Please support ulitma online.

You can trade sovereigns for gold legally in game to people, please do that instead of buying it from 3rd parties. I know it is a bit more expensive, but it is better for everyone to do it that way. Obviously most dont do it that way, because when I was trying to sell mine every one got confused as to what I was doing.

Just a humble request, since it is about the only way I can think of that might actually stop spammers and gold sellers, if no one buys from them they will stop. I obviously cant force you, but please think about supporting the game through the cash shop next time you want to buy gold. 
  1. Support UO or game sellers7 votes
    1. Uo cash shop
      57.14%
    2. Uo 3rd party sites
        0.00%
    3. Dont care
      42.86%

Comments

• RockRock Posts: 567
    While I would rather have the cash go back into the game, even if the UO Store lowered its price, the 3rd party guys would lower their prices to undercut it.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • Rock said:
    While I would rather have the cash go back into the game, even if the UO Store lowered its price, the 3rd party guys would lower their prices to undercut it.
    They dont need to lower them, people should just support the game. 
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited March 2020
    You can trade sovereigns for gold legally in game 
    Sovereigns are tied to your BS account, not a character account - and are bound via the BS website not the game.

So tell me, how does one transfer sovereigns to another BS account via the game?

A person can buy a Sovereign Code from the Origin store and then give THAT to another player in exchange for RMT or in-game gold or out of the good graces of their ever-loving heart, but trading sovereigns direct via the game itself is kinda impossible. 

If I didn't buy a code (or sovereigns or game time or anything else for that matter) from the Origin store, how do I know it is a good code?

Now, Player A can buy a Store Item for sovereigns and put them on a vendor - which is what a lot of in-game merchants do.

What is the point of your post? Yes people got confused because you CANNOT sell your Sovereigns in the game - you can only sell the items you buy with the sovereigns.

What people go to the 3rd party sites for are...
    -- Bulk Gold (to buy the overpriced items and resources in game)
    -- Bulk Resources (to work skills so they can catch up because resources are overpriced in game)
    -- Codes (for sovereigns, game time, or expansions - but this is risky as codes could be duped or bought with stolen CC info and are not supported by BS)
    -- Rares (most likely limited and gotten via IDOCS)

The 3rd party site guys do quantity sales, especially in gold and resources, so they tend to either script & unattend-macro in-game or dupe; both of which are violations of the ToS. It is in the mass quantity that these seller can justify their costs, and also the time they spend in doing such activities. Even if BS were to lower the cost of items in the store, the 3rd party guys would just drop their prices to undercut, and do more quantity to justify.

Is economics really.

What will help kill the 3rd party guys is...
    1 - Players gather and share their own resources and generate their own gold
    2 - Players stop going to the 3rd party sites
    3 - 3rd party sites are not able to advertise via the game (Avatar spamming, Rune & Books drops around the map, etc.)

A drastic measure would be for the devs to cause an economic crash of some sort - but that is discussion for another thread.

Basically, you posted a fallacy regarding sovereigns.

• MakasouleaterMakasouleater Posts: 29
    edited March 2020
    Kirthag said:
    Sovereigns are tied to your BS account, not a character account - and are bound via the BS website not the game.

So tell me, how does one transfer sovereigns to another BS account via the game?

A person can buy a Sovereign Code from the Origin store and then give THAT to another player in exchange for RMT or in-game gold or out of the good graces of their ever-loving heart, but trading sovereigns direct via the game itself is kinda impossible. 

If I didn't buy a code (or sovereigns or game time or anything else for that matter) from the Origin store, how do I know it is a good code?

Now, Player A can buy a Store Item for sovereigns and put them on a vendor - which is what a lot of in-game merchants do.

What is the point of your post? Yes people got confused because you CANNOT sell your Sovereigns in the game - you can only sell the items you buy with the sovereigns.

What people go to the 3rd party sites for are...
    -- Bulk Gold (to buy the overpriced items and resources in game)
    -- Bulk Resources (to work skills so they can catch up because resources are overpriced in game)
    -- Codes (for sovereigns, game time, or expansions - but this is risky as codes could be duped or bought with stolen CC info and are not supported by BS)
    -- Rares (most likely limited and gotten via IDOCS)

The 3rd party site guys do quantity sales, especially in gold and resources, so they tend to either script & unattend-macro in-game or dupe; both of which are violations of the ToS. It is in the mass quantity that these seller can justify their costs, and also the time they spend in doing such activities. Even if BS were to lower the cost of items in the store, the 3rd party guys would just drop their prices to undercut, and do more quantity to justify.

Is economics really.

What will help kill the 3rd party guys is...
    1 - Players gather and share their own resources and generate their own gold
    2 - Players stop going to the 3rd party sites
    3 - 3rd party sites are not able to advertise via the game (Avatar spamming, Rune & Books drops around the map, etc.)

A drastic measure would be for the devs to cause an economic crash of some sort - but that is discussion for another thread.

Basically, you posted a fallacy regarding sovereigns.

You go into chat say selling sovereigns for gold, then have them pick out what they want and u sell it to them. 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Kirthag said:

A currency change would have done it. I really thought we were heading that way with the copper shilling arc thing.
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    Go through EA and save yourself a headache and cash loss.  3rd party sellers are bad news. As for player sellers... we have had too many cheating in the game from noted players who think nothing of cheating you out of your money or UO gold.  
    This is nothing a Dev or GM can help you with if they do..... Take my word on this.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Lady_Storm said: 
    This is nothing a Dev or GM can help you with if they do..... Take my word on this.
    Except for enforcing the ToS for once xD Who cares if those AtlanticCallMeNames people have 50 accounts. UO double standards ftw. Sad state of the game.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    You go into chat say selling sovereigns for gold, then have them pick out what they want and u sell it to them. 
    So you are NOT selling sovereigns. 

I say again...