take a dump under their robes.

:D 
  • AQHFAQHF Posts: 47
    I play EH, but it drives me up the wall how the paperdoll of female characters who wear boots look like they've stuffed their legs into sausage casings. I dye the boots black so they blend with the background. Wish I could stand to have my characters wear colored boots.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    edited April 2018

At least in the EC female characters stand tall. Shoulders back in a look of confident control, they look proud and formidable. My guys look constipated with bowel issues, hunched over looking for the closest toilet.

• TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    EC has a legacy (CC) option for the paper dolls. It has legacy option for containers, targeting, chat - many things.  You can even have the look of CC spell/ability icons scattered all over the place if you make each hotbar 1-icon only and put it where ever you want. Don't need any extra UI for these, just have to dig around in options a bit.

I use CC to check my deco because some things don't sit the same, and I also check my outfits to make sure neither client looks horrid on me. I'm vain like that. (For example, my favorite EC long curly hair turns out to be the fro in CC. Nothin against the fro, but not my style.) I also use CC for house customization because EC fails. EC health bars are constantly hiccuping and require a relog to fix. EC all names has issues. EC circle of trans is a bit of a joke.

However, CC has issues of its own and for me the pros of EC far outweigh CC.
  • PinkertonPinkerton Posts: 105
    I play CC because I think the art is fantastic, it is nostalgic.   But I will say EC functionality is luring me over.
    Also EC art/animations/graphics are ugly as sin.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    Most EC art seems to be the same to me as CC. The landscape, creatures, and spell animations are the only differences that I notice. Things like container art and character screen can be set to CC artwork. Most items and building aspects look basically the same to me, though.

I like some CC art more than EC, but mostly I like EC art more. EC Cu Sidhe for example is just lovely. EC hyru though... not so much lol. But then, I have not been playing UO for as long as others, so the nostalgia factor is different for me.
    Tanager said:
    Most EC art seems to be the same to me as CC. The landscape, creatures, and spell animations are the only differences that I notice. Things like container art and character screen can be set to CC artwork. Most items and building aspects look basically the same to me, though.

I like some CC art more than EC, but mostly I like EC art more. EC Cu Sidhe for example is just lovely. EC hyru though... not so much lol. But then, I have not been playing UO for as long as others, so the nostalgia factor is different for me.
    I did not know I could use CC player Art in EC.  I guess I should give it another chance.
  • AQHFAQHF Posts: 47
    Tanager said:
    EC has a legacy (CC) option for the paper dolls. 
    I used that for awhile, and it was nice, until I discovered that dragon scale armor is shown as plain ugly armor on the female paper doll, which is what my main character wears. It works for male characters, though.
    edited April 2018
    I would put all efforts into upgrading CC to have all the features of EC, and then kill EC. I've given EC a chance a million times. It's simply an abomination. I don't like 80% of the graphics. While the 2d art is actually in style (retro) and aged pretty well, the 3D just looks dated.

It's not just aesthetics either. Many things don't look right in EC in a functional sense. Pet colors, armors, hues. Next, the gameplay doesn't feel or look right. The characters are too big for the mounts. They look dorky. The walking/running feels completely out of sync. The legs don't actually land on the ground, they glide. The gait is all wrong. It goes on and on.While the CC has the stop-motion framerate (this can be upgraded), it just feels snappier, tighter and smoother to play in.

Back to the graphics. Here's a simple example, the energy vortex:
    CC

EC

CC: A cool, actual vortex-like looking graphic
    EC: Hazy blue bloud with sparkles. 

Yeah, no. There is no end to examples like this, where the EC version is just shabby, whack, unfitting... you name it.

I would revamp the classic client, call it Classic Client Enhanced. Allow for macros/settings to be copied over from EC and add all top EC features (grid containers, zoom, screen resize, etc.).. then dump EC already. I would replace some of the CC art where it clearly seems fitting and aesthetically an upgrade (certain tiles, creatures), etc.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    AMEN  How can you honestly play something you can not stand to look at.