CAMPING Skill : How about giving it a new life and usefullness ?

A new life and usefullness as like what ?

The ability to Log Off in UO, anywhere, with decreasing delay as the Camping skill increases up to be able to INSTANTLY be able to log off anywhere, whether in combat or not, no questions asked, if one has 100.0 GM Camping skill invested in the Template.

And, no longer the need to use kindlings nor the bedroll.

One has 100.0 Camping skill points invested in the Template ?

Just press the Log Off button and in a blink of an eye the Character would vanish from the UO World regardless where it was and in what status it was.

Of course, at lower Camping skill level, instead, it would take some time before the character vanished from the World...

Rather then have Camping as a useless skill which noone uses (that I know of), why not give it some true, some advantage so that players would be incentivated to use it ?

Comments

• vortexvortex Posts: 200
    You can camp with joat easy enough... Better things to fix than this.... No one would invest any points into this with limited skill points
  • I use camping a lot in lost lands.  Great for tactical escapes and surprise attacks or just good rp in general (stop looting my kindling lol).  The delay means there's counterplay, instant vanishing would be broken. Just because a skill goes to 100 or 120 doesn't mean you have to take it there.  
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    I use camping a lot in lost lands.  Great for tactical escapes and surprise attacks or just good rp in general (stop looting my kindling lol).  The delay means there's counterplay, instant vanishing would be broken. Just because a skill goes to 100 or 120 doesn't mean you have to take it there.  
     The delay means there's counterplay, instant vanishing would be broken.
    With today's Templates "squeezed" of skill points, investing a far 100.0 skill points in Camping should be abdolutely and undoubtedly rewarding to my opinion...

That is why think that a Template with 100.0 skill Points invested in Camping should be granted total, immediate and abdolute INSTANT logging out, no matter where and in what status the character was to be....

I would imagine that there would be some among players, who would, because of such a concrete and tangible advantage of INSTANT logging out, no question asked other the the Logging Off Gump upon pressing the logging out button or key, take the effort of going all the way up to100.0 skills in Camping....

Not allowing total, immediate and instantaneous logging off, no question asked, after investing 100.0 skill points in Camping, would basically make it less interested for players to want to spend so many skill points on, and Camping would remain as largely unused by players I think....

In order to promote among players the use of the Camping skill and the wish to invest a fat 100.0 skill points in it, all the way up to GM Camper, the advantage from such a large investment of skill points should be one with no downsides, me thinks....

Else, if GM Camper was to still have its flaws, after spending so many skill points in it, why would players want to bother ?

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Weren't you recently complaining about cramped player skills and having to use stones to swap skills and now you want to add another skill to the list, LMAO, PRICELESS.
    Bilbo said:
    Weren't you recently complaining about cramped player skills and having to use stones to swap skills and now you want to add another skill to the list, LMAO, PRICELESS.
    Well, if it is a skill that comes usefull for the expenditure of points why not ?
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Another flavor of the day. Do you actually have time to play UO with all these awesome ideas and long endless babble? 
    jelinidas said:
    Another flavor of the day. Do you actually have time to play UO with all these awesome ideas and long endless babble? 
    What is there that is wrong with wishing that skills not used in Ultima Online were to be changed in order to make players willing to invest skill point in them ?
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Guys, just let him have this one. It's camping. 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    Maybe they could add BBQ pits and accessories that have all new runics, recipe scrolls and resources (new craft able) new secret sauce that gives bounces to the BBQ food AND MOST importantly bring back TENTS as well 

lol 

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    You don't know how to play the skills that are useful and you want more useful skills.  I can hear the thread already about a new skill, Could someone go out and learn everything about the new skill and come tell me so I can tell you you do not know what you are talking about.