Dev's, What was the point of asking for feedback on test for idocs? Publish 108

JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 902
edited March 2020 in General Discussions
90% of people did NOT want vet rewards to disappear in idocs and you completely IGNORE all of what we suggested.

So my question is WHAT WAS THE POINT OF ASKING FOR FEEDBACK?

You are not interested in our opinions at all? you have treated us with complete disregard? I for one find this completely unacceptable.

Will it take a mass exodus and you jobs in jeopardy for you to actually listen to your customers?

Shocking

While I sam at it I cant actually see much at all implemented from our feed back. 

You are just forcing through YOUR thoughts in publish 108. As far as I can see it has not changed from its original inception. So 13 odd pages of feedback totally ignored. I wonder did any of you actually read ANY of it?

Comments

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    IBTL   :D
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    sad, but true.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,041
     :D 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,041
    edited March 2020
    We can get 100 junk swords with 10 splintering that someone kept.
    Deleting items that an average player can use is not a good change. Rewards, resources, teleport tiles, etc  are what many players would be excited to find.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    We can get 100 junk swords with 10 splintering that someone kept.
    Deleting items that an average player can use is not a good change. Rewards, resources, teleport tiles, etc  are what many players would be excited to find.

Those are overpowered...
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 902
    This also applies to stacked items that players wanted to be deeded, and not have commodity deeds deleted.  This was also ignored 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    90% of people did NOT want vet rewards to disappear in idocs and you completely IGNORE all of what we suggested.

You are not interested in our opinions at all? you have treated us with complete disregard? I for one find this completely unacceptable.

Will it take a mass exodus and you jobs in jeopardy for you to actually listen to your customers?

Shocking

While I sam at it I cant actually see much at all implemented from our feed back. 

You are just forcing through YOUR thoughts in publish 108. As far as I can see it has not changed from its original inception. So 13 odd pages of feedback totally ignored. I wonder did any of you actually read ANY of it?
    Where did you get that 90% of people did not want that ? Was this a poll ? If you want a vet reward choose one.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Shocking

Where did you get that 90% of people did not want that ? Was this a poll ? If you want a vet reward choose one.
    Thanks, really useful 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209
    I think it's a smart move. It'll increase value of things we used to buy for practically nothing.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    I CAN tell you, I will not do any more testing for this team. They have no desire to get actual feedback!!!!! They know what they want/are going to do, and are just looking, and praying for someone to agree with them. The current team is reminding me of a Yahoo article, where 95% of the comments are against something, but the article posts 3 "tweets" in favor of it, and then try to say how good it is!
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    I'm going to take a risk and post some non-negativity here.  In a Beta test, Devs will get two basic types of feedback. Most importantly, they are looking for bugs and major things they overlooked.  Second, they are looking for design modifications (suggestions).  The shorter the beta period, the less likely the second type will have any immediate impact.  A change to the design automatically means more testing for bugs therein plus unanticipated side effects.

This doesn't mean suggestions will be completely ignored.  I'm sure they keep a database of ideas for future consideration, with entries from both players and the Devs themselves.  A future publish might well incorporate some previously suggested ideas, but built in from the start instead of being added onto during mid-test.

In other words, just because your ideas are "ignored" now, does not mean they will not have an impact in a later publish.  They wisely keep silent about what they think of your suggestions, even if they feel such&such is a great idea.  Anything positive they say will get misconstrued as a promise, and being on a short leash from EA, they know they are seldom in a position to make promises.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • monkgamermonkgamer Posts: 100
    edited March 2020
    They did the same thing when they nerfed bards, asked for ideas to makie barding better. well, after about 10000 pages of awesome ideas, they said " none of these ideas are what we had in mind"

this proves they were hoping someone would give an idea of what they were already going to do no matter what, and say they take our ideas into account.

I dont know if its the same team, but usually, devs form all games have the same type of mind set.

but, i actually this time, do see they took our advice on idocs, i seen a lot of ideas they used such as placing items randomly in packs etc.

But I do think vet rewards should not disappear.

• KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited March 2020
    Getting feedback and responding to it are two different things. 

That said, Kyronix did spend some time explaining to me the 'why" behind deleting resources - and it makes sense to me, particularly after he explained it and why the stackables along with commodity deeds are deleted.

As for the Vet rewards - although I don't like it, from a business point I can see the reason for that as well and accept it.

The Dev team understands our deepest collective desire is to rid the game of scripters and the RMT guys. 
    The IDOC changes are geared to do that. What better way to shut down business than to deplete the available inventory? We see it happening IRL with grocery stores right now - suppliers are struggling with the demand, items are not being delivered, stores are running out of inventory and closing. I see it already with smaller grocery stores in urban areas, and already there are whispers of some localized grocery chains (not the huge big-box guys) having to close temporarily because they cannot get inventory - like fresh veggies and meat.

The same thing will happen with the RMT guys who employ scripters to gain their inventory from the IDOCs.

So here's some advice for everyone:
    Pay your account(s), stop playing 90-day roulette, store your most precious items (soul stones & vet rewards) if you think you will not be able to manage the expense of your UO-addiction for a long period.
  • Will the next newsletter explain the reasons or is such an information only revealed in a one2one situation.

