ToT!!

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,945Moderator
    They can stack, Jack. I have several of the pale pigments from the third ToT. They work like runic tools, double click one, target the other.
    only the 3rd set of pigments will drop.
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    The minor dyes were stackable.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited March 2020
    You can combine them like other dyes.  But they lose turn in value.

And I did not infer the Mempo would not be a rare drop like it was.  I meant players will do ToT with or without it. Sad the chest has a small gump in CC.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    Yeah, I love that chest. That and so many of my "old" chest are still small-gumped and judging from dev-comments in another thread, will stay that way.

Oh well - looking forward to playing around with ToT again. I wonder if the Ancient Anvil will alter some of those things.....
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    So will there be a 300 luck Memp?
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    He said the latest version of ToT.  So yes, Virgina, there will be mempos!  =D
  • Thanks for turning this on.  It will be a nice blast from the past!

• PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited March 2020
    Melchiah said:
    A few additional flutes of renewal to support the bards will be welcome too, and of course the pigments. Not everything always has to be about Uber equipment, but I'd be happy with a mempo or two!

Yep. Arachnid Slayer and Elemental Slayer being the most useful, with Repond/Undead/Demon/Reptile being covered by Iolo's Lute and Gwenno's Harp. Nature's Tears has Fey Slayer.
    Arachnid Slayer FoR great for Navrey, and Elemental great for Anon.

During previous ToTs, i used to stealth around the Beetlescape on my Stealth/Fencer and 1 shot the Evil Mage Lords with Shadow Strike from a Night's Kiss (Repond) dagger. Evil Mage Lords are plentiful there, respawn quickly, and have 10k+ Fame, so they're pretty good for farming ToT minors. Everyone else there was getting murdered by the Rune Beetles as i was going Tenchu: Stealth Assassin on the Mages.

Nowadays though, a Sampire can just waltz in there with a Repond Double Axe and a Beetle Slayer Talisman equipped, and butcher the entire area. Looks like this Talisman is going to be getting some more use (i usually use it when farming Undamaged Iron Beetle Scales).

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited March 2020
    I did not know all the Mobs could give drops.  We just did the Serado spawn over and over when it was active. So I assumed it was just spawn Mobs.  I have a feeling we will do the spawn over and over again tho.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    If I read right, anything except cranes lol.  We got most of ours off kappas and lower level whatnot, because we could just plow thru them without worrying about where the healer was lol,  Of course, I am sure the higher the level the spawn, the more the drops...
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    The spawn was great. People also camped the elementals in the mines, fandancers in the dojo and the room with the daemons because it's almost insta spawn. The tuski warrior place was always camped. 

It's going to be hard to find a nice spot that isn't taken.
  • NikardNikard Posts: 164
    Buying luck mempos, 250k each =D
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Can't wait to see the afk scripters back at it..congrats.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    @Garth_Grey I want to say there is a button for this sort of thing.. *thinking*
    edited March 2020
    The Tokuno Marty drop chance is based on three things.
    1. Luck
    2. Creature's Fame Level
    3. Kills. The more creatures you kill, the higher the chance to get a drop becomes until you get a drop, then it resets.

Remember, Leurocian's Mempo was a fairly rare drop, just one potential drop among many. Don't expect the market to be flooded with them on Day 1.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    all other major or minor are trash points so it will not be farm that much
    edited March 2020
    Running around the Beetlescape slaughtering everything with my Sampire, equipped with a 100% Fire Repond Double Axe and a Beetle Slayer talisman. Two shotting Rune Beetles. Frequently getting drops. Might as well call me "Orson the Beetle Slayer", i feel like this.

• ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    Let us know when you get a mempo, I do NOT remember them dropping from the original TOT and my daughters and I did that for hours and hours and more hours and we sure never got any.

• FortisFortis Posts: 408
    someone got one in my shard this morning so they drop
  • monkgamermonkgamer Posts: 100
    ive killed hundreds of things no drops at all. any advice? luck is only 100 but shpuld still be getting something 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    I have zero luck on a swordsman after 5 kills revenant loin got a light green dye 

also lost my brightblade after bringing it to 255 durability last night those have a glitch in them 3rd one I lost after 20 minutes of use 
  • In 3 hours about 10+ drops . Hairloom chest in bank, rest colors and non usable armor and weapon drops in bag. No mempo.
    Got more than one drop after hitting llamas. A mate got a drop from killing a bear.
    No significant increase when wearing 1700 old luck armor.
  • GrimGrim Posts: 16
    Confirmed the bugs are still included with this release! 

As a bug, small samples of Blackrock would sometimes drop in a character's pack instead of an artifact (similar to how Miners are randomly awarded with it in place of special Gems).

@Parnoc They were not a part of the original ToT, and as developers stated multiple times, it would be the most recent version, which DID include them.
  • GheedGheed Posts: 6
    There are no greater dyes on turn in.  Was this mentioned somewhere?
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 884
    The major dyes were turned off years ago when they added them to the store

it seems they are spending more time churning out things for profit than actually concentrating on the game

• psychopsycho Posts: 284
    I think this ToT should be fast and swift, removed in a month or so.  I did ToT back in the days a decade ago, I loved it, thought it only applied to the dungeons but its the whole continent. Which also unfortunately opens for bad activities.

My reason for a removal of ToT after a month is the fact that the artis is fairly easy to get, and lets be honest apart from the mempo (and maybe one other) the artis be it minor or major is just outdated. Theres no need to flood the shards with low intensity artifacts, and the dyes are in the UOstore so you cant get the major dyes from ToT, which was a big part of ToT in the firstplace.

So far Ive gotten about 20 lesser artis, no mempo so far, but I dont really need it, and I will get more artis in the next weeks.

Thanks for the devs activating this Gem, its really a Gem as the drops are related to the continent it drops on and its a reward system anyone can participate in, and the rewards are guaranteed build upto a major reward. Abit of lore and story around ToT and this would be a flawless Gem, even with the out of date artifacts!

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,945Moderator
  • GheedGheed Posts: 6
     Mariah said:
    Ah I was looking at the pub 108 notes and links that said they were part of it but maybe not part of it.  That isnt very helpful I guess.  I missed this one.  Thank you!
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Killed random stuff for about 30 minutes last night, got Ancient Farmers Kasa, the minor bokuto and a green pigment. Serado was at 4 red candles, with traps all around and no spawn.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.