Auto follow in EC

Is it possible to , or can the devs implement a way to do this like you can on the CC client? @Mesanna

Comments

• sibblesibble Posts: 113
    edited February 2020
    I've thought about this and have been asked about this for a long time and however much I'd love this feature this would be a little over-powered in my opinion.

In CC you have to actually click someone to auto-follow them which is almost impossible to do while you're PvPing.

If they were to implement the same thing in EC, most likely there'd be a function that would auto-follow your current target, making it extremely easy to do compared to CC.

I would be all for this if they had an easier way to auto-follow people in CC, like macroing a target, etc.  Client balance is important for PVP.
  • HardyHardy Posts: 30
    Would love this feature, its used a lot in the RP world
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    sibble said:

If they were to implement the same thing in EC, most likely there'd be a function that would auto-follow your current target, making it extremely easy to do compared to CC.

Bit of a stretch there, so you don't want it if it is gonna be easier in the EC?   As far as I can see they can implement it exactly as you do it in the cc.  No idea why you think it would be different or 'easier'.   Not everything in the ec is 'easier' lol.   You are just guessing as to how they would do this IF they could. 

Auto follow would be great to have in the EC.  Not sure why it wasn't included in the initial client.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • +1 devs should add this option to EC client, or remove it from Classic
    Discord: Gandalf#5361
    PRO Guild Leader
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Could one of you claiming this is a needed function in either client please explain to the rest of the class what it is exactly you need follow for, if you're not multi boxing ? So far I've seen people claim it's good for RP, give us an example of how using follow helps boost your RP experience.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • sibblesibble Posts: 113
    edited March 2020
    MissE said:
    sibble said:

Not everything in the ec is 'easier' lol.
    Yes... yes it is actually  :)

I do follow your logic, I have no idea how they will implement it.  I can get a pretty good idea looking at what they've done with EC so far though.

I used EC full-time with all my PvE and PvP characters since it came out.  I love EC and support positive changes to the client.

I'm simply saying if they do indeed implement this in EC, at least do it the exact same way it is in CC -  and even if this is the case, it's possible Pinco will add additional functionality down the line.
  • vortexvortex Posts: 201
    edited March 2020
    My stealth tamer loves the autofollow feature the scripts use on the bulls in jhelom... Love how they Chase the bull to more dangerous places and keep trying to tame it lol
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited March 2020
    Not sure about other RPers, but "follow" is useful for certain scenarios, such as where a victim is "kidnapped"

So follow me a bit here on this @Garth_Grey (har har har)

Player A is the kidnapper
    Player B is the victim

Player A: *ties ropes around victim's hands*
    Player B: oh noes! I am tied!  <--consensual agreement to being kidnapped
    Player A: *drags victim to secret lair*
    Player B: oh noes! I am dragged! <--consensual agreement to being kidnapped, again
    (Player B initiates follow so as to follow the kidnapper without recourse)

If Player B does not initiate follow, Player B just stands there and Player A looks like a fool - ruining the immersion and role play for anyone else involved. Furthermore, what if Player B doesn't know where Player A is going? Follow helps eliminate the guesswork and can enact a vain struggle against the captor.

Player A: now be a good captive and don't struggle
    Player B: (auto following Player A) *struggles against the cords that bind*
    Player A: I said, don't struggle!
    Player B: (auto following Player A) but the ropes are tight!
    Player A: suffer! you are my captive!

Of course, Players A & B must be in agreement with the action, and for most RPers, it is rightly so.

But to continue the scenario... say, Player B finally removes the ropes...

Player A: I said, STOP struggling!
    Player B: why? worried your knots will slip?
    Player B: *struggles so much, knots slip and ropes fall to ground* <-- RP notice that the kidnapping fails
    Player A: oops!  <-- RP acknowledgment of kidnapping fail
    Player B: I AM FREEEEE! 
    (Player B stops following and runs off)

If you don't understand, maybe you need to learn to RP a bit. :)
    ~~~

Another way follow is used a lot is to help newbies explore. I typically have a newb (using CC) follow me and they don't get lost - they can pay more attention to the surroundings than trying to keep up with me. 
    Could one of you claiming this is a needed function in either client please explain to the rest of the class what it is exactly you need follow for, if you're not multi boxing ? So far I've seen people claim it's good for RP, give us an example of how using follow helps boost your RP experience.
    Way back when i played in cc often used auto follow to follow people in party who were going places i wasnt overly familiar with, especially in the lost lands.  Also great when you are in party and showing some newb around they could just click on  you to follow and you saved tons of time with them running off into to bushes and getting lost.   It has always been a function in the cc would be nice in the EC.  Really great for party players when your all heading somewhere.

Cheers MissE

• SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    you can run lua scripts in EC, auto loot legendaries dry and auto sort them, auto equip multiple suits, auto run around stuff like gravestones, auto toggle war mode when hit with certain spells.

EC already does so much for you, let CC have at least 1 benefit that EC does not (other than the main benefit of the CC which is that the game doesnt look like trash)

people multiboxing dont use auto-follow they use third party programs to do it and its pretty darn easy to tell the difference.
    Smoot said:
    you can run lua scripts in EC, auto loot legendaries dry and auto sort them, auto equip multiple suits, auto run around stuff like gravestones, auto toggle war mode when hit with certain spells.

EC already does so much for you, let CC have at least 1 benefit that EC does not (other than the main benefit of the CC which is that the game doesnt look like trash)

people multiboxing dont use auto-follow they use third party programs to do it and its pretty darn easy to tell the difference.

On that basis when CC user's request to have stuff the EC does we should say ... hmm NO, use the EC if you want it. 

You have auto dress, you have bigger play screen, you have healers on map etc all coming from the EC into the CC.  Yet you wanna just say no to it.  Won't affect YOU at all if you play the cc will it? 

It is a quality of life issue, nothing more. If you are not prepared to allow EC users to get auto follow then don't ever ask for the cc to get something the EC has.

It is not critical, nor were healers showing in the cc map.  Yet the devs did that for you. 

MOST people who use the EC don't have a clue about lua scripts.  Not sure why you think everyone who plays EC has the ability to write any scripts, the majority don't they just download and play.  It is only the tech heads that get that involved. 

Cheers MissE

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Last EC feature i asked about was exactly.... *drumroll* .... zero F given about..
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)