And before someone ask, I have problems with the time zone difference to meet the dev on tc.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Problem is, the gold sellers have 1000s of these items and will probably never sell out. So, this hurts the honest player...once again. The team is trying. Just not quite there yet. Don't delete the vet rewards, focus on the scripters/cheaters a tad harder. 
    Y'all still haven't figured it out... smh
  • Kirthag said:
    The Dev team understands our deepest collective desire is to rid the game of scripters and the RMT guys. 
    The IDOC changes are geared to do that.
    No they're not. None of these changes tackle the root of the problem which is unapproved third party programs that can run scripts (and 100% safe from "player justice" in Trammel too).
  • I completely get the frustration of the OP.
    I know at least 40-50 people on Siege who are equally disappointed and believe this is a bad "fix". With past experiences of how player feedback is treated, however, none of them was interested to provide feedback or engage in discussions because they consider this a lost cause. And unfortunately it seems like they were right :-/

The idea that by getting rid of vet rewards at idocs is fixing the problem is just so stupid its untrue. Almost like these Devs don't know their product or customers. This game is a commodity to be sold and they are the worst salespeople I have ever seem (I think)

Mesanna proved that yet again that she does NOT care on the recent joke M&G when she refused to talk about idocs and that they were going ahead anyway. And if she did the answer was  "NO"  Pathetic attitude

Be kinda funny if there was a mass exodus and she started struggling, but I guess she will just go somewhere else. The customers are the last thing on her mind, thats for sure

Now the RMT and scripters or whatever you want to call them have massive amounts of vet rewards in stock. So everyday players now lose a chance to attain them. we no w HAVE to buy form them on either RMT sites, inflated vendors or go without. Super thanks
    So how about the devs look up certain items on the database and see where there are loads stacked away, there's a clue for them......... But that takes effort and they would rather fire out more shit for the store instead of dealing the with the core problem and thats cheats, 3rd party software and RMT sellers. DO YOUR JOB

And with regards to a certain troll attacking idocers morals. I have done a lot fo thinking on this play style, the morality of it, and it was not me that made these people quit. 100% Dev team decisions and cheats. If there is ever an idoc that result din a sad passing them I have done my utmost to save and give items to guild members families etc. In fact most idocers I know do.

But I do not have any sympathy for 90 days roulette players. Thats on you.......
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    Just a random thought 

You all do realize the core cause of all the complaints about deleting Veteran rewards is because at one time they did listen to the "players". Would this be an issue if veteran rewards were still age restricted? (10 yr reward only usable by 10 yr old account)  A change that was put in at the request of player apparently.
  • monkgamermonkgamer Posts: 100
    they need to not delete vet rewards, thats the dumbest idea ever. change it.
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    Oh and probably to be deleted.

A vulture who only prays on dumb tourists who wander out into the desert and do it to them selves is still a vulture.
    This change makes sense. It's eventually going to create a super sink and give more options to making decent gold when current resource stocks dwindle.

The vet rewards isn't a big deal unless you're a reseller. It'll give more incentive to leave an account on and not 90 day it. 

Urge said:
    This change makes sense. It's eventually going to create a super sink and give more options to making decent gold when current resource stocks dwindle.

The vet rewards isn't a big deal unless you're a reseller. It'll give more incentive to leave an account on and not 90 day it. 

LOL
    Really?
    You think people will pay to keep an account open to age it to whatever age needs to be, at $13 a month, instead of just paying $50 one time to get it?

hmmm
    Urge said:

LOL
    Really?
    You think people will pay to keep an account open to age it to whatever age needs to be, at $13 a month, instead of just paying $50 one time to get it?

hmmm
    There are lots of players that refuse to buy from the store or 3rd party. Getting multiple rewards per year would average out to the cost of aging the account. 

But i guess you could also be right. There are also people that rage quit on a whim so they might be better off with a quick purchase.  ;)
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,789
    The devs do take feedback and act on it.  With their first proposal of just getting rid of the house sign ways to script around it were quickly found. Then when their second proposal was tested on Test Center it was found to favor players with masteries and high skills which scripters would have no problem getting. They listened to people and made it so players would not needed a dedicated IDOC character and still compete against the scripters. They listened and shortened the time when the trade minister barks out the next idoc location. They listened and increased the number of charges on the anvil.

There are some things that the devs can not do like not doing a revamp on Fel IDOCs or not deleting resources or vet rewards.  Those are already planned to happen.
  • they could, however, explain their reasoning for this. To this day I have not seen a convincing explanation of why account bound items and vet rewards need to be deleted. It just doesn't make sense to me. Give me a good reason and I will reconsider.

I agree that in the cases mentioned above the devs did take feedback and adjusted their plans and I appreciate that!
  • MagichandsMagichands Posts: 141
    To be honest i have no idea what is their reasons of this choice, but my idea is that many veteran rewards are multi-tile and so the system can't handle well the phase between vetaran reward multi-tile become deed and the deed finish in the barrels... So there was the risk to having a part of the veteran reward in a barrel and another part in a different barrel... I'm not an expert of coding so maybe it's stupid my idea  :p