Broadsword are you going to give a State of the U(O)nion ?

With all of the current changes going on and especially the potential stoppage of non essential businesses, can you update us on what effect it will have on the servers ? Will they continue to run unattended if you guys are prevented from going into the office in the future ? I would love to ask the same of companies like Netflix, Amazon , Disney and other internet streaming services, but I"m not a member of their forums. We're all eventually going to be home bound with nothing to do but watch movies and play online games, that is until the Internet drops offline god forbid because it's not deemed as essential. Anyway I"m not playing Chicken Little, I think it's a legit question and it would be cool if you could let us know @Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix ; Your silence on the forums leads me to believe that you're doing the same thing we're doing which is making sure our families have what we need for the coming weeks/months, but if you could take a minute and let us know what the immediate future holds I"m sure it would appreciated.

Thank you
You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Comments

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Maybe i'm underestimating this but i think people are acting super bat crap crazy.

Makes me wonder how many guilds made a pact to meet up and run together if this is the start of the end? 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Same way it is handled every week-end/holiday/shut down.  They have a person come in and do daily maint/backup.  It could prob be done from home for all we know.
  • As far as I know the servers are running on aws(Amazon web services).
    So they are remote to any office of BS.
    Just do a traceroute to one of the servers. 4 e. Tracert Atlantic.Owo.Com
    To see servernames.
    Or did I misunderstood the question?

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    I don't see why they aren't already working from home.  
  • MesannaMesanna Posts: 9Dev
    Greetings everyone,

To ensure the safety of the team we are working from home.  This in no way affects the running of UO in any way.  We will be publishing Origin tomorrow as planned and going WW with Publish 108 the following week. 

We hope everyone stays safe and healthy in the upcoming days!

Mesanna
  • Thanks for telling all is good. Stay safe Team! :)
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    If they woulda allowed working from home sooner, they would still have some of those good peeps they lost who didn't want to move all over the country

• Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    Its good to hear that the Team is safe and home..  
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Thank you
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.