Amount of Gold Added from Deluxe Starter Pack / $ Price of the Pack

I used the Deluxe Starter Pack gate on Test Center to get one of the chests.  However, I didn't see any change in my character's bank balance and there's no token in the chest that looks like it would add gold.

The most recent version of the publish notes say that the last update "adjusted gold available in the Deluxe Starter pack token."  So do you now get no gold when buying the Deluxe Starter Pack or do you get something else?  When I scroll down to near the bottom of the latest version of the publish 99 notes, it says that the Deluxe Starter Pack adds 100,000 to the player's currency account; however, I distinctly recall reading that it said 1,000,000 at one point.

So how much gold will you get from buying the Deluxe Starter Pack and has a USD price been established for it yet?

Thanks!

Comments

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,021

It did originally say "1,000,000".

Then they adjusted it.

Now it says "100,000".

So you get 100k instead of 1 mil.

However, I just checked on TC and you are correct, the gold is not being applied to my bank account balance.

Is gold handled differently for EJ accounts since they have no bank box?

-Arroth
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549

It did originally say "1,000,000".

Then they adjusted it.

Now it says "100,000".

So you get 100k instead of 1 mil.

However, I just checked on TC and you are correct, the gold is not being applied to my bank account balance.

Is gold handled differently for EJ accounts since they have no bank box?

I'm not sure how gold is handled for EJ accounts.  However, I haven't read anything that says that only EJ accounts will be able to buy the Deluxe Starter Pack.  So it looks like there may be a bug for paid accounts buying it if they don't actually get any gold.  
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,021
    edited April 2018
    Margrette said:
    I'm not sure how gold is handled for EJ accounts.  However, I haven't read anything that says that only EJ accounts will be able to buy the Deluxe Starter Pack.  So it looks like there may be a bug for paid accounts buying it if they don't actually get any gold.  

Kyronix said in the other thread that Deluxe Starter Kits were purchasable by anyone, so yeah you're right we should be able to see it on non-EJ accounts.

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/3372/#Comment_3372

Tried the deluxe kit with both EJ enabled and disabled. No gold either way.

Maybe the way the gold from the Kit is delivered is tied up with all the changes to banking going on with EJ and something else has to get patched before we see the gold show up?

-Arroth
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    They should add another "0" to that amount.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    You need to get the kit from the actual Ultima Store in order to get the gold, since it's just coming from a dispenser you won't receive it on TC1.
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    Kyronix said:
    You need to get the kit from the actual Ultima Store in order to get the gold, since it's just coming from a dispenser you won't receive it on TC1.
    So the gold amount will be 100,000? Has EA/BS set a USD price for the kit yet?
  • BubblegumBubblegum Posts: 41
    Probably going to be something around @19.95US or something like that.. since the Mythic Character token is $25.00US.

Wildfire