Soulbound Creatures

So, apparently Soulbound creatures are still around, even though you can no longer spend points from the turn in. Orc Crews on Plunderbeacons and Pirate Ships are still Soulbound Pumpkinheads, and therefore aren't vulnerable to Orc Slayer nor Repond Slayer (which is tied to their graphic), which is disappointing.

@Kyronix Any particular reason for Soulbound creatures to still be around?

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I was also wondering if the soulbinders will be used again. 
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    Me too, Cinderella, I guess I made way too many of them and was too optimistic, now not sure what to do with the 200 or so I have, but they're sure taking up my needed storage.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited March 2020
    Yeah, i intended to return to farming Plunderbeacons for Tritons, and was hoping that the Orc crew would return to their usual Orc graphic so that my Orc Slayer Soul Glaive would work on them again. 100% DI from Gear + 200% DI from Orc Slayer = 300% PvM Damage Cap.
    They're quite a bit harder as Pumpkinheads since Orc Slayer no longer applies to them, and i have to rely on EoO+Called Shot to get anywhere near the 300% PvM Damage Cap on them.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I don’t really get why the turn in points npc is gone. Are my points gone too? I wonder. Odd too because the elf from Christmas event is still in Skara iirc. It also appears you can still turn in soulbinders at the fellowship. Makes no sense. 
    (Atlantic shard)
  • Well, looks like this has now been fixed. Yay!

Publish 108 Hotfixes
    "Removed pumpkin-styling from HS content & disabled the collection of souls into soulbinders."

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    From the latest M&G:

: [Crystal] Woozoo says: Any chance that the beacons on sea are removed? They are annoying for pirate and merchant hunters.
    : [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: greetings
    : [Crystal] Woozoo says: heya
    : [Crystal] Kyronix says: We have no plans to remove those
    : [Crystal] Woozoo says: too bad
    : [Crystal] Kyronix says: We are looking to expand the rewards from that content cluster in a future publish
    : [Crystal] Kyronix says: As they are quite popular

Sweet!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    dvvid said:
    I don’t really get why the turn in points npc is gone. Are my points gone too? I wonder. Odd too because the elf from Christmas event is still in Skara iirc. It also appears you can still turn in soulbinders at the fellowship. Makes no sense. 
    (Atlantic shard)
    Yes this is annoying. I had loads of points that I didn't spend and due to a change in circumstances I wasn't able to play UO to use them before the NPC was removed.