Consideration

Some weeks back Lucian Flame sent the call out to all of us carnival folks that he was itching to set up again for some fun.  Lucian had chosen Great Lakes this time around and scouted about for a suitable location which he found on the Crumbling Continent.  

Four plots were set down, four paid accounts, in an area which gave no restrictions. Construction began, goods were transferred and on March 12th, with help from some good folks on Great Lakes, especially the person gating from Luna when our "official" gate never materialized,  Lucian Flame's Wee Carnival was opened to all.  We had a great time watching everyone have so much fun and had planned to leave the carnival as it stood to open it again on Great Lakes before moving to another shard. It is, after all, a carnival, and they travel around a good deal.

On Tuesday, March 16th, this message from Lucian Flame to all the carnies:

"Alright everyone. This was in an email from mesanna. It isn't snipped from a larger message, this is it.
 I would like to delete these houses in Malas, when will they be empty?  BTW heard it was a good turnout.  Good job on organizing this for the players.

...."

As you can imagine there was much confusion and gnashing of teeth...  delete player houses from a legal location? None of us understood it.. at all.  Lucian made an effort to get an explanation, this was the answer (Thurs March 19th):

"Just know those houses were not supposed to be a permanent structure.  The player base would have my back side if I did that.  If you need longer thank a week please let me know."

Now, it appears to me that she has mistakenly confused our little carnival with some other event as I can see no reason why any player housing is "not supposed to be a permanent structure".  

Couple things of note -
I checked the first ten shards on the list, only three have no player houses on that island (Chesapeake, Origin and Sonoma).  
The island due north of the one that housed our carnival, on at least three shards, has elaborate, and large, apparently EM-made mazes (did not try any of them, so no idea if they are still functional or leftovers).  

Three of the plots belonged to Lucian, they are gone now. The other plot is mine and is cleared off. It's not the plots... had we been asked to move, told why it would be necessary, anything other than "clear out, I'm deleting them" then I would not be here. But we weren't given any courtesy whatsoever, so here I am.

and because I don't like anyone hiding out under different names

--- DevilsOwn (Stratics)
--- GrimswindSisters (official forums)

Comments

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Can't like this, on this board.

So I'll settle for IBTL

• jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    OUCH.  Surprised...not.  FWIW, I did not attend, but heard good things about it! Thank you.
    Was a nice crowd, who seemed to enjoy themselves a lot.  But I guess we won't be seeing another one now.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    So who placed those houses, sounds to me like @Mesanna placed them for your event and now she wants to remove them.
  • second paragraph, Bilbo

• many pardons, I don't see a way to edit original post

for reference, this is where our carnival was set up

Your OP does not say you placed them and you even post a note saying that Just know those houses were not supposed to be a permanent structure.  That sounds like she placed them for you and now you are whining about that she wants to remove them and Lucian Flame did so and what you are just here shit stirring a pot.

• Not understanding how you can miss this Bilbo - the first line in the second paragraph:

"Four plots were set down, four paid accounts, in an area which gave no restrictions."

and further down, these two lines: 

"Three of the plots belonged to Lucian, they are gone now. The other plot is mine and is cleared off. "

Don't know how I can make it any clearer to you......  four accounts, player accounts, four properly placed houses.  
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    The carnival plots were nicely designed and really sold the theme.

GL players also seemed to really enjoy it, I heard only good things. We're sorry that it isn't there to be enjoyed again  :'(
  • PenderrinPenderrin Posts: 13

Many hours and a lot of money (the four paid accounts specifically opened for this) were invested in this production for everyone to enjoy. It could have all been condensed into one house but we wanted it all out on the open grass. It was disheartening to say the least to have it come down to little more than an hour of enjoyment for the shard. It would have all come down eventually once we had gone through the donation stockpile (a Great Lakes benefactor) but the abruptness really was like a kick in the teeth, enough so to be discouraging. 

The carnival plots were nicely designed and really sold the theme.

GL players also seemed to really enjoy it, I heard only good things. We're sorry that it isn't there to be enjoyed again  :'(

Thank you for the kind words. I am happy to hear that the results matched the intentions.

Bilbo said:
    Your OP does not say you placed them and you even post a note saying that Just know those houses were not supposed to be a permanent structure.  That sounds like she placed them for you and now you are whining about that she wants to remove them and Lucian Flame did so and what you are just here shit stirring a pot.

Don't know why you're trolling the thread when you could be working on reading comprehension instead.

Carnival was fun, always enjoyed it.  Not sure it will be worth the effort for some of us in the future if it is gonna get trolled even by the producer of the game.

I'm sure we will never know the real reason, nor get an apology or reconstruction.

