unraveling question

RockRock Posts: 567
edited February 2020 in Skills and Stats
My Gargoyle Imbuer is at skill level 82.3.  I thought being a Gargoyle, he had about a 6 skill point bonus,, and the public soulforge in Ter Mur granted 2 more,  So with his actual skill and the bonuses, he should have more than 90 effective skill, right?

But he still does not seem able to unravel greater and major magic items (and even a few lesser).  I'd really like to start receiving some relic fragments from unraveling.  Is he going to have to get to 90.1 actual skill before this can happen?
Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)

Comments

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    I think you are confusing a bonus to success chance with +skill bonus.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    you must have 10K points with the  gargoyle Queen to use the Soulforge there
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Not for the public soulforge, that requirement is for the queen's soulforge. Merus is correct,it is a bonus to success chance, not a skill bonus.
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    Okay, thanks.  Well, at the rate he has been gaining from just unraveling, he should be over 90 skill in 15 days or so.  He does some actual imbuing as well, but hasn't focused on training that way.  Some of the properties he would really like to imbue require relic fragments, sigh.

Overall, I like the design of the Imbuing skill.  It gives craftsmen the opportunity to compete with monster loot.  Skill gain seems to be steady, at least into the 80s.  It also uses gems as a resource, which until Imbuing were not very useful. 
  • You can blast out imbuing by finding the people who farm miasma and the like for tmaps from the chests.  They generally just take the maps, ask them if you can take the chests after they get what they want and just mass unravel them.  You can get 120 in no time just doing that. 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Mariah said:
    Not for the public soulforge, that requirement is for the queen's soulforge. Merus is correct,it is a bonus to success chance, not a skill bonus.
    I thought that was the queens soulforge.
    when you do a search for the queens soulforge, I have never found cords for where its location is... so when I was told that was the queens soulforge, I never questioned whether it was or not.
  • Further north, need LP to use it
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Mariah said:
    I thought that was the queens soulforge.
    when you do a search for the queens soulforge, I have never found cords for where its location is... so when I was told that was the queens soulforge, I never questioned whether it was or not.

Try this:
    and this:

• RockRock Posts: 567
    edited February 2020
    Further north, need LP to use it
    If "LP" is Loyalty Points, then yes, a character must build up 10,000 LP with the Gargoyle queen by defeating overland monsters in Ter Mur or the Styggian Abyss.  Gargoyles start with 2000 loyalty, so they only need 8000 more. There are also a few repeatable quests that offer LP, but most of them require fighting as well. For a pure crafter this can be awkward unless he has the support of a guild willing to party with him knowing for that mission he will essentially be dead weight.
    (Actually, "LP" as Long Play works too.  :)  )

This all is a moot point for my particularly imbuer, who is also a macer/shieldsman/healer.  I wanted him to be able to earn most of his LP by himself.

• I did it by using a heavy hit area mage weapon respond slayer with the goblin slayer talisman, clearing out the goblin abyss spawn.  Worked decently for only having 70 Magery with some + skill items.