Pub 108 - Vet Reward Feedback

KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
edited February 2020 in Test Center
Feedback related to Publish 108 Vet Rewards

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I love the crafting stations.
    Love that you can dye the granite cart & the enchanting sculpting tool.

Ever since we saw spoilers in the last newsletter,  I have heard some ask about the war boar.
    I think it looks awesome, but some has commented that they wished the blue color could be red.
    I have wondered why it says Ethereal, but you can't make it ethereal (with the Retouching Tool).
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    I want to thank the Devs for adding to the Vet Rewards but when are we going to get a Vet Reward turn in system for all the old useless vet rewards.
    edited February 2020

I personally love the Blue stripes, but there are lot of people who would prefer the stripes to be red.

someone pointed out that the publish notes says it can't be altered by Retouching Tool. Can you take Ethereal off of the name, because its misleading?
    edited February 2020

thank you for making these dyeable...

the publish notes doesn't say the Enchanted Sculpting Tool is dyeable.
    I love that you can dye them... please leave it dyeable... LOVE how you can color them.

Can you change the amount of granite you can get from the granite cart?
    the ore and gem carts give 10 a day and caps out at 100.
    why can't these do the same?
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    Love the war boar - i'll be getting that when Pub 108 goes live! And the kiln as well, but too bad the soulbinders will no longer be needed by then - it would have been nice to have had something to make the soulbinder assembly line more efficient and less time consumig.
  • Please enable dyeing of mining carts.
    As a messie my favorite vet reward is still the garden shed. I cannot throw things away. 
    Even the crafting stations looks good I seldom need thoose crafting skills.
    But there are others which may love them.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

The granite cart does not face the correct way. When you select East the cart points South and when you select South the cart points East.  I compared this with the behavior of the ore cart.

Can the granite cart have the option to supply sand instead of granite? Just like the ore cart has options for either ore or gems it would be nice if the granite cart has the option to give either granite or sand.

For the ice fiend statuette I would make the body bigger and the wings smaller. As it currently is the wings seem too large compared to the body.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    Can you please make the war boar color to be changed it’s way to bright allow others to enjoy this new mount must of us don’t like the blue at all 
    same with the black wolf store bought mount with the red finger nail polish allow us to dye the colored parts I’m 

thank you 
  • Is there a reason that the sound is turned off on the New Ice Fiend, Goat & Pig ?
    The vet reward obelisk is not giving out items at the moment.  I tried it out on two characters.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited March 2020
    Kyronix, I'm sure you have all thought about this, but I'm going to mention it again. 

Why not alter the Vet Reward program so that instead of in game items, an account would get 300 Sovereigns (or something thereabouts) as their "Vet Reward" after 365 paid days, move all the current Vet Reward items into the store, and let players use their Sovereigns (Vet Reward and purchased) on whatever they want, or stockpile the Sovs for a more expensive reward if the player wishes? 

Just because someone put in Vet Rewards many moons ago, doesn't mean you all have to continue it. Times change, maybe it's time to rethink what a Vet Reward actually is, or should be? The playerbase is already pretty divided. Maybe removing one of those divisions (Account Age) would be beneficial, while still recognizing customer loyalty with Sovs?

That type of a system would allow all those items to be available to everyone, at a price paid directly to UO.

It would also mean the development time put into those items, both past and future, would be beneficial to the entire customer base, rather than an increasingly smaller portion (by account age) of said customer base.

As always, good luck!
    -Arroth
    Can you please tone down the neon blue on the war boar 
    I saw the vet reward gump on Origin. I would make a few changes. Instead of 20 items in a column I would have gone with 15 that way you can have more vertical space between rows to make it easier to click on the button for the item I want.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    Tell me, does this make sense to anyone else? @Kyronix

Could you put the Vet Rewards in order like lowest year to highest year or put the year they represent with them.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    edited March 2020
    @Bilbo this was something that I'd hoped to accomplish with the UI refactor, however due to timing constraints I had to punt on it for now.  Perhaps in the future it may be a QOL update in the UI, but can't guarantee it.  

@TimSt it really came  down to the size of the overall UI and fitting everything and having room for additions down the line.  Thanks for the feedback!
    Kyronix said:
    @ Bilbo this was something that I'd hoped to accomplish with the UI refactor, however due to timing constraints I had to punt on it for now.  Perhaps in the future it may be a QOL update in the UI, but can't guarantee it.  

@ TimSt it really came  down to the size of the overall UI and fitting everything and having room for additions down the line.  Thanks for the feedback!
    Kyronix said:
    @ Bilbo this was something that I'd hoped to accomplish with the UI refactor, however due to timing constraints I had to punt on it for now.  Perhaps in the future it may be a QOL update in the UI, but can't guarantee it.  

@ TimSt it really came  down to the size of the overall UI and fitting everything and having room for additions down the line.  Thanks for the feedback!
    I don’t mean for this to be disrespectful at all 
    why not just leave the vet reward menu how it is if it can’t be done correctly now 
    I’m really just trying to understand why fix something we have used for a very long time that has more issues than the new one
    now it’s more things on your list to do 

anyways can you please tone down the blue on the war boar if read on Stratics many don’t like the neon blue 
    at least let us change the color 

Kyronix said:

Please do not put out a sub-standard product.  Remove it from this pub, fix it then put it out or it will never be fixed, sorry to say that.
    @Bilbo - we wouldn't hold back the entire UI update due to this. The vet reward interface gump needed to be refactored to accommodate additional rewards and we accomplished that goal.  There are other resources available via the wiki to indicate in which year which reward is available.  Thanks for the feedback.
    edited March 2020
    Kyronix said:
    @ Bilbo - we wouldn't hold back the entire UI update due to this. The vet reward interface gump needed to be refactored to accommodate additional rewards and we accomplished that goal.  There are other resources available via the wiki to indicate in which year which reward is available.  Thanks for the feedback.
    Is it possible to put them in order by age 
    1st year first and so on 
    or just put a number next to them like for 15 for 15 year reward 
    @Skett that is something we would accomplish in next year's vet reward update. 
  • TrevelyanTrevelyan Posts: 21
    Would be interesting to see either items, or titles, for accounts older than 20 years!

...or maybe even a leather dye tub that dyes cloth!
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    How come there hasn't been Woodland, Bone, or Stone armor dye tubs added yet?

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    Good question 

All though I’m afraid to see what colors they add at this point