Now I'll sit back and wait on the pompom waivers to appear to explain how it was a simple misunderstanding and all Pen's fault.
  • SoldahouseSoldahouse Posts: 129
    well that is kind of strange. I placed and sold a house in that area 2 days ago on Atl. Just ran there on GL and placed a house next to the plot you guys still have there without any problems. Im going to wave the pompoms and say it is a misunderstanding. Go there now and replace those plots because you can. 
    lol
    You have any idea how many hours were spent creating the circus/carnival designs?  
    Tossing down a plot is not an issue, thats easy.  the weeks in building...is another story

• GrimswindSistersGrimswindSisters Posts: 37
    edited March 2020
    @Dot_Warner - thank you! We have done a carnival seven? times now and this was the finest we had ever produced. Lucian Flame, aka Penderrin, is so very good at designing things for fun.

@Soldahouse -  Aunt E, aka me!, would enjoy a neighbor for as long as it lasts. Sadly, I don't see rebuilding as an option, as this situation robbed too many of us of our enthusiasm.
    "as this situation robbed too many of us of our enthusiasm."

You would think the powers that be would try to support player events (kinda like they do the raress fests) to keep interest generated and people entertained.
    Hell, we've been stood up on gates the last two times, they won't even show and put them up.

Really irritated over this.
    Well, this got the response from the powers-that-be that I kinda expected.  Silence.

And that old excuse that "she didn't have time to respond because of getting the publish out" won't fly.  She had plenty of time to stick her nose in where it didnt belong, and tell paying customers their houses needed torn down.
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 237
    Some weeks back Lucian Flame sent the call out to all of us carnival folks that he was itching to set up again for some fun.  Lucian had chosen Great Lakes this time around and scouted about for a suitable location which he found on the Crumbling Continent.  

Four plots were set down, four paid accounts, in an area which gave no restrictions. Construction began, goods were transferred and on March 12th, with help from some good folks on Great Lakes, especially the person gating from Luna when our "official" gate never materialized,  Lucian Flame's Wee Carnival was opened to all.  We had a great time watching everyone have so much fun and had planned to leave the carnival as it stood to open it again on Great Lakes before moving to another shard. It is, after all, a carnival, and they travel around a good deal.

On Tuesday, March 16th, this message from Lucian Flame to all the carnies:

"Alright everyone. This was in an email from mesanna. It isn't snipped from a larger message, this is it.
     I would like to delete these houses in Malas, when will they be empty?  BTW heard it was a good turnout.  Good job on organizing this for the players.

...."

As you can imagine there was much confusion and gnashing of teeth...  delete player houses from a legal location? None of us understood it.. at all.  Lucian made an effort to get an explanation, this was the answer (Thurs March 19th):

"Just know those houses were not supposed to be a permanent structure.  The player base would have my back side if I did that.  If you need longer thank a week please let me know."

Now, it appears to me that she has mistakenly confused our little carnival with some other event as I can see no reason why any player housing is "not supposed to be a permanent structure".  

Couple things of note -
    I checked the first ten shards on the list, only three have no player houses on that island (Chesapeake, Origin and Sonoma).  
    The island due north of the one that housed our carnival, on at least three shards, has elaborate, and large, apparently EM-made mazes (did not try any of them, so no idea if they are still functional or leftovers).  

Three of the plots belonged to Lucian, they are gone now. The other plot is mine and is cleared off. It's not the plots... had we been asked to move, told why it would be necessary, anything other than "clear out, I'm deleting them" then I would not be here. But we weren't given any courtesy whatsoever, so here I am.

and because I don't like anyone hiding out under different names

--- DevilsOwn (Stratics)
    --- GrimswindSisters (official forums)

your whole story is a lie. your buddy obviously faked an email and deleted his houses stop blaming the dev's.
    lol.  Here come da cheerleaders

• your whole story is a lie. your buddy obviously faked an email and deleted his houses stop blaming the dev's.

I cannot believe you actually posted this - won't defend myself to someone that doesn't know
    No response.  I know @Mesanna is hoping this will go away.  But a few of us won't let that happen.  Until she says something, gives a reason.  
  • PenderrinPenderrin Posts: 13
    edited March 2020
    There was a response yesterday and it's being addressed. I'm sorry I didn't get back here sooner but a lot going on and slipped by me.
  • the outcome

Yes, it's been nearly a year, but thought I would fill you all in on how things turned out.  Penderrin received an email.....
    Penderrin said:
    There was a response yesterday and it's being addressed. I'm sorry I didn't get back here sooner but a lot going on and slipped by me.

..... but nothing was addressed.  A time (3pm if memory serves) was set to meet, with Mesanna, at the location of the carnival houses on Great Lakes.  I arrived a bit earlier than Pen, but both of us were there probably 15 minutes early.

We waited nearly an hour.  Nobody showed up.  No message about missing the appointment.  No further communication whatsoever.  At that point we gave up.

And to those of you that will still say that all of this was somehow our fault.... yah, you know what to do.
    So after all this time you are trying to get us to believe this story about how you have been mistreated and you are still here almost a year later still paying your subs and please do not tell me it is because you are still waiting to get this resolved.  This whole thig is nothing but pure bullshit because if it were true then you would have stopped playing after you sub ran out at the very least.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    This is not the place to resolve this issue.
This discussion has been closed.